MINI HOMES FOR LOW INCOME PEOPLE

I liked it until I saw all the homes grouped together on one plot of land :lol:

I guess it's cool for poor folk but I can imagine the appearance not being kept up.

This is a good idea but I think residents need to understand the lifestlye that they are entering. Most tiny houses are between 100-400 square feet, where as the avg home is 2600 square feet. As a result the residents have to use their community resources libraries, rec centers (most tiny houses do not have showers) and being outside most of the time. Not to mention the difficulty of raising a family although it is done in many instances. 

I also do not think charging rent is fair. Most tiny houses can be built for 7-15k. What should happen is low income resident learn how to build their own tiny house put it on wheels and move when ready. But there are zoning laws they would have to abide by.

I guess what I am saying is this would be a more viable option in a more rural setting imo.

Would be ideal for a single person, just need to mount a TV, have a laptop, hell, mount surround sound speakers you can hear them throughout the whole house...

I wonder what will be done about parking?

damn, I've always wanted to move to Oregon, Portland is #1 on my list to visit.

brb

jk

nobrb

This is a good idea but I think residents need to understand the lifestlye that they are entering. Most tiny houses are between 100-400 square feet, where as the avg home is 2600 square feet. As a result the residents have to use their community resources libraries, rec centers (most tiny houses do not have showers) and being outside most of the time. Not to mention the difficulty of raising a family although it is done in many instances. 

I also do not think charging rent is fair. Most tiny houses can be built for 7-15k. What should happen is low income resident learn how to build their own tiny house put it on wheels and move when ready. But there are zoning laws they would have to abide by.

I guess what I am saying is this would be a more viable option in a more rural setting imo.
yea or at least make them like studio/1 bedroom apt size..... those houses are about the size of an outhouse/tool shed

Back
Top Bottom