Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

that's her own fault, her contemporaries have said she's extremely difficult to work with.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 2.18.14 PM.png

none of these ppl had that problem tho?

maybe they werent blackballed in addition to being difficult?

giphy.gif

none of these ppl had that problem tho?

her own black contemporaries said she's difficult to work with.... I'm sure that's what you wanted to hear....
I mean let's be honest, she came at Oprah's neck... you think Oprah doesn't have friends in high places?

Not sure why people are comparing the talent between her and Schumer, if your a hip-hop fan then you should already be used to the notion of legends being disrespected by the new entities (shows and publications) and talented people getting overlooked in favor of dumb****. Politics as usual

she doesn't have the fanbase for a multi-million dollar standup special

and now that she has cried racism/sexism she is not going to be touched by any network....

who is checking for mo'nique in 2018?

Amy schumer has the average white woman demographic on lock...chappelle and rock are legends

why would she even compare herself to them?

Because honestly if we are talking about black female comics her name has to be mentioned as far as some of the notables. Because she's an academy award winner.

White ppl in corporate America do far less and make a ton. I have no problem with her feeling insulted with that lowball offer.

They tried to play her and she got upset. It is what it is. ****** wouldn't boycott the nfl like that so everyone knows damn well black ppl aren't unified enough for something like this. Half the ppl typing will go back to their jobs on monday morning where they are underpaid and be ok with it. Keep it 100.

Amy schumer has the average white woman demographic on lock...chappelle and rock are legends

why would she even compare herself to them?

delusions of grandeur, her ego went into overdrive after that Oscar nod and folks wasn't having it...

Just negotiate a contract that says guaranteed 500k and if she pulls Shumer's viewership numbers then she gets the difference paid to her.

Just negotiate a contract that says guaranteed 500k and if she pulls Shumer's viewership numbers then she gets the difference paid to her.
Na. Typically her white counterparts would not have to do that. Why should she be expected to have to do that given her resume..?

The elephant in the room is that this is a (sorta former) heavy set, brown or dark skinned black woman that "doesn't know her place."

The other elephant in the room is White supremacy and how it affects us all, black, white and other. It determines how we perceive situations, how we value or don't value ourselves, etc.

Daniels’ comments are unlikely to quell rumors of a rift, since he basically said, “Everybody thinks she’s a demanding, ungrateful troll, and I’m all like, ‘Hey now, that’s my BFF…but if you guysthink she’s a demanding, ungrateful troll, we don’t have to hang out with her.’” In fairness, back in 2010, Mo’Nique was excoriated in the press for her refusal to attend award-season parties and gladhand AMPAS voters, particularly because she reportedly asked to be paid for each appearance. (Hence Daniels’ reference to her “demands.”) She won anyway, but perceptions of her disrespect toward the Academy was exacerbated by the opening line of her acceptance speech: “I would like to thank the Academy for showing that it can be about the performance and not the politics.”

https://news.avclub.com/mo-nique-is-dead-to-hollywood-because-of-her-oscar-inso-1798276795

That diva stuff ppl keep posting doesn't move me. we aren't going to sit here and act like that doesn't apply to a large segment of that scene. Wouldn't be brought up if she were white IMO.

Ironically from playing on archaic stereotypes

oh now we complaining where da money coming from? keep da goal post right where its at. :lol:

maybe Monique needs to holla at her agents and tell them to let da word know da humble pie been served and she willing to do "playball" and stop being a diva.

i always liked the joke chris rock tells about when large women put heels on; the tops of their feet look like freshly baked loaves of bread

oh now we complaining where da money coming from? keep da goal post right where its at. :lol:

maybe Monique needs to holla at her agents and tell them to let da word know da humble pie been served and she willing to do "playball" and stop being a diva.
Yes. Now we are.

Like you don't identify with being black but you feel qualified to speak on issues black ppl deal with?

No shots but how can you not see that you're out of pocket?

These things matter to black people. Even the last sentence you wrote in this post I quoted is wild to me.

That diva stuff ppl keep posting doesn't move me. we aren't going to sit here and act like that doesn't apply to a large segment of that scene. Wouldn't be brought up if she were white IMO

you're injecting race where race isn't a problem...she got sassy and came at OPRAH'S neck...OPRAH....

white actors fall off all da time for being divas...word to ol girl from Transformers.

A black person should never have to or feel like they have to beg the white man for anything. Ever. Foh.

The elephant in the room is that this is a (sorta former) heavy set, brown or dark skinned black woman that "doesn't know her place."

The other elephant in the room is White supremacy and how it affects us all, black, white and other. It determines how we perceive situations, how we value or don't value ourselves, etc.
The Netflix execs are making business decisions. They wouldn't give Shumer that money if they felt they would be losing money in the end. Mo'Nique has no relevance currently. Dave and Chris are big-time names. Folks will watch just because. That's why they get the big payday.

Was her AA for comedy?

No shots but how can you not see that you're out of pocket?

you're purposely ignoring da fact she went at Oprah...da media equivalent of Beyonce.

Oprah bogarted ol girl's role in da Butler, strong armed it after Monique turned into a diva.

remember when Kerry Hilson threw shade at Beyonce what happened to her career?

some of ya naive AF when it comes to da politics. :lol:

Na I get the politics. **** the politics.

You're not saying anything that's going over my head bro.

What maybe you and some others aren't getting is that I couldn't give 5 ****s about the game or politics. The problem is so many of us beg and plead for acceptance and so called equality. So many others don't understand why some of us don't want to do that or don't feel the need to. I'm good on all of that.

Oprah is not God.

Still *****.

Monique is worth more than 500k and that's not comparing her to amy.

Back
Top Bottom