MEGAUPLOAD sues for their song ft PDiddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg Chris Brown

Haha this is crazy they made an original song with all these stars...  

Ina 4 minute trackproduced byPrintz Board, P Diddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game, Mary J Blige, Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather, Jamie Foxx and more sing about how wonderful Megaupload is.
megaartist2.jpg
YouTube has removed a video supporting online storage site Megaupload that features artists like Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Macy Gray at the request of Universal Music Group, who claimed that it infringed on their copyright. The only problem is, the artists in question had signed release forms, and Megaupload has filed a lawsuit against UMG as a result of their actions.

Megaupload posted the promotional video, which includes UMG artist Will.i.am saying “When I got to send files across the globe, I use Megaupload,†to YouTube on Friday, but the original posting was removed within a day following UMG’s complaint. However,as company founder Kim Dotcom explained, “Mega owns everything in this video. And we have signed agreements with every featured artist for this campaign. They are sending illegitimate takedown notices for content they don’t own… They are willfully sabotaging this viral campaign.â€

Read more:http://techland.time.com/2011/12/13...ic-group-over-illegal-takedown/#ixzz1gs8rrKgk

[h4]
[/h4]

Of course hip hop and R&B artists would do this for a check. I'm surprised so many are so dumb that they don't even realize they're taking money out they're own pockets by supporting a site that lets ppl illegally upload their music so that it can be shared with others for free.

If they know what they're doing then I guess they're sticking it to the major labels and are eating off that tour money.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Megaupload just shot themselves in the foot smh

oh word? they have support from the artist though...

lets go
pimp.gif
the system is going down...a new era is around the corner....true freedom in America ftw..

If they know what they're doing then I guess they're sticking it to the major labels and are eating off that tour money.
the fact of the matter is music is no different from any other industry...and these so called 'executives' are truly the parasites eating off the artist under a guise of legitimacy...

..there is a long tradition of exploitation by executives in the record industry....

thats why a guy like Immortal Technique can have a career like he has.

What the hell? Don't they realize Megaupload is killing their careers?

"If you cant beat em, join em" philosophy, ey?

edit:
I didnt realize they were so relivant and dominant in the web. Watch Google try to get their hands in the file sharing business.

When will Google be considered a monopoly? Or are those kinds of laws not implimented on the web? Either way... I like the freedom of the internet. With all these news laws and confines they're trying to place on us, it's almost like they're pushing us out of real life and confining us to a digital world... The Matrix...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

same thing i was thinking. lets support one of the many site's where my music gets illegally uploaded to 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

same thing i was thinking. lets support one of the many site's where my music gets illegally uploaded to 
roll.gif
if they know they can never stop file sharing, might as well make some money when one of the major file hosters probably offered them a great deal of cash; while what money they do make from selling CDs is getting paid to their "executives"
im assuming they know for a fact they make a majority of their money from touring, and so this is like a big middle finger to their execs.  you know those execs dont do crap but leech off their talent

Why would Alicia Keys lower herself to doing this? Anyway why does mega upload need advertising. I've used the damn thing 10 + times this week alone.

To ATLien Seeko:

I don't think that Google will ever get into the file sharing business. The main difference is that these companies (like Megaupload, Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc) have bases of operation in other countries such as Russia, Finland, Sweden, etc. They know that their servers have copyrighted material on them, and that through providing file hosting, they are effectively distributing anything that people upload. If their servers were in America, the FBI would be able to just go to the location and shut them down. But, because they are in other countries, the FBI/CIA/RIAA does not have jurisdiction, so they can send as many cease and desist letters as they want, but the police departments in those places won't do anything because they have very relaxed laws and regulations about the internet and what it can and cannot be used for, if any. Google on the other hand is in the US, and if they were to get into that industry it would open a can of worms that I don't believe they want to deal with. At least, not yet. Google itself is involved in far too many things as it is, so if they were to take that step at this present time (or in the foreseeable future,) I think it would hurt them more than anything.

You cannot enforce any laws on the internet itself. That's why there are so many illegal things widely available on the internet. That's also why things like the SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) exist, and will be passed into law despite what citizens want/vote for. The only time we see laws enforced on the internet is when the websites and/or their owners are in the U.S. Other times, it is the NSA hacking the websites to bring them down. Don't believe me? Look up Stuxnet. The US' cyber defense and attack programs are insanely powerful, and even more secretive.

If you're intrigued about how much the US Government monitors internet usage, download a program called PeerBlock. It logs all of the different IP addresses that connect to your machine. Set a market for government addresses. I'm sure it will put a new perspective on things and how you interact with the internet.

eek.gif
Yo....how the hell did they get these artists to co-sign this? Wow! So many dumb people on earth
roll.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Yeah

To ATLien Seeko:

I don't think that Google will ever get into the file sharing business. The main difference is that these companies (like Megaupload, Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc) have bases of operation in other countries such as Russia, Finland, Sweden, etc. They know that their servers have copyrighted material on them, and that through providing file hosting, they are effectively distributing anything that people upload. If their servers were in America, the FBI would be able to just go to the location and shut them down. But, because they are in other countries, the FBI/CIA/RIAA does not have jurisdiction, so they can send as many cease and desist letters as they want, but the police departments in those places won't do anything because they have very relaxed laws and regulations about the internet and what it can and cannot be used for, if any. Google on the other hand is in the US, and if they were to get into that industry it would open a can of worms that I don't believe they want to deal with. At least, not yet. Google itself is involved in far too many things as it is, so if they were to take that step at this present time (or in the foreseeable future,) I think it would hurt them more than anything.

You cannot enforce any laws on the internet itself. That's why there are so many illegal things widely available on the internet. That's also why things like the SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) exist, and will be passed into law despite what citizens want/vote for. The only time we see laws enforced on the internet is when the websites and/or their owners are in the U.S. Other times, it is the NSA hacking the websites to bring them down. Don't believe me? Look up Stuxnet. The US' cyber defense and attack programs are insanely powerful, and even more secretive.

If you're intrigued about how much the US Government monitors internet usage, download a program called PeerBlock. It logs all of the different IP addresses that connect to your machine. Set a market for government addresses. I'm sure it will put a new perspective on things and how you interact with the internet.

I have PeerBlock, but I've never monitored its activity. Hmm... I need to do more research...

You're right, all of these artists are DEFINITELY hurting for money

P Diddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game, Mary J Blige�, Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather, Jamie Foxx

Hella broke
30t6p3b.gif

With the exception of Kim Kardashian, why do they only have African American celebrities in this ad?

I use Megaupload too
frown.gif

I wonder if any of them actually knew what megaupload was
nerd.gif

Megaupload has to be lying about the signed releases, I doubt any of the artist's agents/managers would let them sign off on something like this.

you guys are failing to see the genius in this....

CD sales only give pennies on the dollar to artists right... and piracy is used by millions to get music for free

So using one of the main piracy outlets to push your music is perfect

Discounted music will probably pop up as a search result ahead of the illegal download

This means millions of would be pirates will be advertised legitimate product. while searching...

The best part, is that the record companies wouldn't even be able to get a cut of these sales since they are outside of their distribution....

You guys have no insight into how the industry works. Megaupload = the future

Back
Top Bottom