Mike Vick sentence to be cut to 12 months ?

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

Mhm...Commonwealth of Virginia doesnt play around, its a shame that this boy (a real man would serve his time) doesnt just take his punishment and deal with it. He isnt going to be back in the league, and he sure as hell isnt going to perform at a high level when he gets back.
Some of the stuff jokers say on here never seace to amaze me ...your the same MAN! that smacks his significant other around and when the cops come COP a plea(no pun intended) instead of taking yoru punishment like a real MAN!
grin.gif

eek.gif
@ that rebuttal.
smh.gif
if true.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by WestRoxbury011

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

after mv7 serves his time people will be willing to forgive him and multiple owners will be jocking to acquire his abilities. believe it. take a look around at the sorry selection of starting quarterbacks in the league. vick is better than half and nearly 3/4 of them. if all goes well, and he indeed is released in 09 he will still have the most powerful arm in the league and will maintain his speed and athleticism by working out nonstop daily.

people who think he will never play another down are fooling themselves. vick is one of the most electrifying players the league has ever seen, he will be back.
This man speaks the truth. Vick > Every Qb in the league with the exception of: Brady, Manning, Favre, Garrard, Romo(
eyes.gif
), Young and Hasselback (Xaverian High School). Although he is extrememly unnacurate, this man creates opportunities for his team.

I might have to get on that Mass Pike to slap you up in Roxbury.....so you are saying that Michael Vick is a top 10 QB in the league? You'd take him over McNabb, Bulger, Palmer, Rothlisberger, Rivers, Brees, Warner, Anderson, Cutler, even Eli? I'll even quote John Abraham....a "fellow" Falcon...
"I don't want this taken the wrong way," he says, "but we were 7-9 with Mike last year."

and who needs to be accurate from the QB position...I think that attribute is EXTREMELY overrated....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014077

I will say this on Mike Vick's behalf. He may not have been the best QB in the league, but he put people in the seats. I have seen him play live a couple times over the year, and what he could do with his feet was something that I had never seen before from the QB position. That being said, the NFL has moved on. They have other stars, and obviously they don't need Mike Vick. He is bad press, and as I said before, a PR nightmare for any GM who considers signing him.

West Roxbury, two completely different places. And about the Qb's...it goes without saying i would take Vick over those bums u justnamed. MAAAAYBE Drew Brees, but Jay Cutler? No. Eli Manning? No. MAAAYBE Palmer, Warner is done, Mcnabb is done, Phillip Rivers is NOT better than Vick, andneither is Anderson(
eyes.gif
cant even believe u mentioned him), Mark Bulger isa nobody and Big Ben will never be as good as he was they year they won the Super Bowl. So yes, Vick > Everyone you just named.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Michael Vick, Winnipeg Blue Bomber

No. If there is a god, It wont happen. He will be a roughrider... for a game and then go back to the NFL
smile.gif

No way, I see the B.C. Lions offering him a cool $400,000
pimp.gif
... ifJarius Jackson bombs next year

I think he could still be good.

He was not a bad QB. Won in the playoffs and created opportunities.

Yea so he could not throw that well? He made up for it with his running plays. He had over 1,000 yards as a QB. I think that if he comes back in shape andready to play. Granted Goodell lets him back in.

I think that he could still be of good use.

Vick > 49ers,Lions,Vikings,Miami,Buffalo quarterbacks. ( I am sure there are more)

Man you guys talking about he wont be back in the league again?!?!? You must have forgotten that owners want to make money let alone the teams who would justtake the chance on him. He puts fans in the seats. If he could overcome this after being out of the league for over a year it would be all over Sportscenter.

Yeah maybe his skill level wont be close again, but you cant argue that he wont play again. Not even to mention he still has plenty of years left.

Excitement-->fans , fans-->money

No team will sign him, and you are crazy if you think a team would try to.
First of all spending 2 years in Jail, is not going to do anything good for him.
Don't try to act like he is going to have the same speed, come back buff as hell from prison, etc.
The bad P.R. a team would get for signing him would be crazy.
Peta would be at all there games, even though they shouldn't be(if he did his time, leave him alone)
Fans will go crazy on the Roads.
You are tripping HARD if you think the Commish is going to let him back into the league.

^I feel what ur saying, but u really think the Commish really wont let him in? and that NO team will be interested and sing him?

anyways, good for Vick; i really could care less now. Respect=0

After reading through it all, it looks like he will be APPLYING. That doesnt mean anything, you can apply for it, sure, but that doesnt mean you are going toget it, especially seeing how the same people that put you in have to sign off on your application to get into this program.

Plus....those state charges have not gone away, dude is far from being in the clear.

I'm not going to sit here and hate on Vick.
What he(Vick) did was wrong, but he is doing his time, let him do whatever he wants(when he gets out).
Groups like PETA are full of a-holes.
You know damn well that if a team was to sign Vick, they would be out in front of stadiums, practice faculties EVERY DAMN DAY.
Just so they(Peta) could get some attention.
Like I said earlier, when Vick gets out, no way he he still has speed, and all the other stuff.
When Vick gets out, I think the commish will give him a ban anywhere from 1-2 years.

^Dude needs to work on getting some actual life skills while in jail, football is only going to be around so long, must suck being in a cell all day realizingthat really the only thing you are good at in life is running and throwing a ball.

^Dude needs to work on getting some actual life skills while in jail, football is only going to be around so long, must suck being in a cell all day realizing that really the only thing you are good at in life is running and throwing a ball.
hell is you sayin? u dont even know that man. silly!$@# comments like this trip me out. all you cats see is what the media portrays and all of asudden you KNOW these folks. u dont know nothing about his life. everybody has done wrong, it just so happens he was a big figure so he got hit harder. thats cool and he should have been smarter, but to try and attack his character and talk down on him is rediculous you dont even know that man.

Leonard Little actually murdered someone.
this is what baffles me on the daily. i definitely think what vick did was terrible, but sometimes its rediculous to think that people reactedlike this. it just so happens that white america is so infatuated with "man's best friend" and loves the dog. if this man massacred a herd of3 thousand sheep or fought 1million chickens to the death this would not even matter.

i definitely think he deserved punishment, but to completely take away something he has been doing and probably loves doing his entire life is crazy. i thinkmurdering a human should do that

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

^Dude needs to work on getting some actual life skills while in jail, football is only going to be around so long, must suck being in a cell all day realizing that really the only thing you are good at in life is running and throwing a ball.
hell is you sayin? u dont even know that man. silly!$@# comments like this trip me out. all you cats see is what the media portrays and all of a sudden you KNOW these folks. u dont know nothing about his life. everybody has done wrong, it just so happens he was a big figure so he got hit harder. thats cool and he should have been smarter, but to try and attack his character and talk down on him is rediculous you dont even know that man.

Leonard Little actually murdered someone.
this is what baffles me on the daily. i definitely think what vick did was terrible, but sometimes its rediculous to think that people reacted like this. it just so happens that white america is so infatuated with "man's best friend" and loves the dog. if this man massacred a herd of 3 thousand sheep or fought 1million chickens to the death this would not even matter.

i definitely think he deserved punishment, but to completely take away something he has been doing and probably loves doing his entire life is crazy. i think murdering a human should do that

eyes.gif
. This has nothing to do with white or black.

I'm not going to get into this debate because I know how SOME people are on NT...but I will say this,

Mike made a dumb mistake but that doesn't mean someone doesn't deserve a second chance.

I hope Mike redeems himself. He has to.

Which mistake are you talking about?? He has plenty of second chances and pissed them away.

Dont forget Roger will throw the book at him, he will be out at least another year after getting out of jail.

Back
Top Bottom