Memphis Grizzlies 2012 Offseason Thread

ohwell.gif

Can't lie. The Grizzlies are definitely a scary team. It was great to have more exposure to them during this past series. I hope you guys continue to get better and we have more awesome games.

Goodluck next year!

Game 7: Clippers 82, Grizzlies 72 – Where It All Ends

A good season came to a bad end for the Memphis Grizzlies at FedExForum today. In the first homecourt Game 7 in franchise history, the Grizzlies took a precarious one-point lead into the final quarter but were out-worked and out-executed by the Los Angeles Clippers, as has been the case for so much of this series.
Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins declined to respond to a question about fourth-quarter performance in his post-game press conference, calling the issue “far-fetched,

Y'all are like RIGHT THERE.

Just need an 'it' guy, someone to go to at the end of a game... a PLAYOFF game.

Tyreke for Gay

Fire Lionel!

PMatic your fanhood confuses me still
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

We have to figure out whether or not ZBO can get back to old form. If he can't, it may be time to package him in a deal to bring in another guy capable of taking over games for us.
Our guard play MUST improve. Conley played well the entire season and when his legs gave out on him, we had no one else capable of carrying the load (looking at Bum Juice). Its still hard to judge this team only exactly what they need to do this offseason. Is this team good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs when they fill in the needs, or does Rudy/ZBO need to moved for better pieces?

I see us going one or two ways this offseason:

1) Improve internally

-Keep the core intact

-bring back DA

-get a good backup pg (preferably a guy that can shoot and not a liability running the offense)

-S&T Juice

2) Make a big move

-trade either Rudy or ZBO in a package deal along with Juice and maybe Conley to bring in a playmaking PG (Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo) along with maybe 1 other piece

Have a playmaker on the perimeter that can takeover games when teams try to pack it in on ZBO/Marc. I think we are fine either way, but I do not want to see any weak moves. We know our needs and its time to fix them. The only thing we could do is hope for a healthy 2012-13 season.

Rudy, Juice or Z-Bo has to go. 
-I absolutely love Rudy but they has been putting up the same numbers he did in his second in the league. I done waiting for him to take it up to the next level. 

-Really like Juice but I feel its time for him to go. 

-I want to keep Z-Bo.

-Don't trade Gasol, this would be the dumbest move they could make. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Back up point guard is essential. Mayo did not play his part.
Juice did the best he could.

The blame should go on Coach Hollins and management for thinking Pargo/Selby were ready to handle minutes as rookies and Arenas with his one leg could provide stable minutes at point guard. I said it all season the decision to trade away Greasy was going to haunt the team and look what happened today.

dre miller is UFA, but i dont think a top 10 PG all time would wanna come off the bench another season

Dont know if this has been said but.............THEY sure missed Sam Young this series. Dude was solid on both ends

According to Hollinger, Grizz were #2 in the league in last 2 minute of one possession games. 
Not to mention, our record in 2 possession games this season was 28-6 compared to 17-17 last season. I'm not sure why we had such a hard time closing games in this series, but my guess would be lack of spacing and not trusting each other.

just couldnt close out gms
dont know why gil didnt get any burn until the very final minutes when the gm was on the line.
was it me or did zach sit for a long time in the fourth?

reggie evans looking like barkley with them boards
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom