Michigan Republicans Pass Law Allowing Christians to Bully Gay Students. Vol. The hell is going on?!

I'll prolly catch a lot of heat for my opinions so I'll just keep them to myself.

So you're really going to make this about "Christians" being allowed to bully gay students, huh?  Feel free to re-read the bill, homie.  I guess you just felt like singling out a specific religion.    
SMH at ANY person of ANY religion who may hide behind this absurd law.    

30t6p3b.gif

From reading the bill it looks like they are just protecting somebody's right to state that they think homosexuality is wrong without that person getting in trouble for bullying. Obviously that can turn into a slippery slope or a bunch of gray area and he said/she said, but it's not outright allowing somebody to bully a gay student. Allowing a Christian student to peacefully and respectfully express their opinion that homosexuality is a sin is no different than allowing an atheist student to express their opinion that Christians are wrong for thinking God exists. Obviously if a student was constantly being harassed WBC style they should be punished for that, but you can't stifle people's beliefs either.

#TeamAtheist

EDIT: I just read the bill. My reply was based off the thread title. I was being sarcastic when I said 'Good ol Days' for you smartass clowns that mentioned my name or stonefaced me.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

From reading the bill it looks like they are just protecting somebody's right to state that they think homosexuality is wrong without that person getting in trouble for bullying. Obviously that can turn into a slippery slope or a bunch of gray area and he said/she said, but it's not outright allowing somebody to bully a gay student. Allowing a Christian student to peacefully and respectfully express their opinion that homosexuality is a sin is no different than allowing an atheist student to express their opinion that Christians are wrong for thinking God exists. Obviously if a student was constantly being harassed WBC style they should be punished for that, but you can't stifle people's beliefs either.
THIS.

To hell with everybody jumping to extreme and ignorant conclusions. Especially DMoney82.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

So you're really going to make this about "Christians" being allowed to bully gay students, huh?  Feel free to re-read the bill, homie.  I guess you just felt like singling out a specific religion.    
Look who pushed the bill through: Republicans

They can try to phrase it however they want but we know their agenda. It's a tired act. They continually use Christianity to further their own political agendas.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

This isn't about me being an atheist...this is about human rights at this point so lets get this straight... I'm not calling anyone out...but come on now...why aren't we doing something about this sort of stuff???
Sure....
eyes.gif

The law is appalling no matter what religion the people supporting this are,the answer to what the hell is going on is in the 2nd word of the title and
indifferent.gif
 @ DMoney

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ the title. 

OP trying to the wool over our eyes.

Here is section 8/clause 8 in its entirety:

" THIS SECTION DOES NOT ABRIDGE THE RIGHTS UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OR UNDER ARTICLE

I OF THE STATE CONSTITUTION OF 1963 OF A SCHOOL EMPLOYEE, SCHOOL  VOLUNTEER, PUPIL, OR A PUPIL'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN."

So basically, they're making a law protecting the 1st amendment in schools, and OP's devious bottom is trying to spin this as much as he can.

EDIT: I just read the bill. My reply was based off the thread title. I was being sarcastic when I said 'Good ol Days' for you smartass clowns that mentioned my name or stonefaced me.  !!+ Up

Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

THIS.

To hell with everybody jumping to extreme and ignorant conclusions. Especially DMoney82.
How was my reply extreme or ignorant?

Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

THIS.

Denigrating someone's choice of sexuality is not bullying?  Also the religious clause of the bill is very vague meaning you have the ability to tease and harrass a student and claim it is your sincere religious belief that they are a vile human being who is going to hell and not receive punishment under this vague clause..

Refer yourself to Tinker vs. Des Moines Independent Community School District

The Court held that in order for school officials to justify censoring speech, they "must be able to show that [their] action was caused by something more than a mere desire to avoid the discomfort and unpleasantness that always accompany an unpopular viewpoint," allowing schools to forbid conduct that would "materially and substantially interfere with the requirements of appropriate discipline in the operation of the school." The Court found that the actions of the Tinkers in wearing armbands did not cause disruption and held that their activity represented constitutionally protected symbolic speech.

Bullying through the lens of religion in a school is disruptive to the bullied party which would make it a valid reason for the school administration to infringe on a student's "first amendment rights"

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Look who pushed the bill through: Republicans

They can try to phrase it however they want but we know their agenda. It's a tired act. They continually use Christianity to further their own political agendas.
But..........you're assuming.  Sure, we can all sit here and generalize the GOP and we'd probably be almost dead on w/ our assertions.  But unless you can tell me for sure that they had Christianity in mind when crafting this bill, can you really say that this is for Christians to use?  
The bill doesn't specifically state any religion.  I can't see why one would feel the need to single out a specific religion, other than to get thread views b/c anything with "Christian" in the thread title will get more traffic in NT General.  This we know by now.  

Dude even started out with this isn't about me being an atheist.  LULZ.  Trolling for views at its finest.  

For the record, this bill is ridiculous.  Personally, I don't give a #!#+ what anyone else does, regardless of whether or not I agree with it.  If everyone else thought the same, I think the world would be a much better place.  

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ the title. 

OP trying to the wool over our eyes.

Here is section 8/clause 8 in its entirety:

" THIS SECTION DOES NOT ABRIDGE THE RIGHTS UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OR UNDER ARTICLE

I OF THE STATE CONSTITUTION OF 1963 OF A SCHOOL EMPLOYEE, SCHOOL  VOLUNTEER, PUPIL, OR A PUPIL'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN."

So basically, they're making a law protecting the 1st amendment in schools, and OP's devious bottom is trying to spin this as much as he can.

Read the next sentence...

THIS SECTION DOES NOT PROHIBIT A STATEMENT OF A SINCERELY HELD RELIGIOUS BELIEF
OR MORAL CONVICTION OF A SCHOOL EMPLOYEE, SCHOOL VOLUNTEER, PUPIL,
OR A PUPIL'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN.

Back
Top Bottom