Most Annoying Saying in Basketball "Carmelo Anthony is the easiest scorer in the league"

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Why is it annoying just because you don't understand?  Actually... what is so hard to understand?  
laugh.gif

Lebron doesn't have the footwork, the jumper, or the post up game...so he has less of a variety of ways to score.  Still gets it done because he's an absolute freak and his physical tools are superior... just not in as many ways.

Durant... doesn't have the strength or a post up game.  He's a shooter, who seemingly is always on.  He's amazing...but should that shot not be falling on a given night, and if he's not getting calls putting him on the line, you've drastically limited the ways he can score.

Kobe... he can do it all.  Perimeter, post up, everything.  His offensive repertoire is 
eek.gif
.  He lacks the size of the other 3 though, and with his age and injuries... he has to work for every single shot he gets.

Melo... like Kobe he can do it all.  Perimeter, postup, everything.  Too strong for 3's, too fast for bigs.  
/thread

IMO the biggest difference is he does all his work in under 2 dribbles while LBJ and Wade create all their shots off  too much dribbling..
not that it's bad , but you'd hate for:

1. the shot clock a run out
2. have a limited selection whom you can kick out the ball to drain that sure J

Kobe's Kobe though. He'll make ridiculous shots like he practices them 
laugh.gif

Once Durant develops those post moves it's a wrap. He's young and can outrun and outjump most players. I don't mind him doing this to prevent being banged-up on the paint to avoid injuries.

He's also probably the most deceiving looking athletic players to ever play the game.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i agree w/ OP...if you look at his stats he shoots a lower FG% than Lebron, Wade and KD...and he only shoots 32% from behind the arc...

IMO the biggest difference is he does all his work in under 2 dribbles while LBJ, Kobe and Wade create all their shots off the dribble..

This. Is a major reason why he makes it all look so easy.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i agree w/ OP...if you look at his stats he shoots a lower FG% than Lebron, Wade and KD...and he only shoots 32% from behind the arc...

IMO the biggest difference is he does all his work in under 2 dribbles while LBJ, Kobe and Wade create all their shots off the dribble..

This. Is a major reason why he makes it all look so easy.

The thing is though its not like Melo cant do that, he can take you off the dribble as well. He just doesnt dominate the ball as much as Bron and Wade, he doesnt need to he has a good point guard

If anybody noticed, Durant actually shoots around 35-40% from 15 feet out. I forgot where the site was from, but most of his points come from 15 feet in where he shoots around 55-60%.

He still scores efficiently, but he's just being smart and getting the easier buckets.

85% of kobe moves are fadaway which i can't see how his offensive games are versatile.

having said that, melo durant and lebron are the top 3 players who can get buckets the easiest. whether its from their shooting ability or athleticism.

wade and kobe are toss-ups for the 2nd tier scorer.

Back
Top Bottom