Miami Heats Salary..break it down for me

I'm very very confused on how they keep signing some of these players like Z and Mike Miller, and now Josh Howard?
I thought they had like 800k left after he big three. Ik they traded beasley but for that one trade is that how they are signing all these other guys?
This doesn't seem right to me.

Please someone break it down for me.

I'm very very confused on how they keep signing some of these players like Z and Mike Miller, and now Josh Howard?
I thought they had like 800k left after he big three. Ik they traded beasley but for that one trade is that how they are signing all these other guys?
This doesn't seem right to me.

Please someone break it down for me.

Very simple.

Miami dumped Beasley via trade to the Wolves. That opened up flexibility for 3 'max' contracts.

Pat Riley convinced Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to sign for LESS than the Max. This to open more flexibility, to add a couple more core pieces. When they all commited... He was then able to sign & trade for Lebron and Bosh for draft picks(Miami already had Dwyane Wade's 'bird rights').

Deals ended up looking like this...

6 years, 110 a piece for Lebron and Bosh.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

That left Miami with about 9 million left in cap space. Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller pretty much split the rest of that money in half..In essence, they too signed for less then they're market values.

Big Z and Juwan(you meant Juwan) Howard are signed to veteran minimum deals. Even when over the cap, you can sign as many of those as you want to fill out your roster.

Baically, Pat Riley = mafiaso. Got all these dudes on CLEARANCE!
eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

Very simple.

Miami dumped Beasley via trade to the Wolves. That opened up flexibility for 3 'max' contracts.

Pat Riley convinced Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to sign for LESS than the Max. This to open more flexibility, to add a couple more core pieces. When they all commited... He was then able to sign & trade for Lebron and Bosh for draft picks(Miami already had Dwyane Wade's 'bird rights').

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

That left Miami with about 9 million left in cap space. Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller pretty much split the rest of that money in half..In essence, they too signed for less then they're market values.

Big Z and Juwan(you meant Juwan) Howard are signed to veteran minimum deals. Even when over the cap, you can sign as many of those as you want to fill out your roster.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

Dade B0Y missed one....for Joel Anthony, they had his Bird rights, which is why they were able to exceed the cap to re-sign him to that 5 year, $18 million deal.

Dade B0Y missed one....for Joel Anthony, they had his Bird rights, which is why they were able to exceed the cap to re-sign him to that 5 year, $18 million deal.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

i don't think so... all these guys just want to tag along and play with the big 3 so they have a chance at winning a ring. has nothing to do with the management.

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

i don't think so... all these guys just want to tag along and play with the big 3 so they have a chance at winning a ring. has nothing to do with the management.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

I think so. He made it possible

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

this. the way riley moved contracts and draft picks to make this all possible, at what seemed like the last minute, definitely has him in the running for exec of the year.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Very simple.

6 years, 107 for D.Wade.

eek.gif
Executive of the decade.

this. the way riley moved contracts and draft picks to make this all possible, at what seemed like the last minute, definitely has him in the running for exec of the year.

The Bulls did the same things though. Only difference is Miami has Wade who is close to Bron and Bosh to draw em in.

The Bulls did the same things though. Only difference is Miami has Wade who is close to Bron and Bosh to draw em in.

Basically. I wish they kept Dorell Wright's bird rights and signed him long term. He would have been a nice fit as well.

Basically. I wish they kept Dorell Wright's bird rights and signed him long term. He would have been a nice fit as well.

Rileys a mastermind and genius for giving away players for pennies in return? 
laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif

You guys are funny. 
roll.gif

What the hell are you taking about?  
laugh.gif

No, Riley is a genius because he persuaded the top 3 most coveted unrestricted free agents, in the most unprecedented free agent class in NBA history to come to Miami.

And got them to come, for significantly less money at that.

He had an inside track of course with Dwyane Wade being the ace in the hole -- But he still had to go out there and sell the Miami Heat organization(from top to bottom), and the dream of the "Power of Three".  And both Lebron, and Chris Bosh ate it up.

Back
Top Bottom