More music like this?

Honestly I don't know what Genre this sound falls into, but a friend showed me this and it's smooth..

I listen to mgmt so I guess I'm looking for music suggestions of that nature.  I was also told to check out passion pit...

NT give me some suggestions

Star Slinger is really just a remixer so far. Here are a couple artists that do similarly glitchy electronic pop.

Boys Noize 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

MOAR

any other artists??!?

I want to eventually be able to make this kind of music.

I'm working my way towards that.

MGMT and Passion Pit are great and all, but I wouldn't really say they're that similar. As mentioned, Star Slinger is a producer. He usually remixes songs and makes sample-based music. Good call on those songs, Boys Noize, especially Baths. He's dope.

Here's a bunch of others to check out:

Giraffage
Corduroi
Lapalux
Javelin
MillionYoung
Hard Mix
Ghibli
Citymouth
Slow Magic
sloslylove
MOTHS
Young Montana?
Teen Daze
CFCF
Air France
Southern Shores
Beat Connection
Bibio

I might be reaching on a few of those, but you should find something you like there.

I'm not sure I know of anything else exactly in the same vein but what you guys are looking for is basically weird pop/RnB music with a heavier electronic lean to it. Also weird pop/RnB with hip hop influences. I posted those ones up there because they're slightly glitchier (similar to how Star Slinger chops up his remixes.) You might want to look into AraabMuzik's electronic music/remixes he does for non-hiphop tracks. His chopping up of tracks on the MPC is very similar to what those other artists do. I'll post some other artists I really dig below. They might not all create music like what Star Slinger does but they're all putting their own twist on what "pop" music is.

To be honest, Baths is probably the only 100% match to Star Slinger
laugh.gif
I've seen them both live and they're really similar.

Great thread! I've been listening to Star Slinger all day and night.

What genre is this? Chillwave?

Back
Top Bottom