More problems at Indiana University?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010
eek.gif

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former Indiana standout Eric Gordon believes drug use caused a rift on last season's Hoosiers, according to a story posted on TheIndianapolis Star's Web site Wednesday night.

Gordon declined to identify which players allegedly used drugs, but said D.J. White and two others still on the team were among those who did not.

"It was the guys that were doing drugs that were separate," Gordon told the newspaper.

Gordon, who left after his freshman season and now starts for the Los Angeles Clippers, said some players' drug use led to friction on the team. Gordonsaid he spent time with a family friend in Bloomington because of the atmosphere surrounding some players.

Then-coach Kelvin Sampson tried to stop the drug use, Gordon said, but Sampson "was just so focused on basketball and winning and everything."

"Sometimes it felt like it wasn't even a real basketball team because of all the turmoil that went on," Gordon said.

Former Indiana guard Adam Ahlfeld said players were aware of the drug problem.

"I wasn't really with those abusing drugs, so I can't say what was really going on," Ahlfeld told the newspaper. "I wasn'tinvolved in any of those things."

Indiana athletic department spokesman J.D. Campbell declined to comment on the story Wednesday night.

"It would be inappropriate for us to have any comment on that," he said.

Current coach Tom Crean also declined to discuss the drug issue, citing privacy laws.

"We're doing our best to move ahead from a very difficult time for Indiana basketball and focus on doing that in the best light we can," Creantold The Indianapolis Star.

Indiana started 17-1 last season, but things began spiraling out of control as allegations surfaced about a recruiting scandal involving Sampson. TheHoosiers lost their first game of the Big Ten tournament and were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

The school bought out Sampson's contract in February. Last month, the NCAA put Indiana on three years' probation for recruiting violations.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

This !%+*# Snitchin? Why would he even feel the need to air that out?
That's what I'm wondering also....if it was THAT big of a problem, why not speak on it while you were a student at IU? The timing ofthese comments are a bit curious....I'm not doubting that there was some shady !%!+ that went on...but why say something at this point?

Every school players are going to abuse drugs whether it is in season or after the season...so this isn't surprising, but damn Gordon did you really haveto put your ex teammates on blast like that....Gordon FTL

Every school players are going to abuse drugs whether it is in season or after the season...so this isn't surprising, but damn Gordon did you really haveto put your ex teammates on blast like that....Gordon FTL

It thought this was well known from last season ... at least I knew.

I'm pretty sure Eric Gordon's dad spoke out about it before.

i don't even hate IU anymore...feel sorry for them.

but i do wonder what kinda question brought out these comments.

and he wasn't exactly snitching, he didn't name anyone.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i don't even hate IU anymore...feel sorry for them.

but i do wonder what kinda question brought out these comments.

HUH???

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010
eek.gif

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former Indiana standout Eric Gordon believes drug use caused a rift on last season's Hoosiers, according to a story posted on The Indianapolis Star's Web site Wednesday night.

Gordon declined to identify which players allegedly used drugs, but said D.J. White and two others still on the team were among those who did not.

I mean he might as well have.Considering a team is made up of 12 players,thats as bad as snitching in my book
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

What basketball player DOESNT smoke weed??
well, according to you, everyone does it, so what's it matter?
grin.gif
well,according to you,even though Gordon excluded people he said didnt do drugs,he didnt snitch because he didnt name the other 8 players thatdid
grin.gif

He said along with himself...DJ White and two others were the only ones that didn't do it.

That's equivalent to getting bagged by the police along with 5 of your boys on suspicion of a murder...but you tell the police...that a murder wascommitted but you and one other person in the group didn't have anything to do with it. How is that NOT snitching?

i mean, i guess so, but it doesn't really matter, and i could really care less. i don't think anything will come of this anyway, like DoubleJs said,due to the timing. he should've said something during the season, which then i wouldn't have blamed him for speaking on it.

Coming up this afternoon on ESPN Outside the Lines, "Drug use in college basketball - will the sport die?"

i mean, i guess so, but it doesn't really matter, and i could really care less. i don't think anything will come of this anyway, like DoubleJs said, due to the timing. he should've said something during the season, which then i wouldn't have blamed him for speaking on it.

It doesn't matter if anything happens or not...why implicate ANYONE a year later? That's throwing negative light on the other guys on that team...andfor what? You're in the NBA making millions...why @@+% on the other guys on that team...and then exclude yourself from any wrong doing? What purpose doesit serve? Even if it WAS during the season that's still not a good look. You keep TEAM issues in house.

i mean, i guess so, but it doesn't really matter, and i could really care less. i don't think anything will come of this anyway, like DoubleJs said, due to the timing. he should've said something during the season, which then i wouldn't have blamed him for speaking on it.

laugh.gif
Yo are you serious?? Dude shouldnt have said anything at all. This year last year next year never

But you would rather him go public about his own team's drug use while hes on the team?? Then you wouldnt have blamed him??
roll.gif
roll.gif

But yea I couldnt care less either... Tune into outside the lines later

Back
Top Bottom