More shootings this weekend

smh.gif

UW area is SKETCHY these days too.... it's been BAD this school year....

This message to members of the University community is being sent in the interest of public safety and in compliance with federal law requiring timely warningnotification of crimes committed on or near campus.

Timely Warning Notification of a Criminal Incidents - Seattle Campus - January 24 and 26, 2009 - Armed Robbery

There has been a rash of recent robbery incidents in the area north of the University of Washington's Seattle campus. The Seattle Police Department and theUniversity of Washington Police Department continue to coordinate their efforts to make the area safer. Additional officers have been added by the Universityof Washington to patrol the area. The Seattle Police Department has shifted both North Precinct resources as well as citywide resources to the area. Thisupsurge of violent activity is unacceptable.

Around midnight on January 24, 2009, a male victim was walking home in the area of NE 45th Street and 9th Ave NE, when he was approached by two male suspectswho demanded money. The victim was struck in the face and his wallet was taken, along with $40.00 cash. The suspects were described as males, in theirmid-20's, wearing dark hooded sweatshirts.

This incident is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department under incident number 2009-030031. If you have any additional information about thiscrime please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011.

On January 26, 2009, also near midnight, a male victim was walking northbound in the 5200 block of 17th Ave NE when he was approached by two male suspects. The suspects asked to use the victim's cell phone and when he refused he was struck with a fist. The victim's backpack, containing various items wastaken. The suspects fled northbound on 17th Ave NE in a burgundy PT Cruiser.

This incident is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department under incident number 2009-032322. If you have any additional information about thiscrime or the associated vehicle, please call the Seattle Police at (206) 625-5011.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these in the past 9-10 days

[h2]Shots fired at North CollegePark[/h2]
On January 26 at 8:48 PM, North Precinct Patrol Officers responded to the 10000 block of Aurora Avenue N to a report of shots fired. Upon arrival, the officers discovered that the suspects had already fled the area. Officers did locate a car that had been damaged by gunfire. Officers learned from witnesses that 2 men and a woman were arguing when another man drove up in a car and fired a handgun at the them. One of them men being shot at may have returned fire, judging by the damage to the vehicle. Officers conducted an area check for all parties, but without success.
[h2]Multiple reports of shots Fired[/h2]
On 1/24/09 at 1240 a.m., multiple people called in reporting shots fired in the area of Martin Luther King and S. Orcas St. Calls also came in concerning shots heard at Othello Playfield and Martin Luther King and S. Henderson St. with multiple vehicles involved. Officers checked the sites and found the most active information to be at MLK and S. Orcas. A witness gave information about males shooting guns at a passing truck in that area. Four possible suspects were stopped, but the witness said they were in the area, but not involved. Witnesses described a tan newer 4-door car and gray small 4-door station wagon as being involved. Officers conducted a area check for the vehicles with negative results. No injuries or property damage was reported.
[h2]Shots Fired-One person Hit[/h2]
On 1/22/09 at 1050 p.m., officers responded to a report of shots as many as four shots fired in the area of Union Street and 3rd Ave. When the officers arrived, they found that one victim, a male transient in his 40s, had been hit. The victim was found on the sidewalk in front of Benaroya Hall in the S/B Metro bus zone. Seattle Fire medics responded and transported the victim to an area hospital. He was treated for a single gunshot wound to his face, though the wound does not appear to be life threatening at this time. It is not known if the victim was the intended target.

Witnesses at the scene initially reported that they believed that the shots had come from an older red or maroon four-door, possibly a Ford, which had driven by the bus stop and then quickly driven out the area S/B on 3rd Ave. Witnesses reported that the vehicle was occupied by three or four individuals. Officers were not able to locate the vehicle in the area.
[h2]Shots fired in Crown Hill[/h2]
North Precinct Officers responded to the 10300 block of 9th Avenue NW after multiple calls of shots fired. Officers located a known adult male in the street. He matched the suspect description and was quickly taken into custody. Officers discovered a .38 caliber handgun and .22 caliber handgun on his person. Numerous .38 casings were located in the roadway. Witnesses who know the suspect believed him to be under the influence of drugs.
[h2]Drive by Shooting in SW Seattle[/h2]
On 1/18/09 at 3:21 a.m., officers responded to the 1800 block of SW Dawson St. to a report that someone had just shot up a house. The caller reported hearing several shots hitting his house and a car driving away from the scene possibly east bound on SW Dawson Street. The caller was unable to provide a description of the vehicle or of the possible shooter (s).

[h2]Shotsfired in Olympic Hills[/h2]
On January 29th at about 11:44 PM, North Precinct Patrol Officers responded to two calls of shots fired in the 3000 block of NE 137th.Responding officers located spent casings in the roadway that were still hot. The officers observed a heated verbal disturbance outside of a nearby apartment.When approached, the people creating the disturbance fled inside the apartment. One officer observed through a window an individual holding what appeared to bea shotgun.

