"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't" Vol. Android vs. iOS

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
so android's top tier phones aren't smackin fire outta IOS all across da major carriers?....oh ok.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
so android's top tier phones aren't smackin fire outta IOS all across da major carriers?....oh ok.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

iPhone IS still better all around phone and OS, and I STILL have and use my iPhone on Tmobile.
iphone runnin on edge? how unfortunate that you do that
sick.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

iPhone IS still better all around phone and OS, and I STILL have and use my iPhone on Tmobile.
iphone runnin on edge? how unfortunate that you do that
sick.gif

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

what are the numbers of top selling android equipped phone vs top selling ios phone? for comparisons.

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

what are the numbers of top selling android equipped phone vs top selling ios phone? for comparisons.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
lmao. I've had both the iPhone and the most top tier Android phone when it came out the Evo 4G.  It's obvious that Android has more features and can do more.  But iPhone is just a more polished phone. The design, the UI, the OS, the materials, everything. 
Verizon is the number 1 carrier in the U.S. and they promoted the hell outta the Droids which are top tier and was their best selling phone but at the end of the day they STILL wanted the iPhone. 

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
lmao. I've had both the iPhone and the most top tier Android phone when it came out the Evo 4G.  It's obvious that Android has more features and can do more.  But iPhone is just a more polished phone. The design, the UI, the OS, the materials, everything. 
Verizon is the number 1 carrier in the U.S. and they promoted the hell outta the Droids which are top tier and was their best selling phone but at the end of the day they STILL wanted the iPhone. 

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
looking better =/= being being

at da end of da day iphones are limited in their capability...androids push da technology bar pretty much monthy with da onslaught of releases...its own developers

sharpen each other's swords, so outdoing a iphone has become trivial at this point..most people who just get iphones do it for brand recognition.

Numbers don't mean $##@ 
Quality > Quantity 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
looking better =/= being being

at da end of da day iphones are limited in their capability...androids push da technology bar pretty much monthy with da onslaught of releases...its own developers

sharpen each other's swords, so outdoing a iphone has become trivial at this point..most people who just get iphones do it for brand recognition.

In the past I've had numerous blackberrys and HTC android devices.

A few months back I got myself an iPhone just to see what the fuss was all about.

Make no mistake, the quality/polish of apps on the iphone destroys those on android.

iphone games are awesome. SFIV, Dead Space and Infinity Blade to name but a few.

HOWEVER...

When it comes to using it outside of a few apps and games, a number of shortcomings began to make themselves apparent.

Lack of widgets. I missed having a calender widget and setting toggle widgets. I shouldn't have to navigate through several screens to be able to turn bluetooth on or off for example.

Web browsing was inferior. By a lot. It was not even close. Android with a landslide victory.

Half-assed google services integration. I had to setup my gmail as an exchange account to get push email.

For the last 7 years, I have used the same sms alert (power ranger communicator beeps). The biggest problem I had was the fact that I could not do this on the iphone. Not without jailbreak. %#$?!?!

If both OS's could be merged that would be amazing. Both their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other well. 2 weeks ago I returned to android with a Nexus S. I should have never left.

In the past I've had numerous blackberrys and HTC android devices.

A few months back I got myself an iPhone just to see what the fuss was all about.

Make no mistake, the quality/polish of apps on the iphone destroys those on android.

iphone games are awesome. SFIV, Dead Space and Infinity Blade to name but a few.

HOWEVER...

When it comes to using it outside of a few apps and games, a number of shortcomings began to make themselves apparent.

Lack of widgets. I missed having a calender widget and setting toggle widgets. I shouldn't have to navigate through several screens to be able to turn bluetooth on or off for example.

Web browsing was inferior. By a lot. It was not even close. Android with a landslide victory.

Half-assed google services integration. I had to setup my gmail as an exchange account to get push email.

For the last 7 years, I have used the same sms alert (power ranger communicator beeps). The biggest problem I had was the fact that I could not do this on the iphone. Not without jailbreak. %#$?!?!

If both OS's could be merged that would be amazing. Both their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other well. 2 weeks ago I returned to android with a Nexus S. I should have never left.

hmmmmm troll posts "study" rather than the hard numbers verizon listed....

As for that little iPhone 4 launch, Verizon says it's resulted in 2.2 million activations

Verizon also said that demand was "strong" for its new LTE devices (including 260,000 HTC Thunderbolt activations)

hmmmmm troll posts "study" rather than the hard numbers verizon listed....

As for that little iPhone 4 launch, Verizon says it's resulted in 2.2 million activations

Verizon also said that demand was "strong" for its new LTE devices (including 260,000 HTC Thunderbolt activations)

[h4]NPD credits Verizon iPhone with stemming the Android tide in Q1 smartphone sales[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Apr 29th 2011 8:29AM

post_icon_stats.gif

As much as we were hoping to get some definitive statements from AT&T and Verizon's Q1 2011 financials about the Verizon iPhone's impact on the smartphone market, none were really forthcoming. It's left to analyst outfits like the NPD, therefore, to try and parse the data for us and read between the official lines. The latest numbers from the NPD Group's Mobile Phone Tracker indicate that Apple's share of US smartphones sales jumped from 19 percent in Q4 2010 to 28 percent in the first quarter of this year, which helped stymie Android's prodigious expansion. The Google OS went from being on 53 percent of all smartphones sold to a flat 50 percent in the quarter. Also intriguing about the period is that, for the first time, smartphones accounted for more than half of all mobile phones sold in the US, at 54 percent. The top five best-selling cellphones also happened to be smartphones, with Apple and HTC providing two each; the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Droid X, EVO 4G, and the Droid Incredible took home the NPD commendations.

[h4]NPD credits Verizon iPhone with stemming the Android tide in Q1 smartphone sales[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Apr 29th 2011 8:29AM

post_icon_stats.gif

As much as we were hoping to get some definitive statements from AT&T and Verizon's Q1 2011 financials about the Verizon iPhone's impact on the smartphone market, none were really forthcoming. It's left to analyst outfits like the NPD, therefore, to try and parse the data for us and read between the official lines. The latest numbers from the NPD Group's Mobile Phone Tracker indicate that Apple's share of US smartphones sales jumped from 19 percent in Q4 2010 to 28 percent in the first quarter of this year, which helped stymie Android's prodigious expansion. The Google OS went from being on 53 percent of all smartphones sold to a flat 50 percent in the quarter. Also intriguing about the period is that, for the first time, smartphones accounted for more than half of all mobile phones sold in the US, at 54 percent. The top five best-selling cellphones also happened to be smartphones, with Apple and HTC providing two each; the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Droid X, EVO 4G, and the Droid Incredible took home the NPD commendations.

Either way I don't think the numbers are accurate in terms of comparing the OS anyway. Sales between the two, yea. Unless they were taken from a huge population of tech savy computer geeks. Cuz I'm sure 80% of those people weren't purposely buying toward any OS. They just went in and went looking for the "brand new iPhone" cuz their friends have it. Or the new Evo or Android. Or just lookin for a phone that suits em... Small phone that fits in their pocket. Or a phone with a huge screen. Or a phone with/without actual keyboard. Don't think anything was purposely chosen for the OS.... for most anyway.

Back
Top Bottom