Mike Stanton at age 21>>>>>>>your favorite baseball player

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Originally Posted by rashi

Mike Stanton > Any receiver on the Dolphins too

sign him up then. hasnt been a good 2 sport player in a while.

he should focus on being a good 1 sport player first
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

I thought Hanley was going on and on last week about he wanted to be "Mr. Marlin" and have his jersey retired and go into the HOF as a Marlin?

laugh.gif
he was saying Conine is going to be the next Mr. Marlin.
I'm pretty sure he was taking shots at Conine for calling his gameplaying out and said Conines remarks motivated him to want to stay in FLA and become the new Mr.Marlin

Stanton doesn't need to hit for average of strike out less to make a significant impact. With his power and defense, .270, 45 HR's is all he needs to put up. That's the kind of player he'll be.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
black folks kill me. Make everything about race.

Mike Stanton is a beast.

Spoiler [+]
Clayton Kershaw at 23>>> your favorite pitcher

And you come in crying every time *muerto*

Originally Posted by djaman

Stanton doesn't need to hit for average of strike out less to make a significant impact. With his power and defense, .270, 45 HR's is all he needs to put up. That's the kind of player he'll be.

Then you run the risk of him becoming the next Mark Reynolds or what Adam Dunn is now.  He needs to learn a little more plate discipline.

^ Definitely agree with you about the plate discipline and possibly getting that BA up in the future.
As for the Justin Upton comment, no way. Not at this point in Stanton's career and maybe never. When it's all said and done I firmly believe Upton will have a career comparable to Matt Kemp's. 

Is the Matt Kemp comparison good or bad, I can't tell
laugh.gif

I agree if it's good, I think they're both potential 30/30 40/40 guys with tremendous power and end up having great careers. Although, I'll give Upton the edge in the field. Kemp needs a corner spot badly.

laugh.gif
 Definitely good, Pro. Upton and Kemp are two of my favorite young players in the league along with Ellsbury.
A quick note on Justin, he's truly giving Arizona an outside chance at the division with the help of Kelly Johnson and Chris Young. Kirk Gibson has that club headed in the right direction. 

I would really like to see Kemp get out of LA. He's versatile enough to hit 1 through 5 but unfortunately has no type of protection in that Dodgers lineup. Kemp's making $7 million this year, how many years left on his contract? 

I've given up on James Loney by the way. Thoughts on Andre Ethier? 

I think Kemp has one more year after this but someone like Ironman or 562 can confirm that. Ethier is FA after this year, all I hear is about how good friends he and Pedroia are and I can see him replacing Drew. I like him but he's really streaky.

I think Miguel Montero is big in AZ too and the fact that Saunders, IPK and Hudson are pitching so well in that hitters park is more amazing.

I'm surprised at how well the Hernandez/Putz combination has been at closing out ball games for the D-Backs. I know they'll probably fade down the stretch to SF but Arizona has still been fun to watch personally. Giants have too many good arms with the return of Sanchez and offensive addition of Beltran. All this without Buster Posey. 
I would be extremely reluctant to give Ethier a big contract but chances are Boston will do exactly that. 

By the way, B.J. Upton has always had the potential (minus some of the power) to be as good as his brother and Kemp, but it's rather likely his window of opportunity is nearly closed.  

Originally Posted by djaman

LOL @ "all he needs to put up" like it's that easy...

Not the biggest baseball fan, but I am a Marlins fan and where I work I see the new stadium every time I go in. With that useless info being said, I think this guy's power is top 10 probably top 5 in the league no questions. He definitely needs experience because I think the .270 part is no guarantee yet and that's what he needs to prove to be considered one of the best players in baseball. He already is extremely intimidating I would say.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I think Kemp has one more year after this but someone like Ironman or 562 can confirm that. Ethier is FA after this year, all I hear is about how good friends he and Pedroia are and I can see him replacing Drew. I like him but he's really streaky.

I think Miguel Montero is big in AZ too and the fact that Saunders, IPK and Hudson are pitching so well in that hitters park is more amazing.
They are both FA's at the end of 2012.

Frankly, if the ownership situation stays the way it is, I don't see Ethier staying.  I honestly see him getting dealt this off season.  I wouldn't say he is streaky, but his mood dictates the way he plays.  High intensity, high emotion and right now he is not happy...who would be?  Depending on where he gets dealt, I see Ethier in a Boston Red Sox uniform, 'cause his BFF is Pedroia and I'm sure he's whispering in his ear about how the Red Sox organization cares about two things: 1. Beating the Yankees 2. Winning.

Kemp is a different story, he rolls with the punches, and he's Hollywood.  Only see him in LA or NY to be honest, that's just him.  He rolls with the punches, and doesn't let much get to him, except for personal stuff.  I don't think Rihanna drama held him down last year, he was just doing what every 24-26 year old would do in a big city (Same w/ Russ), he partied too damn hard.  He toned it down a bit and the results have been what everyone was predicting him to become.  Imagine the damage he would do in a good lineup,
30t6p3b.gif

Ethier would kill that short porch in Fenway.

Sadly, both of them love LA, but with the organization being the way it is I could see both of them walking (Unless new ownership/MLB takes over).

Back
Top Bottom