MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the dude is honest. I seen him post in another topic that he's just trying to get his post count up and its taking forever lol.

BTW, stay away from Mental Kicks. I don't have any experience with the other places so I can't speak on that.

Originally Posted by Mazz305

^LOL. So everybody who wanted Concords on RD got them??? NO.

(most of) the people who actually care enough to put in the effort got them, personally I missed out on them because I had to work but I never thought of going to any of these websites. I got mine off of my local CL for $320. The moral of the story is that you should be on top of these releases before they happen. Don't wait until you see all of the hype on ESPN then decide that you want the shoe

thanks for the info guys! i was always wondering what was up with those particular sites. i figured they were b-grades or just straight fake...

I have just gotten in my bred 4's 2012 from kicksole. my friend ordered from there his pair in a size 9. they came in the same package. they were not double boxed. i firmly believe they are b-grades. not because if they were fakes i would be more salty about paying 300.00$ dollars for my 4's, but just because of the facts. for the record i own 7 pairs of authentic/bought in footlocker/champs/finishline/1000+ feedback score ebayer. so i know what an authentic pair of 4's from the year 2012 looks like. so here i go. 1. the tongue on my left shoe was a little off center so i loosened the shoe up a bit and pull the tongue out. the top of the tongue is supposed to be circular andhave the same distance from one end of the flight patch to the top of the tongue as the otber end of the flight patch to the top. this was not the case. and on my friends pair it looks like someone took a bite out of his tongue. id say about 3/4  of a centimeter of an indentation on the top off the tongue. 2. we inspected our shoes and found some glue spots here and there but nothing too major. 3. i found some red paint on the cement grey part of the shoe that meets the toebox. to illustrate imagine a little kid coloring outside the lines. it is not a splatter of paint more like they colored outside of the lines. let me take a break here get some soda and come back. ok im back. now i know up until now i have only given you reason to believe they are high quality fakes but now lets take a look at why i know they are b-grades. 1 they have the "TWENTYTWELVE" logo pressed in on the part of the tongue that is closest to the outside of the shoe. we thought that it didnt look quite right (not indented enough compared to the cement 4's or the military blue 4's) so we pulled out the cav 4's thinking maybe it was because the suede/nubuck material used on thes 4's would have some impact on the amount of indentation. much to our suprise we were right. the cav 4's were not as indented as the other leather made 4's

2. the box (althogh completly smashed up) was up to standards in regards to authenticity. hangtag as well. 3 the shoe had the heel bumps that all authentic 4's have. 4.finally the the jumpman/heeltab on the back was well aligned which is notorious among high quality fakes to be misaligned, if thats even a real word. anyways i thought i would share my experience with you guys

I bought a pair of Flint XIII's off of mentalkicks before, and they were the same as what I got from a seller on NT. I mean at this point, does it really matter where you get it from. There are gray market pairs floating everywhere nowadays and some pairs that footlocker and finishline get are even worse than those from these websites. Quality control is an all time low.

I bought a pair of Flint XIII's off of mentalkicks before, and they were the same as what I got from a seller on NT. I mean at this point, does it really matter where you get it from. There are gray market pairs floating everywhere nowadays and some pairs that footlocker and finishline get are even worse than those from these websites. Quality control is an all time low.

I agree that the lines have been pretty blurred for a while. I bought the Flint XIII in '05 from Eastbay, and the things were such LQ that the "leather" toebox was already creased just from being positioned in the box. And I know damn well JB hasn't stepped up their quality standards since then. So if it's shoddy quality you're worried about, it's not like you can worry much less buying from Footlocker. The shoes will be "shoddy" either way, just some (off-shape XI retros) more than others. I'm sure there's holes in my view but that's what I think.

As for MentalKicks, KickSole, etc. websites:

It sounds like they get their shoes from a variety of ways. It's some combination of: paying off factories to produce extra pairs, stealing them, nabbing pairs that didn't pass QC, nabbing early production pairs, etc. More or less they're made in the same factories with the same materials by the same people, but the different ways of acquring them mean different levels of quality.

