Michael Jordan is not the best basketball player of all time! Yup i said it

Magic Johnson is the best ever, and no i'm not a Laker fan. Magic was more versatile. While Jordan was the better scorer, Magic was better at passing, rebounding, and a better leader.  Yeah u can argue that Jordan has more rings, but the 90's era was weaker than the 80's.  Feel free to debate on this one.

Jordan's passion put him over Magic. Not saying Magic didn't love the game but MJ's was different. But either way two completely diff players and it could be argued all day depending on what people look for in a player. I like the "killer instinct."

i agree just cause i cant stand jordan

starks2_mini.jpg

pimp.gif

Magic had seven finals appearances, and only 3 rings.
Jordan has six finals appearances, and six rings.
Both transcended the game at heir respective positions,
so we have to go by finals, and MJ is flawless in that category.
Gotta go with Jordan.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Gotta go with Jordan.
Ummm...get your facts straight, Magic has 5 rings my man not "3"! 

I support the O.P.'s thesis, whether I agree with it or not, it's an interesting debate...

I defer to what Magic said in this clip.  Not to mention he's said the same thing numerous times.

--I sense a lock coming...
--Magic is appreciated though. The first and last of his kind. A 6'9 PG? Wow.

ok lets look @ facts

Magic better rebounder, passer and can play all 5 postions
Magic played in a tougher era 80's. The Bulls wouldn't stand a chance against the 85-87 Lakers
Magic won during the most competitive era in NBA history, the 1980's. Jordan only started winning titles after the great players of the 80's retired and the league became watered down by expansion
Jordan did not make everyone around him better
Jordan was an overrated defender 96-98, and if u disagree i would gladly prove my point,  cause either u clearly didnt watch basketball or had any knowledge about basketball that year

Honestly Oscar Roberston is the best, gotta change the title now

Robertson was 2 inches shorter than Jordan, yet he did things Jordan can only dream of. During his college career, he so thoroughly dominated that he, unlike Jordan, is considered by every respectable source to be one of the five greatest college players in history. 
In his first season as a pro, he averaged 30.5 ppg, 9.7 rpg, and 9.7 apg.  (Jordan averaged 28.2, 6.5, and 5.9).  Over the course of his first five seasons Robertson AVERAGED a triple-double. Triple-double games were not recorded when Robertson played.Robertson led the league in assists 5 out of his first 6 years, and finished in the top 10 11 out of his 13 years

Summary 
[table][tr][td][/td][td]Oscar Robertson[/td][td]Michael Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]Years played[/td][td]14[/td][td]15[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times finished in the top 5 in scoring average[/td][td]9[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times finished in the top 10 in rebounds[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times finished in the top 10 in assists[/td][td]12[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times finished in the top 10 in free throw %[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times led the league in ppg[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times led the league in apg[/td][td]7[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Number of times led the league in ft%[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career Triple Doubles[/td][td]181[/td][td]30[/td][/tr][tr][td]Best season[/td][td]30.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 11.4 apg
 (1962)[/td][td]32.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 apg 
(1989)[/td][/tr][/table]

Troll thread #334355.
laugh.gif

Magic said it himself. MJ is heads and shoulders above anyone else. Imagine if MJ had the talent around him that Magic did...

Originally Posted by nitzski

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Gotta go with Jordan.
Ummm...get your facts straight, Magic has 5 rings my man not "3"! 

I support the O.P.'s thesis, whether I agree with it or not, it's an interesting debate...

kind of like the Kobe / Lebron debate huh??

these kids on here are so brainwashed though that if you say anybody is better than jordan they want you to kill yourself
laugh.gif

"Theres Michael Jordan.....and then theres the rest of us"
-Magic

and Magic > Bird...college and NBA level

Jordan has the edge, but not leaps and bound like dudes think.

6 rings to 5, and in 91 that laker team was hit hard by injuries.

MJ is great without a doubt, but his legend has grown to mythical proportions.

Back
Top Bottom