Michael Phelps: If he has a bad 2012 Olympics does that tarnish his legacy?

Phelps:   June 30, 1985 

Lochte: August 3, 1984

Uh...
?

I do think Phelps maybe isn't as focused as he was, could be due to arrogance or he's lost some of his drive.  It's clear that Lochte is dialed in but...

Phelps is one event in though, so chill.  If he fails to win or medal in more evens then it's a realistic debate.

I can't believe people would try and argue that if he has a "bad" olympics would tarnish his legacy. Just the fact that his standard is so unbelievably high is a testament to how great he is....if he wins 2 gold medals this time that's considered "bad" for him, like anyone else in the world would kill for that level of success. He's the greatest swimmer of all time, it kills me when people try and say dude is lazy or arrogant, if anybody kinda sounds like a prick its Lochte...but I can't deny it looks like he's gonna get his shine on this olympics. Phelps literally dominated in Beijing like other swimmers did phenomenally well but he was out of this world :smokin. Dude's place is firmly cemented in world Olympic history as one of the all time greats.

Phelps is trash. Garbage. dude didn't even finish 3. :smh:

Lochte is that dude right now.

Lochte > Phelp

I could care less what happened 4 years ago. That's the past.

I also think Phelps was taking performance enhancement drugs 4 years ago in 2008.

Look how garbage he is now.

Phelps is trash. Garbage. dude didn't even finish 3.
mean.gif

Lochte > Phelp
I also think Phelps was taking performance enhancement drugs 4 years ago in 2008.
you do realize he qualified for the same 8 events he swam in '08 olympics right..

he's fastest american in the 100 free

he's the fastest in the world in the 100 & 200 fly.. and either fastest or second fastest in the 200 IM and 200 free

he had one bad race (like mentioned above, finishing 4th in the olympics is a "BAD" race by the gold standard he has set).. a race he hasn't really been training for because he had no intention of swimming it until recently.. he has been working on his speed more which has helped him in the shorter events, but he just doesn't have the endurance he had in past olympics

-also you seem to forget what dude did in the '04 olympics.. or hell even the fact he made the olympics as a 15 year old in '00

just for everyone's information

on the 4 x 100 free relay.. phelps went 47.15 and lochte went 47.74

Lochte > Phelp

Cmon please stop trolling....
Lochte was out till 2am partying and cost the US the gold today....if it were Phelps he'd be getting blasted, but I guess Lochte is that dude right? >D

i've said the same thing about partying. these guys shouldn't be ffing around like that. they shoudl watch what they eat. get their therapy and rest. shame on them.

Lochte > Phelp

LOL.. troll much?

That dudes taken every drug test known to man 100 times over.

There was an article on Yahoo last week, or the week before, about Phelps' teammate calling him out for his work ethic in practice and his attitude. Of course, he was able to cover it with all the medals he had won in 2008 and people gave him the pass. If he performs poorly this year, then I think a lot of people will look at him differently and I bet more stuff about his personality will come out. But as for his legacy, just by the medals he has won over his career, it should be cemented. Reputation wise, he might take a hit, but it doesn't change what he has done.

Lochte > Phelp

sounding like u the type to say drake is better than biggie bc drake all over the radio and the past is the past.

any money u are in high school

NO...Unless he completely lays a DUD on his wheelhouse events (100 Fly/Free).

I rocks with Lochte, but dude **** the bed during the relays. "You KNOW you done F'ed up, Right?"
mean.gif

No matter what happens to him this year, he will FOREVER live off of 2008.  And he should. 

Back
Top Bottom