Mike Holmgren agrees to become Cleveland Browns President

The Cleveland Browns announced today that Mike Holmgren has agreed to become club President. The team also has announced that Mike Keenan will transition to the role of Chief Financial Officer.

"We are pleased to announce that Mike Holmgren has agreed to join the Cleveland Browns," said Owner Randy Lerner. "We will spend the rest of the week finalizing the details of the agreement and will make a formal announcement next week, at which time we will make him available to the media."
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=10303

RIP Mike's career.
tired.gif

I can understand the sympathy thing, but... Mangini actually sucks.

Catch this:

Lerner had offered Holmgren the option of holding "any and all" of the roles of president, general manager and coach, ESPN reported, citing Holmgren. The cable sports network also said Holmgren was offered $50 million over 10 year to take over a team that's 3-11 in its first season under coach Eric Mangini.
It wasn't announced whether Holmgren will retain Mangini, bring in a new coach or assume coaching duties in addition to running the team's football operations.
http://www.bloomberg.com/...079&sid=asE_o0a3b6aA

Well, damn!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Why Cleveland over Seattle

Seattle green jerseys > Cleveland Organization
You obviously don't know anything about the history of the Cleveland Browns' Organization...and sadly, I can't really blame you
tired.gif
(assuming you're young
nerd.gif
).

BTW, Holmgren already said he ain't coaching.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

You obviously don't know anything about the history of the Cleveland Browns' Organization...and sadly, I can't really blame you
tired.gif
(assuming you're young
nerd.gif
).

what you mean, these browns have only been around for 10 years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

tired.gif
(assuming you're young
nerd.gif
).

what you mean, these browns have only been around for 10 years
laugh.gif
yet nothing has changed in the past 20
smh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

A new era will begin, mark my words....ill be back to post more.
I think you're right. It's going to be interesting to see if Holmgren can turn things around.

Seattle wouldn't give him the full control, I doubt this will change much, but who knows.

Step in the right direction for Cleveland. Consider Mangini gone he's not a good football coach. For the guy that said Marty, is that who you really want?

I would think the Browns' dream candidate is Bill Cowher. That could make the division very interesting.

^Money talks.

Let's hope this is the first move in a series that gets this organization to decent status.

Pretty excited.......we have to hit on all these draft picks we have next year

Keep Mangina
sick.gif
unless we can get some proven coach such as: Cowher,Gruden, etc

1 bad decade of football is over, and I have a feeling a good one will begin, no joke

70's The Browns were horrid, and in the 80's we had some pretty solid teams, hopefully the same is to follow

absolutely i want marty in as head coach...hes my first choice

i dont see cowher coming in to coach the browns at all. Gruden...eh. Billick is also on the list of guys i would like to see. Keep Rob Ryan as DC.

Back
Top Bottom