More than 480 web firms record 'every keystroke'

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42065650

Hundreds of web firms are tracking every single keystroke made by visitors, a study from Princeton University has suggested.

The researchers looked at seven firms that offer session replay software - FullStory, SessionCam, Clicktale, Smartlook, UserReplay, Hotjar and Yandex.

They found that 482 of the world's top 50,000 sites used scripts provided by one of these firms.

Firms using the software included the UK's news website the Telegraph, Samsung, Reuters, US retail giant Home Depot and CBS News.

I wonder if this would lead to a Google search blackmail situation. I wouldn't pay a dime, they can reveal mine.

And this is why I have uBlock, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere running at all times with a VPN layered on top of that.

There's been an uptick in crypto mining scripts as well. Never browse without protection.

And this is why I have uBlock, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere running at all times with a VPN layered on top of that.

There's been an uptick in crypto mining scripts as well. Never browse without protection.

Info on how to implement this on my Mac and iPhone?

Not the slightest clue. Haven't had an iPhone since the 4 and I don't use Mac's.

Firefox for iPhone may be able to download add-ons, not sure.

Secret agent over here

on one hand, everyone knew this in the back of their head even if they didnt know specifically how it was being done. honestly nothing you can do if you’re gonna use “their” phones and computers.

would be very interesting to see a weinstein type scandal snowball if for some reason celebrity/politician comprehensive digital histories began to get leaked.

Back
Top Bottom