Mitt Romney on hidden camera

**** Romney, the worst part is that I don't even think he believes what he is saying. Just telling the audience what he thinks they what to hear, as usual. He is a clown who definitely should not be President

Last edited:
**** Romney, the worst part is that I don't even think he believes what he is saying. Just telling the audience what he thinks they what to hear, as usual. He is a clown who definitely should not be President

Wait, Obama doesn't do that? Oh...

Every politician does that, Not just Romney.

Last edited:

I fully believe he was sincere with that thought

Nothing he said was surprising, alot of people look at the lower class of this country like that

Last edited:
I watched some of the other videos on this page.   I'll give Mitt Romney credit.  He's knows politics and the American public.

This is my favorite, and I think the most powerful quote from those videos,

"Well, I wrote a book that lays out my view for what has to happen in the country, and people who are fascinated by policy will read the book. We have a website that lays out white papers on a whole series of issues that I care about. I have to tell you, I don't think this will have a significant impact on my electability. I wish it did. I think our ads will have a much bigger impact. I think the debates will have a big impact....In a setting like this, a highly intellectual subject—discussion on a whole series of important topics typically doesn't win elections."

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Put simply...he doesn't believe the public cares about issues, or he doesn't believe that a truly intellectual attack on the president would work because it wouldn't resonate with votes.  Both of which I'd agree with.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]It's sad, because he's probably right...which is why we have straight character-slander ads and don't talk about any issues earnestly until you can get both candidates in a town hall and hash it out.[/font]

Last edited:
^^^ The republican base composes of a lot of poor/lower middle class white southerns that pay no taxes. So he has to know that what he is saying is false

I watched some of the other videos on this page.   I'll give Mitt Romney credit.  He's knows politics and the American public.

This is my favorite, and I think the most powerful quote from those videos,

"Well, I wrote a book that lays out my view for what has to happen in the country, and people who are fascinated by policy will read the book. We have a website that lays out white papers on a whole series of issues that I care about. I have to tell you, I don't think this will have a significant impact on my electability. I wish it did. I think our ads will have a much bigger impact. I think the debates will have a big impact....In a setting like this, a highly intellectual subject—discussion on a whole series of important topics typically doesn't win elections."

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Put simply...he doesn't believe the public cares about issues, or he doesn't believe that a truly intellectual attack on the president would work because it wouldn't resonate with votes.  Both of which I'd agree with.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]It's sad, because he's probably right...which is why we have straight character-slander ads and don't talk about any issues earnestly until you can get both candidates in a town hall and hash it out.[/font]
It's pretty true. Math turns most people off. We voted for Obama without any voting record whatsoever and hoped that his charisma would translate into leadership and negotiating ability.

We beg for clean, intellectual campaigns but continue voting for candidates that throw the most mud.

He'll be back tracking tomorrow morning. 

Thing is...he sounded like a consultant...and for that, I can't blame him. Hes a goddamn salesman.

Last edited:
All these politicians are the same, you can be innocent if you're in politics. You automatically have blood in your hands.

I consider myself Independent, lean towards the left, registered Democrat, and I will most likely vote for Obama (again).

However I see no problem with what Mitt Romney said. I'm sure the other 47% of voters are conservative so that leaves around 6% of Independent voters. That makes absolute sense. Whats the issue? I'm sure not all of the 47% of democratic voters are looking for government care but I sure bet most of them are.

I consider myself Independent, lean towards the left, registered Democrat, and I will most likely vote for Obama (again).
However I see no problem with what Mitt Romney said. I'm sure the other 47% of voters are conservative so that leaves around 6% of Independent voters. That makes absolute sense. Whats the issue? I'm sure not all of the 47% of democratic voters are looking for government care but I sure bet most of them are.
Government care (I'm assuming you meant health care is one thing)...but dude came out and said that 47% of America wants free food and housing.

That seems like a stretch.

Oh...also...how in the world are 47% of people not paying any taxes.  Is that only counting of-age individuals?  That seems insane.

^^^ The republican base composes of a lot of poor/lower middle class white southerns that pay no taxes. So he has to know that what he is saying is false

Read the book.

Watch the movie.

Government care (I'm assuming you meant health care is one thing)...but dude came out and said that 47% of America wants free food and housing.

Oh...also...how in the world are 47% of people not paying any taxes.  Is that only counting of-age individuals?  That seems insane.

Indeed, very true that he is generalizing that specific 47%, he's totally wrong about that, especially the taxes.

What he is right about is that the 47% will not be able to connect to Romney and that they will vote for Obama no matter what.

Everyone in the US pays taxes, you can't avoid it, but not everyone makes enough to have to pay INCOME TAXES, those are people below the the poverty line but they still pay sales taxes, gas taxes, utilities taxes, cell phone taxes, blah, blah, blah.

It's not about people looking for government hand outs.  It's about all those old heads out there that came up believing that if you find a good job, work hard, and save your money you'll be just fine.  These people thought of that as the American dream.  Now there living in the reality of being forced into early retirement, having their jobs outsourced, having their savings and 401k's being stolen from them be evil greedy business men, etc.  To where no matter how hard they worked there entire life they still don't have enough to support themselves.  So they have no one to depend on to help them out, but the government.  

Rich Republicans are trying to sell this bad bill of goods that all people needing government assistance are lazy bums that never tried in life.  When that is far from the truth.  The truth is that some of these people that depend on the government are the older generation that worked hard, and got d***ed in the end by right wing financial gluttonous.  That lied cheated and stole their way to wealth.

Romney ain't giving a damn about hearing personal stories on how some of these hard working people ended up depending on the government, because he's a greedy pig like the rest of these money wh***s pimped out by the almighty dollar

The hilarious thing in these videos isn't completely his stance, but his complete lack of detail as to any sort of plan he has. 
roll.gif

OP you forgot the other vids:

So basically he's calling single moms (head of household filing status) making about $37,500 with 2 kids (2 x Child tax credits) a bunch of free loading Americans because they don't pay any taxes. So if this single mother loses her job, she is not entitled to food stamps? Section 8 housing? Medicaid?

:smh: This Romney guy is something else!

Last edited:
It's not about people looking for government hand outs.  It's about all those old heads out there that came up believing that if you find a good job, work hard, and save your money you'll be just fine.  These people thought of that as the American dream.  Now there living in the reality of being forced into early retirement, having their jobs outsourced, having their savings and 401k's being stolen from them be evil greedy business men, etc.  To where no matter how hard they worked there entire life they still don't have enough to support themselves.  So they have no one to depend on to help them out, but the government.  

Rich Republicans are trying to sell this bad bill of goods that all people needing government assistance are lazy bums that never tried in life.  When that is far from the truth.  The truth is that some of these people that depend on the government are the older generation that worked hard, and got d***ed in the end by right wing financial gluttonous.  That lied cheated and stole their way to wealth.

Romney ain't giving a damn about hearing personal stories on how some of these hard working people ended up depending on the government, because he's a greedy pig like the rest of these money wh***s pimped out by the almighty dollar
Yea, you're right, some of those people on welfare worked hard and got screwed. However a lot of them didn't so I, myself wouldn't have any sympathy for them as well.

No matter how you slice it, many people below the poverty line and on welfare are looking for government handouts - some aren't.

I agree that the American Dream has definitely changed, you can't make as much money as you used to. Although I'm a believer in hard work and education. If you start off young and take school seriously and work hard you will be fine. You may not be a millionaire but for damn sure you won't be close to the poverty line.

Back
Top Bottom