Millennials on average are in 28k in Debt. VOL Credit Cards

Community college >>>>>>> trade schools

giphy.gif

get ur associate degree in field that teach vocational training (automotive tech for example)

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here because I'm a firm believer in speaking things into existence: As a Financial Advisor, it's my mission to teach financial literacy seminars in high schools across the country. I've been actively pursuing this for almost two years now. Unfortunately, the DOE has put excessive hurdles in front of me but I'm persistent and believe I'll make headway soon.
Used to teach at low performing schools right out of college. I tried to do mock interviews and inform them of trade school options during my mentoring hours. These bougie fools up there cancelled my mentorship hour to do a damn mock step show and tell the kids about college and fraternity sorority life. People are so nostalgic about the college experience to the point of insanity. Wanna sell them on the party life, what about the cost of going to school and what it really tAkes to make it out of there. And also the point is to be a stepping bstone to a career. Not a fn experience. I swear all these movies just want you to go 100k in debt endorsing red Solo cups and the bottom tier liquor industry.

I had actually come from the same school district so I did take it kinda personal.

Community college >>>>>>> trade schools

Most trade schools are shut down due to no funding after being exposed of not being accredited

Don’t let these people fool you while watching Maury you can save that 16K
and spend a fraction of it at a community college that employers will honor

The community colleges in TX far as I know have a mix of degree and trade programs. You can even get Continuing Ed. Hours if you don't want credit hours towards a degree. It's not a black and white either or type of thing.

And remember folks, most good jobs still require some type of occupational license.

Used to teach at low performing schools right out of college. I tried to do mock interviews and inform them of trade school options during my mentoring hours. These bougie fools up there cancelled my mentorship hour to do a damn mock step show and tell the kids about college and fraternity sorority life. People are so nostalgic about the college experience to the point of insanity. Wanna sell them on the party life, what about the cost of going to school and what it really tAkes to make it out of there. And also the point is to be a stepping bstone to a career. Not a fn experience. I swear all these movies just want you to go 100k in debt endorsing red Solo cups and the bottom tier liquor industry.

I had actually come from the same school district so I did take it kinda personal.

The community colleges in TX far as I know have a mix of degree and trade programs. You can even get Continuing Ed. Hours if you don't want credit hours towards a degree. It's not a black and white either or type of thing.

And remember folks, most good jobs still require some type of occupational license.

I’m specifically talking about schools like Devry
And ATI (which isn’t really a thing anymore )

I know In Dallas they have continuing education and that’s why I used that example

I went to a trade school for phlebotomy just to find out the people that went to community college made more than me just off of a $400 class

For the most part they hire white girls for those roles, and if not white girls its others that are a "cultural fit"

Trade schools/community college/living at home (if you can) can all help lower the potential to fall into crazy school debt.

What's not being talked about is the increase in relatively low barrier of entry type of jobs in tech. Contracting coordinator/sourcing/recruiting roles in tech companies pay out.

The lowest paid contracted coordinator is ~26/hr
The lowest paid contracted sourcer is ~32/hr
The lowest paid contracted recruiter is ~38/hr

These jobs require only a bachelors (in anything) with minimal work experience and depending on the company provide a fast track to full time (+equity, +healthcare). Look into Nelson Jobs/Adecco they are the largest partners with tech companies that hires contracted work.

I did my associate at a community college, took two years off just to focus on work to save up for my upcoming nursing bachelor program at a University. I sacrificed plenty but it’s all gonna work out once I graduate cuz I know I’ll have a good paying job for life.....

And I’ll be damn if I have to borrow money from the fedz. **** em they ain’t about to trap me in that loop

i don’t think 18-20 year olds should be allowed to have unsecured credit cards. Prepaid credit cards sure. We let them drown themseves in debt and go die for the country before we let them drink alcohol.

Kids should be learning basic coding in HS. It’s all about learning an employable skill in this market regardless of whether is at a uni, cc, trade school etc.
People shouldn’t have to become programmers to make a decent living. On top of that, the market is already becoming filled with people that took a single online class and think they should make six figures as a developer.

