Mom & pop stores in the GTA?

nope.... your thinking your going to find a store in a shady part of town with a little old Jew man behind the counter... but thats only in NY.... before youcould find sneakers in flea markets and shady malls (scarborough) 80's-early 90's... but now its only fakes.... so best bet is to go to FL/champs/ES,boutiques to find deals...

If you could even call them Mom & Pops there is First String & the Si Vous Play chain , I guess - Toronto shows no love to the independents overallwhen we have FL, AW, Champs, etc.

Big-box mass retail mentality

yeah they're everywhere...you'll probably find OG XI's.

You were looking for pre '05 sneakers before right? Odds of you finding anything remotely close to that are slim to none...unless you're looking forRumbles or BGs or something.

you're not going to find anything high end that's for sure. Everything you're looking for has already been purchased.

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

yeah they're everywhere...you'll probably find OG XI's.

You were looking for pre '05 sneakers before right? Odds of you finding anything remotely close to that are slim to none...unless you're looking for Rumbles or BGs or something.

you're not going to find anything high end that's for sure. Everything you're looking for has already been purchased.

I don't mind some OG XI's
pimp.gif

where?
I think he was just being sacractic...or just a total idiot and didn't realize that he contradicted himself but anyways

Wouldn't stores like Stolen Riches, Livestock etc count as "Mom and Pop" shops?

c0nf0cal was being sarcastic of course
tongue.gif

What up Rich? Long time underground, no?

contradicted myself? Are you sure that's the right word?

Jay, yessir, long time underground. I'm basically officially cured. Haven't bought a pair in over a year. bigger things now man - house, multiple cars,etc etc.

And yeah I was just messing around. the odds of finding a "gold mine" of old kicks in the GTA is next to impossible...I bet for every poster on theCanada Forum, there are 10-20 resellers just lurking.

I've posted some finds before and received PM's to take down the locations so the vultures could swoop. These are PM's from dudes with zero posts.

Multiple cars... dayum - straight pimpin, Rich - glad to hear you're cured of the shoe madness. Wonder what the other 30+ somethings are thinking acrossthe board when all is said & done. Let me know when the nuptials happen (happened?) Mine is in March.

RE: the OG post question -

Occasional finds are rare nowadays but not impossible - Winners has some weirdass shoe selection sometimes - I've gotten Timberlands & Oakley bootsfrom them before, but not Nikes... other than that Craigslist, Kijiji, & maybe flea markets if you are lucky; just watch out for fakes.

laugh.gif
at finding Nikes at Winners
eyes.gif

might as well take the trip down to NYC
tired.gif
Winners can be a goldmine though. I found Air Flight '96s the OLY Penny Editions. They were $49.99 and legit as hell. I'm trying to think ofother places and the only ones I can come up with are the National Whse and Si Vous Play and those place won't have older stock.

I was up in Kincardine of all places two summers ago and there was a little shack of a store (can't remember the name) but the dude had basically everyrunning shoe Nike made from 1992 to 1999, his prices were ******ed though - list price for yellowed OG AM 95's.

You will have luck finding a mom and pop shop outside of the GTA....drive north!

Jay - wedding might be on hold...just slipped one passed the goalie
eek.gif

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

laugh.gif
at finding Nikes at Winners
eyes.gif

might as well take the trip down to NYC
tired.gif
Winners can be a goldmine though. I found Air Flight '96s the OLY Penny Editions. They were $49.99 and legit as hell. I'm trying to think of other places and the only ones I can come up with are the National Whse and Si Vous Play and those place won't have older stock.

I was up in Kincardine of all places two summers ago and there was a little shack of a store (can't remember the name) but the dude had basically every running shoe Nike made from 1992 to 1999, his prices were ******ed though - list price for yellowed OG AM 95's.

You will have luck finding a mom and pop shop outside of the GTA....drive north!

Jay - wedding might be on hold...just slipped one passed the goalie
eek.gif
which cities?
nerd.gif

Your laughing at winners but that is the essense of the hunt. To go anywhere you might think a shoe could have been overlooked/forgotten and find a steal. If you don't approach it with that mentality then you aint built for the game. Stick with the e-bay and boutiques to get your kicks then.

Don't ask what ciites but rather check within any town you travel to to see whats available you never know. At this point in the sneaker game thoughcoming up on a steal ain't going to be as easy as it was before and your even less likely to get someone to give up the location of such a place to you fornothing. Get on your grind son

Your laughing at winners but that is the essense of the hunt.
The idea that Winners has Nikes still makes me laugh
laugh.gif

To go anywhere you might think a shoe could have been overlooked/forgotten and find a steal. If you don't approach it with that mentality then you aint built for the game.
uh huh

Stick with the e-bay and boutiques to get your kicks then.
okay
eyes.gif

Don't ask what ciites but rather check within any town you travel to to see whats available you never know.
how am I supposed to find a spot with no address within a short time frame?

At this point in the sneaker game though coming up on a steal ain't going to be as easy as it was before and your even less likely to get someone to give up the location of such a place to you for nothing.
true
frown.gif

Get on your grind son
uh huh
eyes.gif

everywhere sells Nike...why is it funny that winners sells it? I've seen many brands at Winners you wouldn't expect. Got my John Varvatos boots there
pimp.gif

As for stores and cities specifically, I don't know. You can just get a map (google makes a good one)...pick a city well outside of the GTA (peterborough,kitchener, tillsonburg, chatham, orillia, etc.) and go to yellow.ca and look for sporting goods stores that aren't familiar names.

man...dudes are either getting more lazy or dumber.

Now that I've saved you all that time, I'll save you even more. These mom and pop shops work on cashflow...they don't have the type of money tohold high priced inventory as overhead. It becomes an operating cost. They either sell it as lots, or will have cut the price and sold the goods long ago. Mostof them don't even carry high end sneakers, because their market won't support it. So, they may never have even had them in the first place. This isvalid for canadian stores. Do you think anyone in Tillsonburg thinks its a good idea to drop $200 on Jordans?

Guess who generally buys overstock and lots from these places? Wi...nevermind.

Rich educating the youth again
tongue.gif

Tillsonburg is a haven for the sneaker fiend LOL - Now if only Winners could grab lots from Nike that aren't mostly crap then we could do some serious shoehunting

if I get my own car...
pimp.gif

now I don't find it funny if Winners has Nikes, but
eek.gif
pimp.gif
if they have Jordans and Forces

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Speaking of mom n pops is ne1 know if Ceesays is still round on Lawerance West??
naw, its on eglinton west. was it ever on lawrence?

Originally Posted by Sidewayze

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Speaking of mom n pops is ne1 know if Ceesays is still round on Lawerance West??
naw, its on eglinton west. was it ever on lawrence?

Yea your right i meant towrite eglinton, its still open tho??

Don't dude run a drug cartel in there w/ his fake New Era's, Bapes etc......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Don't dude run a drug cartel in there w/ his fake New Era's, Bapes etc......
laugh.gif

I don't know all bout that
nerd.gif
, but I just need a damn blk/white/grey camo buckethat

Back
Top Bottom