Most Irrelevant Verses In Hip-Hop

I was listening to Mobb Deep's "Drink Away the Pain" ft. Q-Tip the other day and it got me thinking about irrelevant verses. While P and Hav rap about their love affairs with alcohol, Kamaal the Abstract swoops in from left field with a heist narrative perpetrated by popular clothing brands. 

I know Tip is Tip and this may not be crazy for him but it always leaves me scratching my head. Dope song though so here it is for you listening pleasure.

Give up your nominees for most irrelevant verse in hip-hop.

I was listening to Mobb Deep's "Drink Away the Pain" ft. Q-Tip the other day and it got me thinking about irrelevant verses. While P and Hav rap about their love affairs with alcohol, Kamaal the Abstract swoops in from left field with a heist narrative perpetrated by popular clothing brands. 

I know Tip is Tip and this may not be crazy for him but it always leaves me scratching my head. Dope song though so here it is for you listening pleasure.

Give up your nominees for most irrelevant verse in hip-hop.
:wow:

Had this same thought earlier this week.

Wish I could really back track to find something, but the first thing that popped in my head was Chamillionaire's original verse from Slim Thug's "Houston" (which they replaced with a Z-Ro verse). Slim Thug and Paul Wall verse's were about the Texans season leading up to the playoffs, and then Cham's verse is a generic verse repping Houston in general, and randomly throws in Andre Johnson's name at the end. That verse sticks out like a sore thumb :lol:

Last edited:
Don't forget RIck Ross on "Accident Murderers" The funny thing is both verses I've posted are in the middle of the song which totally throws it off even more.

ill probably catch heat for this but I've always felt Hov's last verse on Ignorant **** off American Gangster did not fit the song at all.

defiantly Ross's verse on Accident Murderers

couple of Jim Jones' verse on Diplomatic Immunity don't fit on there

ill probably catch heat for this but I've always felt Hov's last verse on Ignorant **** off American Gangster did not fit the song at all.

Well that's because everything he spit before beans came on was from the same song that was dropped in 05. That last part about imus and kittens was added right around the time American Gangster was released

But really anything from Wayne post like 07-08.

Back
Top Bottom