MLS Attendance Moves Past NBA, NHL Vol. I know it's early...

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

laugh.gif
@ this being posted after all those MLS teams have played like 2 games max. All fans go to opening day...

seattle, philly, toronto, and next year vancouver and portland season ticket holders beg to differ.

Seattle Sounders fans >>>> any other mls fans.

FC Dallas with those consecutive sell outs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Portland Timbers games are already busy for being a minor league team, they will probably sell out constantly next year when they join the MLS.

Toronto needs a Bigger Arena, BMO Field is too small and this has been brought up various times in the Media.

[table][tr][th=""]
Team
[/th][th=""]# of Home Games[/th][th=""]Avg. Attendance
[/th][th=""]% Change From '09
[/th][/tr][tr][td]Seattle Sounders FC
[/td][td]3
[/td][td]36,077.00
[/td][td]+20.50%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia Union
[/td][td]1[/td][td]34,870.00
[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]Toronto FC
[/td][td]1
[/td][td]21,978.00[/td][td]+6.39%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles Galaxy
[/td][td]3[/td][td]20,541.67
[/td][td]+6.18%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago Fire
[/td][td]1
[/td][td]20,276.00[/td][td]+74.30%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Real Salt Lake
[/td][td]1[/td][td]19,970.00
[/td][td]+69.15%[/td][/tr][tr][td].C. United
[/td][td]2
[/td][td]19,525.50
[/td][td]+37.07%[/td][/tr][tr][td]New York Red Bulls
[/td][td]2[/td][td]19,119.50
[/td][td]+82.35%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Houston Dynamo
[/td][td]3
[/td][td]16,499.67
[/td][td]+2.58%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chivas USA
[/td][td]2
[/td][td]15,625.00
[/td][td]+6.73%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Columbus Crew
[/td][td]1[/td][td]13,536.00
[/td][td]-7.83%[/td][/tr][tr][td]New England Revolution
[/td][td]1[/td][td]12,798.00
[/td][td]+13.12%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Colorado Rapids
[/td][td]2[/td][td]10,784.50
[/td][td]-10.37%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kansas City Wizards
[/td][td]2[/td][td]10,306.50
[/td][td]+19.10%[/td][/tr][tr][td]San Jose Earthquakes
[/td][td]2[/td][td]9,835.50[/td][td]+0.81%[/td][/tr][tr][td]FC Dallas
[/td][td]2[/td][td]9,286.00
[/td][td]-17.20%
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010
[/td][td]29 games
[/td][td]Average:
[/td][td]18,323.48
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009
[/td][td]28 games
[/td][td]Average:[/td][td]15,295.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Change[/td][td]+19.80%
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Toronto needs a Bigger Arena, BMO Field is too small and this has been brought up various times in the Media.

they finally got grass, so that's a step to that stadium.

Sad thing is, there are bigger high school football stadiums here in Texas than BMO.

FC Dallas on espn this week, 3rd consecutive sell out
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

That's great for the MLS, but uh...

...as far as soccer is concerned: Mid-Atlantic > Pacific Northwest.

We get it in
pimp.gif
I have lived in both areas and I would not quite agree with that statement. I don't know what it is out here with the NW but these people LOVE soccer. I mean LOVE it. My parents always used to tell me how the Timbers back in the 70's were outdrawing the Blazers. This NW rivalry next year is going to be nuts. Seattle and Portland fans do not get along at all. I think the addition of the NW teams will help drive the popularity of the MLS up adding in some true rivalries with history between Vancouver, Seattle and Portland. IDK about Vancouver but the Timbers are already planning on being sold out for the entire season. The stadium only will hold about 22,000 though.

I'm not sure soccer will ever be as popular here as it is in other countries. What makes soccer great is the passion and allegiance to a team. Teams are embedded in a families culture in other countries. In Spain you have Real Madrid (the monarchy and elite class team) vs Barcelona (the catalan city and refuge for civil war rebels). In othe countires you have teams that represent cement workers, electricians, city employees, and socialclubs . Its like what you get here in college sports x100. I love the LA Galaxy but with their constant turnover its hard to form a bond. They got rid of my favorite player the little fish and every other day we have new guys. I was born and raised in LA so I have an allegiance to the Lakers Dodgers Raiders and Galaxy but it is hard to just jump in and love teams if you dont have some sort of connection with them. Seattle and columbus have done the best job in forming bonds with their citites I think. Perhaps if our children grow up going to MLS games they will make MLS bigger but that will take some time.

Anyway If you country is playing in the World Cup it is like nothing else in sports. 11 men representing you and your country taking on the world. No better feeling gentlemen. 

they need to go ahead and disband with that single entity ownership structure. i think they're definitely ready for individual ownership.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

they need to go ahead and disband with that single entity ownership structure. i think they're definitely ready for individual ownership.

nahh, they have to take baby steps still. the half of the league with money, strong fan bases, and/or owners who actually give a damn are ready to disband it (galaxy, toronto, seattle, red bulls, etc), but the weaker teams (fc dallas, colorado, new england etc) won't survive a single entity structure. those teams are all tax write offs to their owners who don't really give a damn about soccer. 

true, hopefully the entirely league will be ready in the next five years or so.

miami didn't work for a plethora of reasons.

for one, miami is wayy too much of a bandwagon city. and didn't they play in broward?

hopefully the marlins get some love once the new stadium opens in little havana.

Back
Top Bottom