Mexican food help please!

Can any of you recommend me a good white cheese to use on some quesadillas? I want to start doing my own mexican food from home instead of eating out at king taco everynight.
laugh.gif

Also if anyone wants to post other good mexican recipes that you know or done that would be appreciated
smile.gif

Can any of you recommend me a good white cheese to use on some quesadillas? I want to start doing my own mexican food from home instead of eating out at king taco everynight.
laugh.gif

Also if anyone wants to post other good mexican recipes that you know or done that would be appreciated
smile.gif

why not just get some of that mexican white cheese? I think its called Quesillo?

Theres another crumbly mexican cheese that I really enjoy. I like to put in on some corn on the cob with lime juice and salt. I think its called Cotija?

Sorry I'm not better with the names. I usually just walk into the local mexican market and point and hand over money.

why not just get some of that mexican white cheese? I think its called Quesillo?

Theres another crumbly mexican cheese that I really enjoy. I like to put in on some corn on the cob with lime juice and salt. I think its called Cotija?

Sorry I'm not better with the names. I usually just walk into the local mexican market and point and hand over money.

There is Queso Fresco, but it doesnt melt very well. White cheddar is good, but its very oily/greasy when melted. American melts the best and is used the most (at least in San Antonio it is).

You could try the "Mexican" blends that come pre shredded, but the mixture of cheeses melt different ways.

My opinion is to get American, go to your local grocery store and go to the deli and ask for a pound of American and they will normally shred it for you. Thats the best way to go.

There is Queso Fresco, but it doesnt melt very well. White cheddar is good, but its very oily/greasy when melted. American melts the best and is used the most (at least in San Antonio it is).

You could try the "Mexican" blends that come pre shredded, but the mixture of cheeses melt different ways.

My opinion is to get American, go to your local grocery store and go to the deli and ask for a pound of American and they will normally shred it for you. Thats the best way to go.

Also, if you're at a King Taco, that means you're out here in the LA area.

That means there's about 1000 carnicerias around you. Hit up any one of em or one that one of your boys can recommend, go to the butcher and ask em for help.

Also, if you're at a King Taco, that means you're out here in the LA area.

That means there's about 1000 carnicerias around you. Hit up any one of em or one that one of your boys can recommend, go to the butcher and ask em for help.

queso guahakello is
pimp.gif
, i know thats not how you spell it.

I LOVE eating huevos a la mexicana and chorizo cut into small pieces with tortillas de harina with an horchata.
pimp.gif

queso guahakello is
pimp.gif
, i know thats not how you spell it.

I LOVE eating huevos a la mexicana and chorizo cut into small pieces with tortillas de harina with an horchata.
pimp.gif

normally i use monterey jack cheese with a flour tortilla and pieces if ham with a little bit of tapatio hot sauce.

i also use queso fresco sometimes but thats when a use a corn tortillas.

normally i use monterey jack cheese with a flour tortilla and pieces if ham with a little bit of tapatio hot sauce.

i also use queso fresco sometimes but thats when a use a corn tortillas.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Queso Oaxaca
or Asadero, those are the ones you use in Quesadillas...

Cotija es more of a 'on top of flautas' thing, it has like a salty taste...

Panela in the other hand...
pimp.gif

Queso Oaxaca

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Queso Oaxaca

pimp.gif
co-pinche-sign

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Queso Oaxaca

pimp.gif
co-pinche-sign

Back
Top Bottom