misconception vol. your not that competitive!

when people say that they are real competitive do they mean they don't like to lose ?
(no one likes to lose)

basically when I think of competitive I think if TIGER, MIKE, PHELPS, ETC..

or a regular guy who would come in first second and third if he could.

so basically what I'm asking is:
are people really that competitive when they say "i'm real competitive"
or they just don't like to lose

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They like a challenge? They like to compete? They don't go down easily?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This thread is mediocre.[/color]

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

ego...no one likes to admit that they truly suck. no pun

bingo. competitive people all have a hell of an ego. it's a threat to their identity and their ego begins to feel insecure if one loses.

nah, you gotta differentiate between competitive and super or over-competitive

being super competitive or over-competitive is the person with the big ego that can't accept losing, tries to exert their dominance in everything, has a"me vs. them" mentality almost all the time

being competitive means a person likes a challenge, usually doesn't enjoy doing things non-competitively compared to competitively

and then you have the types that are non-competitive, who feel like they don't have or want to prove themselves to anyone or themselves. sometimesit's because they don't like to push themselves to do more than the minimum
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by verynecessary

nah, you gotta differentiate between competitive and super or over-competitive

being super competitive or over-competitive is the person with the big ego that can't accept losing, tries to exert their dominance in everything, has a "me vs. them" mentality almost all the time

being competitive means a person likes a challenge, usually doesn't enjoy doing things non-competitively compared to competitively

and then you have the types that are non-competitive, who feel like they don't have or want to prove themselves to anyone or themselves. sometimes it's because they don't like to push themselves to do more than the minimum
ohwell.gif
And there u have it

/thread

Back
Top Bottom