Mike Posner

I think we need to have an appreciation thread for this man, his music is too dope. Me being a college student I can relate to alot of his music and to find out that he himself is a full time college student at Duke and doing the whole music thing is incredible.

If you havnt really checked him out see his mixtapes:
A Matter Of Time
One Foot Out The Door

Some of my personal favorties:
Speed Of Sound (Feat. Big Sean)
Cooler Than Me (Feat. Big Sean)
Losing My Mind
Still Not Over You
Smoke And Drive (Feat. Big Sean, Donnis and Jackie Chain)
Mirrors Edge (Feat. Bun B, GLC and XV)
Don't Trust Me (Feat. Kid Cudi)
I Don't Trust Myself
Bring Me Down (Feat. Big Sean and Freddie Gibbs)

This dude is UNbearable to listen to.only song I like from him is that smoke and drive. Other than that Mike is wack right now. Imma keep giving him a chance but ain't no way this dude deserves an anticipation thread yet...

That foot out the door mixtape was trash too.

FinesseSosa wrote:
This dude is UNbearable to listen to.only song I like from him is that smoke and drive. Other than that Mike is wack right now. Imma keep giving him a chance but ain't no way this dude deserves an anticipation thread yet...

Fixed.

doesnt go to duke anymore and hes  good on hooks...anything more is OD

ex: drug dealer girl = annoying, but Wale's drug dealer girl =
pimp.gif

Something about his voice irks me. There's a whiny sounding quality to it. I do dig a few of his tracks though.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

FinesseSosa wrote:

Fixed.

cmon my dude your music taste is good. You rock with Mike Posner? I cant STAND this dudes voice.

You'll come to find out Mike's niche in the game will be producing and songwriting. We've worked together a ton over the last year (both Duke alums as well) and he's a creative son of a #+*%! and knows how to make a track. Unfortunately his voice doesn't have long lasting appeal. In regards to his solo effort, it'll have the same impact as Asher's first album.

Seen dude perform at this Pepsi thing last week in SF. He was aight, nobody in the crowd was vibing to his %!@#, you can say two songs he played were pretty cool. IMO, he doesn't have that "yo, that %!@# is dope, I'ma go home and download his mixtape" factor, he got that "yea, it was coo (but I ain't finna check for his %!@#)" factor. :/

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

You'll come to find out Mike's niche in the game will be producing and songwriting. We've worked together a ton over the last year (both Duke alums as well) and he's a creative son of a #+*%! and knows how to make a track. Unfortunately his voice doesn't have long lasting appeal. In regards to his solo effort, it'll have the same impact as Asher's first album.
pimp.gif
yeah he can write his $%$ off and produce. He can def make major noise in that. I dont wish down on no man i just wish his voice was was a lil better.

I like Posner. I think his voice has a lot of polishing to be done (he only started singing two years ago; he's working with a vocal coach). And honestly, I saw him live like two weeks ago and I don't think his voice on the mixtapes and live sound the same, so that gives me the opinion that he's working on it ...

Ive been listening to him alot lately.
One of my favorite up and coming artists,

Going to see him live this summer.

My top 5 favs are

Speed of Sound
You dont have to leave
Halo
I dont trust myself
Still not over you

Back
Top Bottom