I just read an article sayin a lot of gangs are comin up from california to here it sucks it used to be somewhat nice here now its just gettin worse

Originally Posted by mwyatt19

I just read an article sayin a lot of gangs are comin up from california to here it sucks it used to be somewhat nice here now its just gettin worse

looks liek a cycle....same kinda migrationhappened in the 80's. They were heavy in Tacoma and made it as far as South Seattle...died way down in the midto late 90's. I thought gangs on the whole had died down all across the country, but maybe theyre making a comeback?

Most of these kids I know involved in these shootings arent from Cali, they were born and raised here and most of the peers above them are from here too

I dont think it's another migration of Cali heads like it was decades back

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Most of these kids I know involved in these shootings arent from Cali, they were born and raised here and most of the peers above them are from here too

Possibly offspring of the previous gang influx? I mean, it's not a crazy theory.

I remember a teacher in middle school who lived in the CD and said she heard gun shots almost every night for awhile in the early '90s.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Possibly offspring of the previous gang influx? I mean, it's not a crazy theory.

I remember a teacher in middle school who lived in the CD and said she heard gun shots almost every night for awhile in the early '90s.
True it could be, I'm just talking about the kids I know personally that have been involved up to this point...most of them dont have anyaffiliation with Cali

Its hard for me to feel sorry for someone who wants to act hard and post gang related stuff on myspace, and then gets shot by a rival gang. Now he wanna actlike he was a innocent victim. If your gonna play with fire your gonna get burned, however he was only 21 and i dont think he deserved it. Whatever happened toa good fight or jumping? its just funny all these kids wanna be tough until one of them loses a life or something, maybe gangs really arent that cool

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

Its hard for me to feel sorry for someone who wants to act hard and post gang related stuff on myspace, and then gets shot by a rival gang. Now he wanna act like he was a innocent victim. If your gonna play with fire your gonna get burned, however he was only 21 and i dont think he deserved it. Whatever happened to a good fight or jumping? its just funny all these kids wanna be tough until one of them loses a life or something, maybe gangs really arent that cool
I agree.

I agree too, I was just posting the article and kind of a first reaction.

The violence is never going to stop as long as people are keeping their mouths shut. If you want it to end, nobody is going to help except those willing tohelp themselves. Cops can't do anything, politicians can't do anything, community leaders can't do anything.

[h2]Drive-by shooting in south Seattle[/h2]
On February 6th at about 11:20 p.m. officers responded to 911 calls of shots fired in the 3400 block of South Holly Place. Officers arrived on scene and discovered a house that appeared to be the target of the suspect'(s) gunfire. Upon further investigation officers located a female victim in her 50's to 60's with a gunshot wound to her hip area. The victim was transported to Harborview Medical Center by SFD Medics with reported non-life-threatening injuries. Initial investigation indicates that the victim was sitting on a couch inside the residence when the suspect(s) fired multiple rounds at the house. The victim appears to have been the sole occupant of the residence at the time of the shooting. There was property damage to the victim's house as well as a neighbor's house, but no other persons or property were apparently struck by gunfire during this incident. A silver or gold-colored suspect vehicle was reportedly seen fleeing the scene. Officers conducted an area search but the suspect(s) remain at large. Gang Unit Detectives responded to the scene and are actively investigating.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Another one last night, 25th & Jackson. 19-year-old, he'll live though.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008797847_webshooting01.html
[h2]East Precinct shooting, suspects arrested[/h2]
On February 27th at approx. 3:39 P.M., an employee of a store in the 2300 Block of South Jackson, called 911 and reported that several teenagers were in the store hiding from someone outside with a gun. As East Precinct officers arrived several gunshots were heard from the east. Officers located the male victim in the 500 block of 25 Avenue.S. The victim sustained a non life-threatening gunshot wound to the leg. A suspect vehicle description was given as a silver Cadillac occupied by several black males. Officers observed the suspect vehicle at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and South Graham Street. The suspect vehicle was eventually stopped at Rainer Avenue South and South McClellan. Four occupants were contacted and placed into custody. The suspects were transported to the East Precinct where Gang Unit detectives conducted interviews. Subsequently, the interviews verified the location of where the suspect hid the handguns after the shooting. The Gang Unit with the assistance of East Precinct Anti-Crime Team and SWAT served a search warrant at a residence in the 2500 Block of South Norman Street. Both handguns used in the shooting were recovered along with numerous other ammunition. Three of the suspects were booked into the King County Jail, and another was interviewed and released. The Seattle Police Department's Gang Unit is conducting this investigation.

I remember when I first got out here in 04 it was so quiet.total 180 from Chicago.But the last year or so it has been getting a little bit crazy out here.

From my view I dont understand the gang problems,I dont see large amounts of drugs being sold outside of weed and I barely see anybody living hard compared towhere I am from of course.So are these kids bored?or are they moving in from somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom