Midsole swap?

uno

Don't know where else this would belong since it's a Jordan related question..
I have a pair of 2001 Space Jams and the shoes began to separate at the mid sole, eventually I detached the mid soles of both shoes leaving me with this

My question is would the mid sole from a pair of ie lows argon colorway (the ones from 2007) be a perfect fit?

I wouldnt know but i would try the OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST, thread. Maybe some tough glue product would do the job.

I already have barge cement for the glue process, but I just wanted to make sure the mid sole from a pair of ie's would be a solid match

Originally Posted by jeppprox

I already have barge cement for the glue process, but I just wanted to make sure the mid sole from a pair of ie's would be a solid match

I dont want to give you the wrong answer. youre best bet is to post that pic in the offical sneaker care maintenance thread. Or you can youtbe or google youre problem and hopefully find a solution.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Originally Posted by jeppprox

I dont want to give you the wrong answer. youre best bet is to post that pic in the offical sneaker care maintenance thread. Or you can youtbe or google youre problem and hopefully find a solution.

Damn bra !!! I saw some sites that specifically fix soles. Go on YouTube and punch in sole swap. You will see some vids pop up that show what it looks like before and after. I guess you could contact them and find out !!!! I feel for you my man !!!!

Yeah I've seen a couple of those videos on YouTube already. Got a pair of ie's on the way, hope this works lol

XI soles don't crumble/crack...you could glue the upper to the sole just like that if I'm not mistaken. You shouldn't need to buy a donor for XIs...

I'm not really sure why you want to do a swap. Thats a lot of work really. You're going to have to remove the sole on the donor which is a pain. I'm guessing its because you wanted icey sole, but at that point, i would have taken advantage of the fact that the sole is separated and sea glowed what you have, then reglued the original.

Or you think that the sole will crumble, which it wont.

Otherwise, i don't know why you'd want to do it.

But to answer your question, i do believe its a good fit. I'm pretty sure someone did it years ago. This was before sea glow really took off. But he was left with a jumpman that is the wrong color and wrong CF.

Yeah I figured its going to be a lot of work, but as of now I'm looking at it as my project.

I've never tried my hand at seaglowing the soles but that pic up there does not show the true color, they are extremely yellow. Unless you guys still think there is hope for dark yellowed soles lightening up I'd consider the sea glow route

the sole swap should work. this seems like a MAJOR project lol. please post the pics when you finish, good luck homie!

COPPER FOAMPOSITES SIZE 10.5 WORN ONCE FOR SALE! $290 SHIPPED FEDEX OVERNIGHT! PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Did it work because im doing the same thing now and i wanted to know how it came out and how was the fit?

Back
Top Bottom