MJ - Player vs Person

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

Well, he wasn't the best teammate. He knew how and when to pose as a great teammate when the cameras were on, but there's more than just a few stories of him being a #$$% in the lockerroom. He'd ride teammates to the point that they'd want to leave the team. He'd justify it with: "If I run them off, then I run them off.", meaning that he'd start !@@% needlessly. If they weren't pulling their weight, then it's understandable, but most of the time, he was doing it for kicks. He also fought Steve Kerr after failing to punk him and damn near got his @*@ whooped by Bill Cartwright when he tried him too. He's got his dirt as a person: He cheated on his wife, that's why he's divorced. I bet you the conversation with the kids, especially the sons, was tough. Then there's the shoes. We all know about the sweatshop thing and the concern about the declining quality and rising prices of his shoes. I like the shoes but I wouldn't get caught up in the worship & hype of any famous athlete or person. They've got failings just like everyone else.
get himmmm

Separate the man from the player. If you're a fan of MJ like I am, just be a fan for what he done on the court and the legacy he left. Because I heard thatMJ as a person is a REAL A*S HOLE! ESPECIALLY TO HIS FANS. If I were to see him to day, I wouldn't ask him for anything. He did enough for me just by beingone of the very few REAL role models that I looked up to when I was growing up.

Jordan was for the most part loved

This would be a better topic about Kobe, someone who is the first or second best player in the game depending on who you ask. Who is both loved and hated.Does that prevent people from buying his sneakers and from Nike marketing him.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Jordan was for the most part loved

This would be a better topic about Kobe, someone who is the first or second best player in the game depending on who you ask. Who is both loved and hated. Does that prevent people from buying his sneakers and from Nike marketing him.
I know that this off topic and a little unnecessary, but I'm sick of having this argument with people nearly everyday (especially during theplayoffs). Best player in the league is KOBE BRYANT. Until Lebron can prove otherwise, people need to shut the f*ck up about it. What's his excuse if theydon't win this year? Eevn if he can go to the finals and take it from Kobe, he still has a very long way to go before I can compare him to number 24.

Kobe isn't & likely will never be as loved as Jordan. Kobe cloned himself after MJ, but he didn't master the image cultivation portion. MJ got andstill gets a pass despite the dirt I mentioned earlier. LeBron patterns himself after Jordan too, but he doesn't get labelled as being a biter, unlikeKobe. LeBron passed the MJ image course, he can't do wrong in anybody's eyes, except maybe "crab dribble". Even before Coloradogate, Kobecaught hate from all sides since Day 1. He's the best player in the L and has been for the past few years. He likely won't get 6 rings like Jordan, buteven if he did or got more than MJ, he won't be embraced like Jordan or LeBron.

Originally Posted by bdub253

I buy shoes because I like them. You can make some Ted Bundy shoes, some Infrared Stalins or some White-Cement Hitlers. If they're hot I'm buying. I don't care about Jordan as a person, nor do I buy his shoes because of his accomplishments (didn't buy the Last shots because he pushed off). I'm not a hybebeast, I don't buy because others like them. I but because I want. You may in fact be a "consumer", I am a kick freak.

So you wont buy a sneaker because he pushed off, but you would buy a sneaker named after a man who was responsible for the genocide of 6 million people.....
idiot.jpg

Originally Posted by rudy

i heard hes pretty mean and stuff but dont care i only care about how the shoes look
yeah he is, i have been around him when he was at his sons high school basketball games, he doesnt give a care about ne one or nething

Kobe isn't & likely will never be as loved as Jordan. Kobe cloned himself after MJ, but he didn't master the image cultivation portion. MJ got and still gets a pass despite the dirt I mentioned earlier. LeBron patterns himself after Jordan too, but he doesn't get labelled as being a biter, unlike Kobe. LeBron passed the MJ image course, he can't do wrong in anybody's eyes, except maybe "crab dribble". Even before Coloradogate, Kobe caught hate from all sides since Day 1. He's the best player in the L and has been for the past few years. He likely won't get 6 rings like Jordan, but even if he did or got more than MJ, he won't be embraced like Jordan or LeBron.

i concur totally. Kobe is a MJ clone right down to how he tucks his warm up shirt into the pants, he used to stick his tongue out a lot but i noticed hestopped that. LBJ is on the same vibe but doesn't catch as much hate, i think because he still has his own style. nevertheless Kobe is the best right nowand LBJ can do no wrong in the eyes of most. Its interesting how MJs accomplishments on the court always overshadow his off court dirt, unlike other athletes. Either way MJ set the blueprint.

Originally Posted by joeman1515

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Ok he gambles, mess's with easy women, does alot of things inside we wish we all could do.

Meh really he's a retired athlete thats what they do
i wouldnt even say we wish we could do..we forget athletes are humans, there are good people and bad people, honestly mjs rumored habits make him a human flawed in his own ways just like anyone else. i hate when people call people like barry bonds, and alex rodriquez bad people for taking steroids or being hard to deal with in the media, they are just people flawed like anyone else. i wish people could cut these people a break once in a while. how many of your friends do you know that have stolen, cheated on a test, cheated on a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, gotten dui's, or done something else questionable. how many times have you done it? thats my little rant

ok true not all wouldn't do alot of the things he does anyway besides the women. He just a old man who was divorced by his wife and now just wants to partyit up with his millions. He's a asshat back in the day behind the locker room doors but alot of star athletes are

Originally Posted by bdub253

I buy shoes because I like them. You can make some
Ted Bundy shoes, some Infrared Stalins or some White-Cement Hitlers
. If they're hot I'm buying. I don't care about Jordan as a person, nor do I buy his shoes because of his accomplishments (didn't buy the Last shots because he pushed off). I'm not a hybebeast, I don't buy because others like them. I but because I want. You may in fact be a "consumer", I am a kick freak.

Originally Posted by geegee

Kobe isn't & likely will never be as loved as Jordan. Kobe cloned himself after MJ, but he didn't master the image cultivation portion. MJ got and still gets a pass despite the dirt I mentioned earlier. LeBron patterns himself after Jordan too, but he doesn't get labelled as being a biter, unlike Kobe. LeBron passed the MJ image course, he can't do wrong in anybody's eyes, except maybe "crab dribble". Even before Coloradogate, Kobe caught hate from all sides since Day 1. He's the best player in the L and has been for the past few years. He likely won't get 6 rings like Jordan, but even if he did or got more than MJ, he won't be embraced like Jordan or LeBron.

i concur totally. Kobe is a MJ clone right down to how he tucks his warm up shirt into the pants, he used to stick his tongue out a lot but i noticed he stopped that. LBJ is on the same vibe but doesn't catch as much hate, i think because he still has his own style. nevertheless Kobe is the best right now and LBJ can do no wrong in the eyes of most. Its interesting how MJs accomplishments on the court always overshadow his off court dirt, unlike other athletes. Either way MJ set the blueprint.
i totally agree with the Kobe portion, but i dont totally agree with the Lebron portion....... he has passed the MJ image test, but i dont thinkLebron totally patterned himself in after MJ even though he was his favorite player growing up. I think when he hit is junior year in high school he noticedthat he wasnt the same body type as jordan and had different skills, so he developed his own game. Nobody on the planet plays like him right now, i dont eventhink if anybody else was built like him could even play like him.

Back
Top Bottom