Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

They are different games completely but idk where in the timeline they are
GZ takes place a bit after MGS: Peace Walker and serves as the prequel/prologue to MGS V, which takes place 9 years later (GZ and PP are technically 2 parts of the same game). You can kind of think about it how MGS3 had Operation Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater or How MGS 2 had The Tanker incident and The Big Shell Incident.

Last edited:
I might cop GZ even though they say its 2 hrs to complete.  I remember in MGS2 it took me about 2 hours to beat the tanker mission with solid the first play through.

Speed run dudes can do it in < 20 minutes.  I'm sure even though it takes GZ 2 hours to complete, it will probably take even longer.  Gotta explore everything, watch all cut scenes. 

Plus i need new games on this PS4

Visuals are damn good.

image_metal_gear_solid_v_ground_zeroes-23907-2849_0002.jpg

The experience feels like a demo. Reminds me of the MGS2 demo (the tanker chapter up to the first boss) that came with ZOE.

The only difference between this and a demo is that there are variations (the side ops) that offer new challenges, but in the same map. Plus hidden badges and stuff.

But in the end it feels like a demo that was pushed out to buy time, with added things to justify it.

I'm thrilled to be playing a new MGS. But this is what you should expect from it. Kojima and co. have been trying really hard to spin this as "not a demo" and "not a linear game, there are so many ways to complete the mission etc" but they're just twisting words.

I copped a ps3 just for mgs4 now I definitely have to cop a ps4 for GZ and phantom pain. Plus arkham Knight is looking :pimp: as well.

Back
Top Bottom