MORE: short film from Cudis blog

I haven't seen this on here yet so i thought i'd share, a friend sent this to me from Kid Cudi's blog its a short film from 99 really good imo ..deep stuff, discuss your interpretation.

edit: it's a little long but worth watching believe me.

Simple yet cool. What was the significance of the center of the "whirl-around" thing at the end?

I just watched this before... I thought it was really good.

The "whirl around thing" at the end was happiness... It shows that while he opened up & lost his happiness (at the end), that those kids brought it back. Since kids can bring joy to people.

Throughtout the video, I think it just shows how happiness was being purchased... Meaning happiness could be bought in life. Money = happiness = Materialism.

From there he had Bliss within himself so he wanted to show others how to truely be happy. He found real joy in himself & wanted to share it with others.

After doing this, it only took him so far. Later on, he once again felt lonley... He then reached inside like in the past, but only this time, found nothing.

Then at the end he saw the kids playing... That brought him happiness again. Kids can bring joy to people... Also I looked at it as him looking back at his memories & them always being there with him. In the beinging of the video when he looked for his own happiness, that was one memory that was there with him. They kind of go hand in hand.

it can really be interpreted any way thats what so awesome about this video, what i got is that the whirl around at the end shows that children see the world for what it is, their youth allows their bliss rather than the main character who's bliss comes from achieving exactly what he was being oppressed by, failing to see that his happiness was within him the whole time....hence the the little door of light, by the time he realized this at the end he had already sold his happiness.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I just watched this before... I thought it was really good.

The "whirl around thing" at the end was happiness... It shows that while he opened up & lost his happiness (at the end), that those kids brought it back. Since kids can bring joy to people.

Throughtout the video, I think it just shows how happiness was being purchased... Meaning happiness could be bought in life. Money = happiness = Materialism.

From there he had Bliss within himself so he wanted to show others how to truely be happy. He found real joy in himself & wanted to share it with others.

After doing this, it only took him so far. Later on, he once again felt lonley... He then reached inside like in the past, but only this time, found nothing.

Then at the end he saw the kids playing... That brought him happiness again. Kids can bring joy to people... Also I looked at it as him looking back at his memories & them always being there with him. In the beinging of the video when he looked for his own happiness, that was one memory that was there with him. They kind of go hand in hand.
Very interesting video...

Thanks for breaking it down. What's great about this video is that it is so literal and can be perceived in many ways by different people.

Back
Top Bottom