MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

trailer was ok
lil let down
seems to focus on the damn people
that i know i wont care about
i know next trailer better see some monster fights

I don't mind what they are doing.

It's like a better Cloverfield.

The problem was the character development was trash in the first one.

The trailer just reiterated the same gripes I had with the first one. Too many human interactions. And Millie Bobby Brown is in it so she’s gonna have just as much screen time as Godzilla if not more depending on the budget. Really curious to see how King Ghidorah is gonna be portrayed more so than Mothra and Rodan. There needs to be destruction on a catalyclysmic level.

Definitely a step down in terms of art design and cinematography. Doesn’t look like a sequel to the first one at all :lol:

I’m good as long as they give me some good action

Definitely a step down in terms of art design and cinematography. Doesn’t look like a sequel to the first one at all :lol:

I’m good as long as they give me some good action

I more or less agree with where you’re coming from but it’s still just the first trailer. Depending on the budget there are things in this film that should transcend cinematography in film. Ghidorah alone should wow us. A 3 headed dragon in a 2019 film? I’m beyond curious. However with gripes I did have with the Godzilla ‘14 one thing I couldn’t complain about was cinematography. Gareth Edwards had his finger on the pulse on some scenes. My absolute favorite was that quick Chinatown scene. Godzilla has been really ominous in the film up until that point with it being the beginning of the final battle. They had him appear as if it were out of thin air with the tail spin and then the music was really subtle with the faint hit matching the lightning that showed his silhouette...and then he came and did the classic Toho roar and you could see all inside his mouth with his vocal cords trembling on some Jurassic Park **** :sick::sick: that movie had glimpses of potential like crazy. I need King of Monsters to over achieve. It just has to...

5DCB305F-9518-4907-8D20-2BBE52FA5C1B.gif

trailer was ok
lil let down
seems to focus on the damn people
that i know i wont care about
i know next trailer better see some monster fights

When it comes to "Hollywood-made Godzilla" movies, I've pretty much accepted this plot concept at this point........since Hollywood people believe "Western audiences" have too much A.D.H.D. to focus on a 2-3 hour monster movie where humans talk less and monsters brawl more.

At this point, I'm only going to be watching this movie thinking about how they'll pull off Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan in their individual scenes..........not caring if Millie Bobbie Brown has more dialogue than all 3 monsters and Godzilla's action scenes.

Last edited:
You guys like any of the old Godzilla films?

I remember the cartoon, too.
Aside from the original I've seen most of the older ones (Finally saw Space Godzilla on Showtime years ago). I doubt it would ever happen but I'd be happy if Jet Jaguar showed up at some point

It made me watch a couple old Godzilla movie clips on YouTube lol..

The OG MechaGodzilla movie
The King Ghidorah movie with the Mecha King Ghidorah

I used to have the VHS tapes and watch em bunch a when I was kid lol...

I think it’s gonna be a tag team because Mothra has always been interpreted as good even more so than Godzilla. Either Godzilla and Mothra vs. Rodan and KG or what I’m ultimately assuming, Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan vs KG. Ghidorah’s scale looks terrifying. I really want him to just invoke fear in audiences.

Last edited:
All of the monster visuals were so on point. Seeing 11 already makes me dread how much of her we’ll be seeing in the movie. I’m hoping she gets off’d quick like Heisenberg did.

A136ACEB-2469-4D0F-9871-154AC4944F16.png
Idk if it has been mentioned in here but the anime sequel has dropped. If it’s like the previous one..... :pimp:
Just finished watching part 2 of the anime. :pimp:
Can anyone enlighten me on what kitora is??
They mentioned it in the movie. I did my google search but couldnt get much info on it.

All of the monster visuals were so on point. Seeing 11 already makes me dread how much of her we’ll be seeing in the movie. I’m hoping she gets off’d quick like Heisenberg did.

giphy.gif

Trailer was dope overall, looking forward to it. Can’t be any worst than the first one since Kick *** isn’t the lead.

Back
Top Bottom