Most effective ways to boost your immune system??

Trying to get healthier, I need to start with my eating habbits first, and exercise, but the question is what exactly should my meals/exercise consist of on a daily basis in order to significantly boost my immune system and maintain it?

Having healthy sleeping patterns is suppose to play a big role.

Not getting enough sleep has been linked to a laundry list of mental andphysical health problems, including those that stem from an impaired immunesystem. Our immune system is designed to protect us from colds, flu, and otherailments, but when it is not functioning properly, it fails to do its job. Theconsequences can include more sick days.

The relationship between lack of sleep and our immune systems is not quiteas straightforward as mom made it out to be, however. The immune system ispretty complex. It is made up of several types of cells and proteins that arecharged with keeping foreign invaders such as colds or flu at bay.

“A lot of studies show our T-cells go down if we are sleep deprived,

Sleep is arguably just as important as a healthy diet.

Drink more water as well. Juice is good, but people NEED TO DRINK WATER. Your body isn't 75% OJ with pulp. Aim for a gallon a day and you will notice dramatic improvements to your health, and you will lose a bunch of fat.

I recently searched for the Green Smoothie thread, some good stuff in there as well as the above stated recommendations.

Forget juice. Just drink water.

Vitamin C is your friend of course. Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruits, Kale, Sweet Red Peppers.

Work out.

As for exercising I would go ahead with some sort of jogging/running for 20-30 mins daily 5 times a week. I got up to 3.5 miles a day 5 days a week and did that for a few years and was only sick like once or twice that entire time. Cardio is key.

Sleep, non-dry sinuses, and half your weight in water (in ounces) - so if your 150 pounds- you need 75 ounces of water a day - average cup of water is 8 ounces, so drink 2 cups an hour and your set

Definitely sleep..... wash your hands often also ( disgusting to thnk how many people dont wash their sh__ )

I drink a couple quarts of water daily so I'm good. But the sleep I barely get any...

All previously mentioned tips will do little, if anything, to boost your immune system.
If you really trying to be about that life, just expose yourself to potentially unhealthy risks. That'll really get you going.

Your immune system is a defense system. Give it something to defend against.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

All previously mentioned tips will do little, if anything, to boost your immune system.
If you really trying to be about that life, just expose yourself to potentially unhealthy risks. That'll really get you going.

smile.gif

HIV or go home.

All you can do is cut down on things that are known to adversely affect you immune system, 2 bigs ones I can think of are stress and malnutrition-

Cut down on stress by exercising and working out, or anything that improves your mental well-beings
Eat a well-balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables, and take daily multivitamins

Travel and get immunization shots.

If you're taking risks contract small pox or the black plague.

I heard grapeseed extract is a really good immune system boost. Up to 20 times stronger than vitamin c. Take that, a multi-vitamin, loads of water, exercise, sleep, and a healthy diet.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

I heard grapeseed extract is a really good immune system boost. Up to 20 times stronger than vitamin c. Take that, a multi-vitamin, loads of water, exercise, sleep, and a healthy diet.

really? never even heard of it. will search on google if true then thanks a lot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

learn something new everyday

grapeseed extract is also AMAZING for your cardiovascular system. its proven to improve the strength of your capillaries, blood flow to the heart, also extracting fluids from your lungs.

sleep, exercise, healthy food options. i also take pharmaceutical grade multivitamins that are used by all of the WTA, 30 olympic teams, and Manny Pacquiao.

havent been sick in two years!

Originally Posted by wcghost

grapeseed extract is also AMAZING for your cardiovascular system. its proven to improve the strength of your capillaries, blood flow to the heart, also extracting fluids from your lungs.

sleep, exercise, healthy food options. i also take pharmaceutical grade multivitamins that are used by all of the WTA, 30 olympic teams, and Manny Pacquiao.

havent been sick in two years!

Point me to brand of multivitamins you're using, and grapeseed extract, where to buy and more info on benefits.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

smile.gif

HIV or go home.

HIV is soooo 80's.
Step your contagion game up--word to MEV-1.

pimp.gif

Yes Definitely get exercise. My girl works out every day and hasn't been sick in 2 years.  She eats lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Stay away from processed foods.  I take a multi vitamin every day. Lean meats, lots of greens, and stay hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom