Military Reserves vs Grad/Professional School

Talking w/ my wife got me thinking about the next step in my life. My B.A. in History and my Cert in Paralegal Studies isn't going to get me anywhere. So I came to ask the serious bros of NT what factors y'all would weigh when considering the two?
I'm trying to get a stable job in the government, preferably federal but all the qualifications for the jobs that'd allow me to move somewhere decent and put food on my table require some expertise in something and or a M.A (or other post-bacc degree).

So would y'all rather go back to school, shell out more money for a degree to gain a better job or join the reserves and gain the expertise for the job?

you might as well join AND go to school..

Im a History BA to..been considering the officer route but I'm chasing 'the dream' instead...

since you have a wife and all that...sounds like y'all are ready to go...

I have thought about going into the Reserves too, but with all this Iran talk, I'm having second thoughts. 

Yeah, why not do both? Personally, I think the Reserves is just the cheap way out.

I'm assuming you're going the Officer route, correct?

Yea, most def going the officer route. I don't see why I shouldn't since I'm pre-qualified with my B.A. it does seem like the cheap way out but I'm looking at it in the sense that why pay for the education when I can get paid to get it and the exp. I didn't get many scholarships for undergrad tho I applied like crazy so my loans are crazy.

If they'll help fund my education ill have no problem going back, its just a funding issue. I don't want to paying back loans while my daughter is in college.

I talked to my wife about it and her fear is me gettin called full time and getting deployed and not coming home. Understandable, but I'm a man and men do manly thangs.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom