Millennial Money Thread: How to Make it in America on Certain Salaries

^says he passed some tests, objectives, pre-requisites and he works a lot of overtime.

Not everyone can live at home for free or get down payment help from parentals. I know I didn't/couldn't

I love the fact that they highlight a lineman, a job that doesn’t require a college degree. I get tired of hearing people my age (millennials) not even giving a glance at trade work because because it’s ingrained in their mind that they “have to go to college”. I work a blue collar job, live within my means, save a ton and have very high job satisfaction. I rarely meet a white collar worker who likes their job......except for the money (for some of them).

An average lineman makes a fourth of what he makes. None of this is real life lol. Dudes the Michael Jordan of lineman's and they're making it seem like every dude can do it?

$40k-$90k is the norm nation wide, but that wouldn't make for a good video.

230k probably including rental property income and his lawn side hustle business

230k probably including rental property income and his lawn side hustle business
There's a breakdown. $3100/ month is from that stuff. That still leaves his other gig at $198k range, which again is way above the norm. Unless OT is coming in at $60k-90k, none of it is within a regular lineman gig. I know some cops and firefighters who approach $30-50k in OT per year. This guy is upper percentile in everything he does apparently. Good for him. But not realistic.

Around my way, a journeyman lineman can start at $25/hr. So at some point, OT just has to be kicked in and he never sleeps?

There's a breakdown. $3100/ month is from that stuff. That still leaves his other gig at $198k range, which again is way above the norm. Unless OT is coming in at $60k-90k, none of it is within a regular lineman gig. I know some cops and firefighters who approach $30-50k in OT per year. This guy is upper percentile in everything he does apparently. Good for him. But not realistic.

Around my way, a journeyman lineman can start at $25/hr. So at some point, OT just has to be kicked in and he never sleeps?

yeah, it states he's making around $200k from his day job, $120k + $10k annual bonus + OT, which means he's working around ~15 OT hours a week. $120k breaksdown to about $60/hr. Google shows the average pay is $30/hr. Him being located in Chicago plus him doing the job for several of years (i'm thinking 3-6 years) probably easily gets him more than $30/hr. TBH I don't know how much i trust the pay ranges shown when you google search it.

Rule number one about making money, stay hush about it. IRS will want a piece of the action
Yup I don’t get why ppl make videos or posts detailing their hustle. Not only do you bring attention to yourself you also bring more competitors to whatever it is you’re doing

An average lineman makes a fourth of what he makes. None of this is real life lol. Dudes the Michael Jordan of lineman's and they're making it seem like every dude can do it?

Vid said his base pay for being a lineman is 120k....shed some light on this. What certs did he obtain to make so much at such a young age?

Yup I don’t get why ppl make videos or posts detailing their hustle. Not only do you bring attention to yourself you also bring more competitors to whatever it is you’re doing

He's got a lawn service...it's not like he's doing something that anyone else couldn't start up. That specific service is oversaturated in the suburbs. Plus, I'm guessing, once he acquires more rental properties, he'll sell off his lawn care company to someone else (or just have his brother buy him out.)

He's got a lawn service...it's not like he's doing something that anyone else couldn't start up. That specific service is oversaturated in the suburbs. Plus, I'm guessing, once he acquires more rental properties, he'll sell off his lawn care company to someone else (or just have his brother buy him out.)
Still, I’m the type where if you don’t need to know my business I ain’t telling you

even with lets say 80k a year, that OT kicks in and u a 6 figga N easy.

passive income via rental properties is da wave, alot of us Dominicans cop ish in DR and rent it out *pssst* tax free if u know what u doing *psst*

IRS already knows about his business, if u open a business in da United States u have to register to get a business license, which is like a social security number for tax purposes.

I might be hating, but this guy's profligacy irks me.

I’ve seen this dude around :lol:

he spends a lot of money and looks like he’s really balling when in reality yea he does well but not that well

just my opinion

compare da yuppie making 172k with a graduate degree to a dude who ain't go to college making 230K being a tradesman.

man i love this Country, u put your mind on something and ish wil happen.

I might be hating, but this guy's profligacy irks me.

extra sugar Mac Miller doing it, applaud this man.

OP this bout to be your most popular thread, i love seeing cats being successful in actual real life and not da "celeb life" way.

Owns a business... tax write off?!

doesn’t mention that but I know business owners can write off leases etc

Good point...

on a side note, there's a bunch of these vids on youtube...I'll post more up as I come across them.

though the guys video I quoted I thought he had an article out that he was making less but I also could be confused. Either way he's sucessful but crazy how he's making that much while being a co-owner with two other people but women's hair is expensive as **** especially in certain areas in the burbs.

Back
Top Bottom