MMA/Muay Thai Fighters... any tips for my little brother & sister? (Video included)

oI posted a video about 2 months ago of my little brother getting a knockout win.I been trying to improve his footwork since then...

So here's another vid of his fight last month (no shirt). I think he did great, he's MUCH MORE improved now though, his footwork is incredible. I'm working on his angle shots and leg speed.

oI posted a video about 2 months ago of my little brother getting a knockout win.I been trying to improve his footwork since then...

So here's another vid of his fight last month (no shirt). I think he did great, he's MUCH MORE improved now though, his footwork is incredible. I'm working on his angle shots and leg speed.

NT is acting weird (it's not letting me post a second vid)

Anyway, here is my little sister (blue) Now she's just started, so she has a lot to learn! Though she is very rough/tough, but I will train and focus more on here footwork and selections.

NT is acting weird (it's not letting me post a second vid)

Anyway, here is my little sister (blue) Now she's just started, so she has a lot to learn! Though she is very rough/tough, but I will train and focus more on here footwork and selections.

pimp.gif
props to both your little brother and sister. they both looked like they were handling their opponents. how are old are these kids?

pimp.gif
props to both your little brother and sister. they both looked like they were handling their opponents. how are old are these kids?

first vid seems like theres way to many TKD kicks. straight kicks, which arent always bad just not as powerful, would like to see some good kicks to the leg/ribs to disntance his opponent, hes doing pretty well tho!

first vid seems like theres way to many TKD kicks. straight kicks, which arent always bad just not as powerful, would like to see some good kicks to the leg/ribs to disntance his opponent, hes doing pretty well tho!

Originally Posted by solelifik

Yeah, they were in Tae Kwon Do before switching over, so they're use to speed kicking. And it's 2 points if you get kicked in the head in Muay Thai.

And thanks for the help to everyone else! Definitely appreciate it!

Yeah, they were in Tae Kwon Do before switching over, so they're use to speed kicking. And it's 2 points if you get kicked in the head in Muay Thai.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

pimp.gif
Kid looks tough

Yeah, the spinning hook kicks def look like TKDs kicks. I would say they aren't that great for Muay Thai because they leave you blind for a second and they're hard to land. Spinning kicks are great when they're used only occasionally, and can be nasty when landed to the body if you hit the liver. It's also a lot easier to kick someone in the body than the head.

2v9x0l4.gif

I'm no expert... just my two cents
smile.gif

Oh yeah, the axe kicks looked pretty sweet

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

pimp.gif
Kid looks tough

Yeah, the spinning hook kicks def look like TKDs kicks. I would say they aren't that great for Muay Thai because they leave you blind for a second and they're hard to land. Spinning kicks are great when they're used only occasionally, and can be nasty when landed to the body if you hit the liver. It's also a lot easier to kick someone in the body than the head.

2v9x0l4.gif

I'm no expert... just my two cents
smile.gif

Oh yeah, the axe kicks looked pretty sweet

^ Thanks man. I'm working with him on the back kicks on a movement though. And working with my sister's 360 back fists more.

^ Thanks man. I'm working with him on the back kicks on a movement though. And working with my sister's 360 back fists more.

I don't have any advice... but 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I stumbled across this on the intrawebz and will just leave it here
m7x7ir.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif

I don't have any advice... but 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I stumbled across this on the intrawebz and will just leave it here