So you can draw a pair that is exactly like you'd find in Footlocker (they were probably stolen or shady extras made and sold off)

Or you can draw a pair where the shape is slightly off and other details are subpar (they were probably early production pairs or didn't pass quality control)

Last edited:
Because I've never used niketalk to buy kicks, and am kind of on the fence about it. I've ordered from mentalkicks before and the shoes were legit, but I was wondering in regards to concords, and especially if people knew first hand. I have a feeling that alot of people that diss those early release websites have never ordered from them. I'm not saying that someone hasn't gotten some b-grades, or that they don't sell b-grades. So, people on niketalk don't sell b-grades as legit shoes? Like I said, I'm new here, so please don't flip out if something I'm asking seems stupid to you. Peace

Nt's ur safehaven homie

stay away from mentalkicks. I brought some jordan 4s from them and compared them to my pair from footlocker. the material, paint, and shape was different. the color was even a different shade. they couldn't of been b-grades. the early pairs of bred 4s have the same exact flaws. i use to think people were exaggerating about hq fakes but its different when u compare them in person.

fflayne AKA elite kicks seemed to be inspired by this vid to drop his own for months back. I really wish he was man enough to do it before so other naive sneaker heads would shy away from buy high quality replicas. Heads just need to be careful when comes to these resellers selling these replicas at outrageous prices making a killing off heads that don't even know better.

fflayne AKA elite kicks seemed to be inspired by this vid to drop his own for months back. I really wish he was man enough to do it before so other naive sneaker heads would shy away from buy high quality replicas. Heads just need to be careful when comes to these resellers selling these replicas at outrageous prices making a killing off heads that don't even know better.

"Its like my shoes have herpes"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have just gotten in my bred 4's 2012 from kicksole. my friend ordered from there his pair in a size 9. they came in the same package. they were not double boxed. i firmly believe they are b-grades. not because if they were fakes i would be more salty about paying 300.00$ dollars for my 4's, but just because of the facts. for the record i own 7 pairs of authentic/bought in footlocker/champs/finishline/1000+ feedback score ebayer. so i know what an authentic pair of 4's from the year 2012 looks like. so here i go. 1. the tongue on my left shoe was a little off center so i loosened the shoe up a bit and pull the tongue out. the top of the tongue is supposed to be circular andhave the same distance from one end of the flight patch to the top of the tongue as the otber end of the flight patch to the top. this was not the case. and on my friends pair it looks like someone took a bite out of his tongue. id say about 3/4  of a centimeter of an indentation on the top off the tongue. 2. we inspected our shoes and found some glue spots here and there but nothing too major. 3. i found some red paint on the cement grey part of the shoe that meets the toebox. to illustrate imagine a little kid coloring outside the lines. it is not a splatter of paint more like they colored outside of the lines. let me take a break here get some soda and come back. ok im back. now i know up until now i have only given you reason to believe they are high quality fakes but now lets take a look at why i know they are b-grades. 1 they have the "TWENTYTWELVE" logo pressed in on the part of the tongue that is closest to the outside of the shoe. we thought that it didnt look quite right (not indented enough compared to the cement 4's or the military blue 4's) so we pulled out the cav 4's thinking maybe it was because the suede/nubuck material used on thes 4's would have some impact on the amount of indentation. much to our suprise we were right. the cav 4's were not as indented as the other leather made 4's

:rofl:

As for MentalKicks, KickSole, etc. websites:
It sounds like they get their shoes from a variety of ways. It's some combination of: paying off factories to produce extra pairs, stealing them, nabbing pairs that didn't pass QC, nabbing early production pairs, etc. More or less they're made in the same factories with the same materials by the same people, but the different ways of acquring them mean different levels of quality.
So you can draw a pair that is exactly like you'd find in Footlocker (they were probably stolen or shady extras made and sold off)
Or you can draw a pair where the shape is slightly off and other details are subpar (they were probably early production pairs or didn't pass quality control)

Best explanation for what these early sites do. Really a roll of the dice.

Last edited:
Can't lie was gonna go the same route as the OP but honestly after looking @ the prices for the Concords they're all within 20-50 bucks of legit pairs selling on ebay.  Just gotta keep your eye out and be aware.  Scored a DS pair of cool grey 11's last month for 250.  For some that may be nothing to brag about but finding a ds pair sz 14 under 300 was a good day for me. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom