Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

Haven't slept yet. Bout to go to work now. RIP. Enjoying it a lot, no spoilers.

Last edited:
Do I need to finish Ground Zero before I start this? :lol: I'm still working on getting that caged chick out the facility :smh:

Last edited:
Do I need to finish Ground Zero before I start this?
laugh.gif
I'm still working on getting that caged chick out the facility
mean.gif
If you wanna play it for the story. If not just watch a video online.

Don't listen to anyone complaining that GZ could be beaten in 15 minutes.  There's plenty of content in the game, and both PS4 and X1 have offered the game for free with respective online services.  No one is only getting 15 minutes of playtime on their first run of the game.  GZ did help get familiar with the controls and general sneaking of the game.

man what is the point of pre-ordering via amazon.ca when they aren't shipping til september 4th and getting here by september 10th

couple of questions:

1) is this game beatable? some of these MGS games are way too hard...sometimes you just wanna play the game for the story and graphics/gameplay

2) if you haven't beaten any of the other MGS games, is it possible to just pick this up and play?

couple of questions:

1) is this game beatable? some of these MGS games are way too hard...sometimes you just wanna play the game for the story and graphics/gameplay

2) if you haven't beaten any of the other MGS games, is it possible to just pick this up and play?
game is beatable.  if you keep dying you'll be gifted with special items to help you progress (i heard you definitely progress).  I'm taking forever playing most missions because i'm not killing anyone and i'm tryna get intel from everyone.

yeah the game is fairly unique to the previous ones.  Most similar to MGS IV though, with the over the shoulder aiming and similar recticles.  If you dont care about S ranking missions, you can definitely get through the game.

game is beatable.  if you keep dying you'll be gifted with special items to help you progress (i heard you definitely progress).  I'm taking forever playing most missions because i'm not killing anyone and i'm tryna get intel from everyone.

yeah the game is fairly unique to the previous ones.  Most similar to MGS IV though, with the over the shoulder aiming and similar recticles.  If you dont care about S ranking missions, you can definitely get through the game.

thanks bro going to cop after work.

couple of questions:

It's very different also where you can replay missions, you will be required to do some over if you want certain things.

Playing other MGS games isn't required especailly for this one because the game play style is different being its open world. Like from MGS to this is totally different. If you are a fan of open world I def recommend it, the stealth element brings more of a challenge but if you want to run and gun go ahead lol. Game leaves the choice to you. But it's not wise for the sake of quicker progression to kill everyone.

This isn't like Bloodborne frustration either, if you die, you can change your approach and be successful, this is what helped me a lot, front door has heavy security, go to the back, or from underground, The options are beautful in this game.

Started Peace Walker Sunday night and I plan on playing through it and GZ before staring MGS5. 

My buddy says I should just watch a video of the story up until Phantom Pains, but I refuse. It's so much more satisfying to play them back to back. 

Just got my hands on the guide had the game since Thursday. I'm ready to platinum this bad boy. Just one question is S rank needed to platinum the game ?...... I haven't open the guide yet.

Last edited:
Just got my hands on the guide had the game since Thursday. I'm ready to platinum this bad boy. Just one question is S rank needed to platinum the game ?...... I haven't open the guide yet.
Gotta Google the throphy list, I was looking at the ones I got last night, a lot were hidden.

If that is a requirement, good luck.

I only got one S so far, mostly A's and B's and one C so far.

Back
Top Bottom