Mike Posner's debut album - "31 Minutes to Takeoff" - August 10th. Week one: 30,000.

Interested in hearing this. I'm sort of on and off with his music, but I like the general vibe.

P.S. as far as the no features thing, it seems there may be a Bruno Mars collabo:

ThatBrunoMars: Ps.. Did a great song with Mike Posner today for his album.. Shout out to mike it was a pleasure workin wit ya..

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by StockDead

I've heard about half the album already and I'm thoroughly convinced he should have kept the formula the same and went with features.

Mike is my dude but he can't carry an album all by himself. He needs a rap/hip-hop influence in his tracks in order to be successful.

really?  which songs did you hear?  i've heard the whole thing and it's ridiculously fire...there is 1 feature (with a 2nd MAJOR one being added last minute possibly), it's longer than 31 minutes, that's just a theme that fits into the album
this album is going to be a problem, will win Grammys, already has a platinum single off it, will have at least 2 or 3 more
I guarantee you haven't heard the whole thing when it's not even completely finished yet.  And your last sentence all but sealed it for me:  You on that water, fam
laugh.gif
  What platinum single are you tommbout?  What Grammy (did you just say Grammys, as in multiple?) is he winning?
it is finished and i have heard it...Cooler Than Me will be platinum in next 2 weeks...at 815,000 sold this week, #4 on itunes, #7 at Top 40 radio, #14 at rhythm radio and #8 on Billboard
what are you tommbout?

I've heard about half the album already and I'm thoroughly convinced he should have kept the formula the same and went with features.

Mike is my dude but he can't carry an album all by himself. He needs a rap/hip-hop influence in his tracks in order to be successful.

really?  which songs did you hear?  i've heard the whole thing and it's ridiculously fire...there is 1 feature (with a 2nd MAJOR one being added last minute possibly), it's longer than 31 minutes, that's just a theme that fits into the album
this album is going to be a problem, will win Grammys, already has a platinum single off it, will have at least 2 or 3 more
I guarantee you haven't heard the whole thing when it's not even completely finished yet.  And your last sentence all but sealed it for me:  You on that water, fam
laugh.gif
  What platinum single are you tommbout?  What Grammy (did you just say Grammys, as in multiple?) is he winning?
it is finished and i have heard it...Cooler Than Me will be platinum in next 2 weeks...at 815,000 sold this week, #4 on itunes, #7 at Top 40 radio, #14 at rhythm radio and #8 on Billboard
what are you tommbout?

really?  which songs did you hear? i've heard the whole thing and it's ridiculously fire...there is 1 feature (with a 2nd MAJOR one being added last minute possibly), it's longer than 31 minutes, that's just a theme that fits into the album
I guarantee you haven't heard the whole thing when it's not even completely finished yet. And your last sentence all but sealed it for me: You on that water, fam
laugh.gif
What platinum single are you tommbout? What Grammy (did you just say Grammys, as in multiple?) is he winning?
what are you tommbout?
What's the 31 minute theme then? He said it himself in the interview below that the reason he [previously] named the album 35 Minutes to Takeoff was because it was 35 minutes long.

really?  which songs did you hear? i've heard the whole thing and it's ridiculously fire...there is 1 feature (with a 2nd MAJOR one being added last minute possibly), it's longer than 31 minutes, that's just a theme that fits into the album
I guarantee you haven't heard the whole thing when it's not even completely finished yet. And your last sentence all but sealed it for me: You on that water, fam
laugh.gif
What platinum single are you tommbout? What Grammy (did you just say Grammys, as in multiple?) is he winning?
what are you tommbout?
What's the 31 minute theme then? He said it himself in the interview below that the reason he [previously] named the album 35 Minutes to Takeoff was because it was 35 minutes long.

you think his label will let him roll with only a 31 minute DEBUT album? and to have no features on it?

you think his label will let him roll with only a 31 minute DEBUT album? and to have no features on it?

30 minutes is practically fine with me just a commercial zip, or something good enough for airway heard him hit like play-lists on hot 97 rerun and rerun, does he even have scott storch in it or is that another new dude? not to get off subject. album covers nice. his own face on it.

30 minutes is practically fine with me just a commercial zip, or something good enough for airway heard him hit like play-lists on hot 97 rerun and rerun, does he even have scott storch in it or is that another new dude? not to get off subject. album covers nice. his own face on it.

Tracklist:

1. 31 Minutes to Takeoff (Intro)
2. Please Don't Go
3. Bow Chicka
4. Cooler Than Me (Single Mix)
5. Déjà Vu
6. Do U Wanna?
7. Cheated On U
8. Gone In September
9. Save Your Goodbyes
10. Synthesizer
11. Delta 1406
12. Falling

Tracklist:

1. 31 Minutes to Takeoff (Intro)
2. Please Don't Go
3. Bow Chicka
4. Cooler Than Me (Single Mix)
5. Déjà Vu
6. Do U Wanna?
7. Cheated On U
8. Gone In September
9. Save Your Goodbyes
10. Synthesizer
11. Delta 1406
12. Falling

Posner himself has said that it's titled as such because 31 minutes into the album, it takes a "surprising turn". So it's obviously longer than that. He's wanting people to listen front to back, but in this digital age where people can buy songs separately (or just d/l the leak for that matter), they rarely take the time out to do that.

Posner himself has said that it's titled as such because 31 minutes into the album, it takes a "surprising turn". So it's obviously longer than that. He's wanting people to listen front to back, but in this digital age where people can buy songs separately (or just d/l the leak for that matter), they rarely take the time out to do that.

After hearing Posner's first mixtape, I really thought he was about to take over the game. I've probably listened to that tape more than any other... but a HUGE part of it was Big Sean. His second tape wasn't as good, IMO... he needs a complimentary voice like Sean, otherwise his stuff is just too fluffy and light.
I met Mike in November and I remember being really surprised when he said there weren't any features. I saw him live that night, and he was up there by himself, doing songs like Who Knows, Smoke and Drive, etc... they all lasted about 2 minutes because he left out the rap parts. Weak... he could have made an insane album if he did a collab with Big Sean, both of them would have benefitted from something like that.

My fear is that Mike's album becomes too bubblegum pop mainstream for me to handle. I already hear his big mixtape songs blasting from frat porches, and I already see "Cooler than me" lyrics on girls facebook statuses. I know this is unrealistic to expect, but I really sort of hope Mike stays "underground" and goes back to making dirty rap like Smoke and Drive.

After hearing Posner's first mixtape, I really thought he was about to take over the game. I've probably listened to that tape more than any other... but a HUGE part of it was Big Sean. His second tape wasn't as good, IMO... he needs a complimentary voice like Sean, otherwise his stuff is just too fluffy and light.
I met Mike in November and I remember being really surprised when he said there weren't any features. I saw him live that night, and he was up there by himself, doing songs like Who Knows, Smoke and Drive, etc... they all lasted about 2 minutes because he left out the rap parts. Weak... he could have made an insane album if he did a collab with Big Sean, both of them would have benefitted from something like that.

My fear is that Mike's album becomes too bubblegum pop mainstream for me to handle. I already hear his big mixtape songs blasting from frat porches, and I already see "Cooler than me" lyrics on girls facebook statuses. I know this is unrealistic to expect, but I really sort of hope Mike stays "underground" and goes back to making dirty rap like Smoke and Drive.

Back
Top Bottom