Mos Def Challenge Vol. Battle Royal

pimp.gif

I been agreeing with this notion of dudes calling themselves the best simply off of their own merits and ego like they the only %#@+%! rapping. I'm gladMos reasserted his claims despite not thinking it would've got out to the public like that. That team is something fierce though. It don't got to be OlMan Jigga but I don't know what type of team he'd get together if he were to participate which I doubt he will.

That would be nice if it could happen but I doubt everyone would be down for it.

Mos Def stay calling out dudes. No big artists like Jay or someone of his level will ever step to him though because of their labels and fear of gettingripped.

I hope some less known dudes take him up on it though. I can see his team getting ate up by plenty of people.

to tell the truth, if its a battle of freestyles - that team has flaws - nas and mf doom off the dome is not good (no hm)

if it is just written raps then i could see them being a problem, but it also would also have to do with the crowd at hand

if Jay got murder mook, sigel, joe budden, and common - i think they could take them

^That team you just suggested is for written right? I've heard Common freestyle and although he's ok off the dome he aint gonna be impressive in abattle. Don't know about Budden off the dome in a battle either. Hell none of them really impress off the dome.

I've happened to hear DOOM, Mos, and Thought go off top and it was dope.

I'm sure Mos, MF Doom and Black Thought would love to do this but Jay, Nas and Ye.... not happening Mos

Zik, the team i have is for all around covering Punchlines, Freestyle and songs

i know black is dope writer, never heard him freestyle.. DOOM to me is a liability the factor of will people understand him riding the beat

But like i said it all boils down to is it written vs freestyle, beat or no beat, audience etc

dont get me wrong mos team is dope, but it is beatable... im surprised he didnt take up Talib and Common though

Other noteworthy Teams that could give them a run

1. Slaughterhouse W/ Eminem
2. Jay, Eminem Common, Royce, Rhymefest

Outside of the Midwest rappers you mentioned aint many of those dudes battle tested in a live battle. Dudes like Em and Fest are seasoned for that. Now writtenwise yea Royce and Budden go in but it does depend on the format.

In my eyes the liabilities are the rappers only known for that one famous battle. The way Mos is talking about it, it's gonna be in front of a crowd sinceit's in a football arena, it'll most likely have a simple boom bap beat to spit to, and that's it.

For real though Mos will probably let the freestyle/written shh go so lets say it's a mix of both. I still don't see dudes like Talib, Common, or evensome SH members excelling at that. Royce took a L to Mistah Fab
laugh.gif
Somerappers although great are not made for live battles at all.

IMO Ol Man Jigga is the type of dude to get clowned in this win or lose and make a bunch of salty songs with subliminal shots in em.

yea you right jigga in a lose lose

if its a simple boom bap beat, nas is in trouble freestyling, he cant even remember written songs lol

This team is unbeatable:

Canibus, Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique & Kool G Rap. Stoupe on the boards.

Nobody alive today seeing them in any facet, period.

Winnin a freestyle battle doesn't make you the GOAt. There are many qualities you have to have in order to be considered the BEST

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Winnin a freestyle battle doesn't make you the GOAt. There are many qualities you have to have in order to be considered the BEST
Yes and not being the best at freestyle battles would make you unqualified for consideration. I don't see this as Mos trying to get the GOATtitle by defeating anybody. I see it as him giving +$#!!+ a wake up call that they're not that nice and need to get out of their egotistical bubbles thatmake them say false shhh.

Back
Top Bottom