Mom of Drunk Driving Victim Sent Bill For Street Clean-Up

mentecriminal

Banned
This is Foul on so many levels
mom_drunk_driving_bill.jpg

GREENVILLE, SC –  A grieving mother told a South Carolina court she was slapped with several bills, including one to clean the street after her son was killed by a drunken driver last year.

Loretta Robinson spoke on June 19 of the emotional and financial toll her son Justin Walker's death had on her as the driver Anna Gonzales, who is an illegal immigrant, pleaded guilty in the case.

Robinson told the judge she has been unable to work due to the emotional impact of her son's death, and can't pay the bills she keeps receiving from the accident even though her son was not at fault, WYFF reports.

"I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said according to WYFF. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

Robinson said the $50 bill to clean the street stung the most.

"First of all, having to open the mail and look at the charge to the deceased, Justin Darryl Walker -- the deceased! It's just a hard thing to deal with in the context of your child," she said according to WYFF.

Robinson says she doesn't expect to get any money from Gonzales. The state's victim assistance fund has provided some money, but it primarily covers funeral, medical and counseling expenses.

Gonzales, an illegal immigrant who didn't have a South Carolina driver's license, was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Click for more from WYFF.
external-link.png

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...egal-immigrant/?test=latestnews#ixzz1z7pMfRCf

these kinda stories kinda make me not want to support illegal immigration. especially because now tax payers will be paying for him to be in jail

That's ridiculous.

Not even in immigration issue - but even if he had survived where does the city get the idea that it's right to send the victim the bill for anything? They should be billing the driver - and if they can't get the money (like I would assume in this case) then they don't have the right to go after anyone else they can think of.

Like she doesn't have anything else to worry about now?

Originally Posted by odog24

these kinda stories kinda make me not want to support illegal immigration. especially because now tax payers will be paying for him to be in jail
I think you skipped through the story, the drunk driver's name is Anna. So I think she's a woman. Also, this isn't an issue with immigration, more of a issue with her city/state passing on the clean up charge to her and not the driver. No matter what the driver's legal status is, they should be responsible, not the victim's family.

What does the driver's legal status have to do with this? Did the driver cause the death because she's an illegal or because she was drunk driving? I'm not familiar with SC law, so my other question is would the mother receive some compensation if the driver wasn't illegal?

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

What does the driver's legal status have to do with this? Did the driver cause the death because she's an illegal or because she was drunk driving? I'm not familiar with SC law, so my other question is would the mother receive some compensation if the driver wasn't illegal?
she was sentenced to 17 years right? and the tax payers are going to be paying for her all those years. she should be deported or something rather than wasting money on her in jail

she was sentenced to 17 years right? and the tax payers are going to be paying for her all those years. she should be deported or something rather than wasting money on her in jail

I agree with you, and she will get deported, eventually. But crimes are committed everyday by PEOPLE, not matter what their legal status is.

I agree with you, and she will get deported, eventually. But crimes are committed everyday by PEOPLE, not matter what their legal status is.
Yeah but now this murdering broad is our problem and she's not supposed to be.
Now, instead of spending that money on a better cause, we're going to pay to support her living and she's not even a 
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
 citizen.

Capital punishment ftw

Even though my heart goes out to the mother, I don't understand what role of the drunk drivers legal status plays in this?

The writer clearly put that out there to perpetuate some of motive or agenda he/she has against illegal immigrants.

30t6p3b.gif
at some of the NT'ers who automatically had something bad to say about illegal immigrants. That's just supporting the writers shrewd point.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

Even though my heart goes out to the mother, I don't understand what role of the drunk drivers legal status plays in this?

The writer clearly put that out there to perpetuate some of motive or agenda he/she has against illegal immigrants.

30t6p3b.gif
at some of the NT'ers who automatically had something bad to say about illegal immigrants. That's just supporting the writers shrewd point.
Legal residents have auto insurance. 

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

30t6p3b.gif

I'm not against immigration, butttttt technically if the driver is illegal, she shouldn't be here, if she isn't here the accident never happens. plus she can't pay for any of these bills which may have been covered if she had insurance, i don't think anyone who is here illegally can have insurance. i could be wrong, but i can see why dudes are bringing up her status.

What if illegal immigrant was replaced with a race? Will that change your opinions? Her immigration status does not have anything to do with the accident. Anna being drunk and behind the wheel caused the accident.

Originally Posted by imsleepy1234

What if illegal immigrant was replaced with a race? Will that change your opinions? Her immigration status does not have anything to do with the accident. Anna being drunk and behind the wheel caused the accident.
Her Illegal alien status has everything to do with her not having a drivers license and auto insurance and this poor lady having to pay for the cleanup of her only sons remains from the street. 

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

right on, and who's tax dollars are going to pay for her shelter and food for the next 17 years? OURS
yall are idiots...who supports ILLEGAL immigration?...and they will be deporting the person...as they do with all illegals...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MenteCriminal

Originally Posted by imsleepy1234

Her Illegal alien status has everything to do with her not having a drivers license and auto insurance and this poor lady having to pay for the cleanup of her only sons remains from the street. 

Really? What about those fatal accidents that are caused by legal-status drivers who have a suspended license and no insurance as well, is that the fault of illegals too?

Back
Top Bottom