MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

I dont remember it being heavily praised, I thought it was mediocre and forgettable but when I heard they were bringing his rivals at some point I got pretty excited

it had mediocre reviews because they held off godzilla for the longest

they made it like a horror or suspense film to show him do stuff, story-wise it was alright but since you barely see godzilla it had little to no replay value

looks like this ones gon' be the john wick of kaiju films

Kinda? That s**t was absurdly blasphemous

I wouldn’t say blasphemous, a term that should strictly be reserved for the 98 version. The 2014 film was good and huge part of the reason we’re even getting this one and next year’s Godzilla v King Kong. Like many mentioned, the valid criticism of the 2014 film was the build up/limited Godzilla screen time.

I wouldn’t say blasphemous, a term that should strictly be reserved for the 98 version. The 2014 film was good and huge part of the reason we’re even getting this one and next year’s Godzilla v King Kong. Like many mentioned, the valid criticism of the 2014 film was the build up/limited Godzilla screen time.
I actually liked the '98 version but then again I was only 10 at the time. I still like it maybe that likeness is based off nostalgia? I agree had 2014 Godzilla had more screen time the movie would've received higher praise, not interested in the new one trailers look ehh

its supposedly full of pure kaiju action though and i think that alone might just be worth the price of admission...

i know its just a promo image but kong cant possibly grow bigger than gojira
D7zO6zMUEAAg6Fg.jpg

i mean not-enough-godzilla from 2014 is certified fresh and this one got too much kaiju and gets a rotten :lol:

Can't wait to check this out. I grew up watching Godzilla and King Kong. The 2008 and 2014 films were missing monster battles so this is what I've been waiting for. May go tonight but we've got game 1 of Finals so probably this weekend.

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. Not bad. I , personally, was underwhelmed. Lots of big bad titans, but still too much human drama. Wouldve liked more of a backstory to Ghidora. I enjoyed it, but didnt love it.

Back
Top Bottom