For the most part they hire white girls for those roles, and if not white girls its others that are a "cultural fit"

"Culture Fit" does not apply as much since your not working directly under said company. Contracted roles are meant to fill a job quick and if you can display a semblance of competence around managing tasks, executing at a high level, and managing stakeholders your in. Legit two 30-minute interviews and a background check is all it takes. I was 3/3 for folks my way to get a contract role all people of color.

I had two credit cards when i was 18-21 and the limits started at $300 and $500. How do kids these days get so much more? They must lie about their income on the application.

Last edited:
I'm looking at about 300k of debt by the time I finish pharmacy school. Straight terrified of playing around with my CC.....I'm bout to swipe for this Chick-Fil-A though in a min lol
*whistle* 300 wow, but pharmacists will make good money. Good luck.

People shouldn’t have to become programmers to make a decent living. On top of that, the market is already becoming filled with people that took a single online class and think they should make six figures as a developer.

I thought they gonna outsource programming, or automate it. They wanted alot of upper req. for C.S. candidates, CS/CE/EE degrees are tough as it is. Entry level was like $40K to $55K iirc.

if i could go back in time and be a plumber or something else that requires getting ur hands even dirtier than now i would've went in head first.
my uncle was a plumber and that paid for 3 kids in private school and tuition at usc for all of em. the 4th kid followed in his footsteps and owns a huge house and both his kids went to private school and are now in good colleges. plumbing ain't no joke.

I thought they gonna outsource programming, or automate it. They wanted alot of upper req. for C.S. candidates, CS/CE/EE degrees are tough as it is. Entry level was like $40K to $55K iirc.
They’ve been talking about outsourcing programming for the last 15 years. They’ve tried and the quality declines substantially. As for automating it, there’s no chance that happens any time soon. Entry level software engineering jobs in the Bay Area are paying six figures. $40k-$55k would be on the lower end in a low cost of living area.

You can still be a plumber... y’all act like once you hit a certain age you can’t switch. As long as it pays **** it...

Don’t bother with school. Just go down to the union hall and tell them to put you on as an inexperienced plumber. You’ll get a job for sure.

An underground utility company here is hiring anyone they can get. Pay is 30 something to start. Michels if anyone in mn wants a good union job.

You should get into operating ninja, pays better than driving but you need a cdl because you’ll probably have to pull a lowboy from time to time.

You can still be a plumber... y’all act like once you hit a certain age you can’t switch. As long as it pays **** it...

Don’t bother with school. Just go down to the union hall and tell them to put you on as an inexperienced plumber. You’ll get a job for sure.

An underground utility company here is hiring anyone they can get. Pay is 30 something to start. Michels if anyone in mn wants a good union job.

You should get into operating ninja, pays better than driving but you need a cdl because you’ll probably have to pull a lowboy from time to time.
Tell me more of this operating? :nerd:

Tell me more of this operating? :nerd:

Operating heavy equipment. You gotta find someone who will teach you.

I got on with this paving company driving a dump truck and hauling machines on lowboys and step decks but they got me running skid steers, pavers and rollers on the regular and sometimes I’m in the loader at our plant, I’ll be full time operator once I can go out on my own and read blueprints well and all that.

It pays way better man, you still gotta drive a truck to the job site but then after you’re running whatever machine you need that day.

Plus it’s a lot more challenging. Like I’m learning to cut grade now. Basically shaping the ground how you want... it’s a lot of damn math. :lol: never mind the machines.

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here because I'm a firm believer in speaking things into existence: As a Financial Advisor, it's my mission to teach financial literacy seminars in high schools across the country. I've been actively pursuing this for almost two years now. Unfortunately, the DOE has put excessive hurdles in front of me but I'm persistent and believe I'll make headway soon.

We are a consumer driven economy, teach financial literacy at an early age is bad for business.

Back
Top Bottom