Melo M5

I tried these on the other day and was very impressed. The zoom units in the heel and forefoot seemed ultra responsive and it really was suprisinglylightweight. The colorways released are blah(i think the white/yellow joints hes been rocking are fire), but I can overlook that with a shoe with this kind oftechnology at this price point. I think the looks of the shoe probably have caused people to sleep on these. anyone balled in them? For 70 bucks they seem likeone of the best deals going right now for a Nike performance shoe with 2 zoom units.

Me personaly I feel that the melo 5 overall is a good shoe, your right the colors are blah but on the court the seem like they would fit snug to your. Kindalike the Kobe iv and surprisingly it's a really light weight shoe maybe not as much compared to the kobe iv and the hyperdunks but I feel that if people dobuy go a size up because the melo 5 runs small for example if your a sz. 11 go for a size 11.5 trust me it will better you in the long run

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Me personaly I feel that the melo 5 overall is a good shoe, your right the colors are blah but on the court the seem like they would fit snug to your. Kinda like the Kobe iv and surprisingly it's a really light weight shoe maybe not as much compared to the kobe iv and the hyperdunks but I feel that if people do buy go a size up because the melo 5 runs small for example if your a sz. 11 go for a size 11.5 trust me it will better you in the long run
That's kinda weird. I've got the M5 as well and I'd say it fits true to size. And I've got feet on the wide side. I've playedin them once and I just couldn't get that lockdown feel. But I do agree about the weight, cushioning and responsiveness. It's really bouncy and soft.

I'll wear them again today so expect an update on my opinion on traction and lockdown feel in 4 hours.

EDIT: It's been more than 4 hours and I've played in them again. Traction is adequate. It gets the job done but it could've been a lot stickier ifnot for that weird M pattern. I couldn't get a single squeek when jabbing or cutting. My Air Total Package have a lot more traction and I'd say even myHuarache 08's have better traction. Note that I don't play on hardwood, I play on some rubber compound floor. Can't really explain it well but mosteuro guys know what I'm talking about. It's still a good shoe. There's no slipping but you still have the idea that it could be stickier to thefloor.

I double-socked this time and it felt great. No more side to side movement. I think my feet might be shrinking because of my weight loss. I've been a size9 for a year and it might be a good time to consider buying size 8.5. Lockdown feel was there for me after double socking. Again I think my normal size mightbe 8.5 now instead of the regular 9.

Originally Posted by prod2

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Me personaly I feel that the melo 5 overall is a good shoe, your right the colors are blah but on the court the seem like they would fit snug to your. Kinda like the Kobe iv and surprisingly it's a really light weight shoe maybe not as much compared to the kobe iv and the hyperdunks but I feel that if people do buy go a size up because the melo 5 runs small for example if your a sz. 11 go for a size 11.5 trust me it will better you in the long run
That's kinda weird. I've got the M5 as well and I'd say it fits true to size. And I've got feet on the wide side. I've played in them once and I just couldn't get that lockdown feel. But I do agree about the weight, cushioning and responsiveness. It's really bouncy and soft.

I'll wear them again today so expect an update on my opinion on traction and lockdown feel in 4 hours.

Yea I always get 10.5 in JB and that felt right to me on these. I also tried 11 just to see, and they felt big so I'd have to say they fit true tosize.

Thanks in advance for the update.

Can you guys tell me what position you play? I'm a combo guard and saw these in a lot of the nordstrom racks for $50......

Originally Posted by jman8811

Can you guys tell me what position you play? I'm a combo guard and saw these in a lot of the nordstrom racks for $50......
5'8"and 155 lbs. I play PG/SG. Not much of a slashing game but I try to run around and cut a lot to lose my man. Most of my points comefrom midrange shots or fastbreaks lay-ups.

these shoes didnt impress me at all. the cushioning was great, but no matter how i laced them i couldnt get them to feel secure. also, the melos will neverhave good traction until jb stops using that awful m pattern. it just doesnt grab the floor very well at all.

i was hoping for much more...

Pg/Sg 5'9 I'm more of a spot up shooter with a little bit of posting but whenever I can get a mismacth only because of my size I'm pretty strong inmy upper body.

Good footwork and fakes go a long way in the post, no matter what the height. Or he could be posting up smaller guards.

^^^true but at 5'9 nobody is going for those fakes because all you have to do is put a hand up and you have a flat foot swat.

Smaller guards with less weight, and also due to my weight im 200 lbs so I can out muscle the smaller guards but If there taller guards around 6'1 and upI usually do get my shot blocked
frown.gif
but I usually just kick out. Does thehelp you get a better Idea ?

For everyone one saying these dont have a good lockdown fit, you have to lace them to the last eye hole. When I tried this I almost felt like it locked myankle in too much.

i got you, theres a couple guys i play with that way. just giving you a hard time..

I agree they run a little small. I got a 10.5 for xmas as it has become a tradition from my in laws and I cant wear them to ball in I need an 11 but I wear a10.5

I agree they run a little small. I got a 10.5 for xmas as it has become a tradition from my in laws and I cant wear them to ball in I need an 11 but I wear a10.5

Back
Top Bottom