Mesh Hernia Repair: Anyone who had this?

My 7 year old son had his Inguinal Hernia repaired last year. But this time, it has recurred & now, it's in the upper groin area. The surgeon suggested to use mesh repair. However, I've read that it causes chronic pain for many patients due to scarring. So I'm having second thoughts about it. Anyone who have experience/s about the said method? Thanks in advance NT.

My 7 year old son had his Inguinal Hernia repaired last year. But this time, it has recurred & now, it's in the upper groin area. The surgeon suggested to use mesh repair. However, I've read that it causes chronic pain for many patients due to scarring. So I'm having second thoughts about it. Anyone who have experience/s about the said method? Thanks in advance NT.

ive had it. no problems post surgery other than permanent numbness in the area. i had also heard about the never ending pain being a possibility but was told it happens to a very small percentage of people

ive had it. no problems post surgery other than permanent numbness in the area. i had also heard about the never ending pain being a possibility but was told it happens to a very small percentage of people

Originally Posted by iceman7920

How long have you had your surgery? Do you still have the brand name of your patch/mesh?

Originally Posted by iceman7920

How long have you had your surgery? Do you still have the brand name of your patch/mesh?

Originally Posted by seniosoul

how does he have a hernia already...

The doctor said, it was congenital. The passage, w/c starts from the stomach down to the groin, where the man's testes will be going down did not    close properly..

Originally Posted by seniosoul

how does he have a hernia already...

The doctor said, it was congenital. The passage, w/c starts from the stomach down to the groin, where the man's testes will be going down did not    close properly..

i have it. i had a double hernia when i was born and had one again when i was 5. i didnt even know i had the mesh thing or w.e til my parents told me a few years ago. i'm 19 and never had a single problem

i have it. i had a double hernia when i was born and had one again when i was 5. i didnt even know i had the mesh thing or w.e til my parents told me a few years ago. i'm 19 and never had a single problem

Back
Top Bottom