michigan vs. cornell vs. cal

Go to Cornell, chop it out with rich Ivy League alums at school events and become best friends with a kid who probably has a regular house, a summer house, a winter house, and won't hesitate to take you along for ski trips or fishing charters. If you want to wear chinos and boat shoes regularly and have a sense of prestige the other schools won't give.

Go to Cal if you live in Cali because its going to be about $20k less a semester because you are in state, get an education of the same strength of cornell and enjoy the cali weather while being 40 minutes away from frisco. If you want to rock a hoody and jeans regularly while being in a school with better girls with a more laid back atmosphere.

Can't speak on michigan.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by il prescelto

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Have you visited Ithaca? Place is #+%+#%@ awful. I was gonna go there til I visited.

It's horrible
sick.gif

how so? I mean, I expect it to be small, have pretty much nothing to do, and have terrible weather. but the weather I don't especially mind, and as far as stuff to do, I'll be studying/working mostly, so not a big deal, although it is a drawback.
is there any other reason it's so awful? is it the people? the services? the food? the housing?

I thought cornell/Ithaca was an overrall depressing place. I actually don't mind cold weather, just something about it didn't sit well with me. You're right tho just do your work, make friends and you'll be ok.

We do have a fairly high suicide rate at Cornell. I know at first glance it seems depressing but it's really not that bad lol. I'll admit, the winters are pretty bad. It gets cold as ++*@. But during the spring/summer, the campus is *%+!%*+ BEAUTIFUL. Hands down, the best looking campus during those seasons. The good thing about Cornell being isolated is that you're pretty much put in a situation where you're forced to get to know the people around you, which IMO, is a good thing. I've met my closest friends at Cornell and we all joined the same fraternity together. BTW, greek like makes up around 30% of the student body..if I remember correctly. So the social scene here is pretty big and diverse. We're definitely the best party school out of all the Ivy Leagues, which isn't saying much but still...
laugh.gif

OP, do you think you might be interested in joining a frat?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Have you visited Ithaca? Place is #+%+#%@ awful. I was gonna go there til I visited.

It's horrible
sick.gif

how so? I mean, I expect it to be small, have pretty much nothing to do, and have terrible weather. but the weather I don't especially mind, and as far as stuff to do, I'll be studying/working mostly, so not a big deal, although it is a drawback.
is there any other reason it's so awful? is it the people? the services? the food? the housing?

I thought cornell/Ithaca was an overrall depressing place. I actually don't mind cold weather, just something about it didn't sit well with me. You're right tho just do your work, make friends and you'll be ok.

We do have a fairly high suicide rate at Cornell. I know at first glance it seems depressing but it's really not that bad lol. I'll admit, the winters are pretty bad. It gets cold as ++*@. But during the spring/summer, the campus is *%+!%*+ BEAUTIFUL. Hands down, the best looking campus during those seasons. The good thing about Cornell being isolated is that you're pretty much put in a situation where you're forced to get to know the people around you, which IMO, is a good thing. I've met my closest friends at Cornell and we all joined the same fraternity together. BTW, greek like makes up around 30% of the student body..if I remember correctly. So the social scene here is pretty big and diverse. We're definitely the best party school out of all the Ivy Leagues, which isn't saying much but still...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

laugh.gif

Cornell is the only ivy I got into for undergrad and I kinda regret not going
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. Yea basically if you're a social outgoing, well adjusted student, without any emotional issues you should be fine. I actually don't mind cold, I visited like 8 years ago if I could do it all over again I'd go to Cornell.
ohwell.gif

Harvard students party hard on the low but yea I heard Cornell has a huge frat presence. First time I went to a Harvard party (crashed it) I was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. I was expecting a bunch of people sitting around drinking red wine and eating cheese in ties and blazers.

laugh.gif

Cornell is the only ivy I got into for undergrad and I kinda regret not going
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. Yea basically if you're a social outgoing, well adjusted student, without any emotional issues you should be fine. I actually don't mind cold, I visited like 8 years ago if I could do it all over again I'd go to Cornell.
ohwell.gif

Harvard students party hard on the low but yea I heard Cornell has a huge frat presence. First time I went to a Harvard party (crashed it) I was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. I was expecting a bunch of people sitting around drinking red wine and eating cheese in ties and blazers.

laugh.gif

idk, im considering it, i def. don't want it to detract from me doing well. If i go, I'll have one year to decide how hard the workload is, and then join or not join accordingly.
btw anton which school do you attend, if you dont mind me asking?

laugh.gif

idk, im considering it, i def. don't want it to detract from me doing well. If i go, I'll have one year to decide how hard the workload is, and then join or not join accordingly.

laugh.gif

Cornell is really really depressing... and def. somewhat shunned as an Ivy.
I'd say go Cal or Mich. 

p.s. should've applied to Duke

laugh.gif

Cornell is really really depressing... and def. somewhat shunned as an Ivy.
I'd say go Cal or Mich. 

p.s. should've applied to Duke

Ann Arbor is my home, so I have some Bias......but to be 100% real, those winters will make you wish you went elsewhere, other than that you cant lose going Blue! The Alumni network is one of the best!

Ann Arbor is my home, so I have some Bias......but to be 100% real, those winters will make you wish you went elsewhere, other than that you cant lose going Blue! The Alumni network is one of the best!

Back
Top Bottom