Most overrated producer ever/producer whose beats don't age well???

I'd say it's Timbaland. I can't believe people actually think he's the GOAT. 
sick.gif

He's a hip-hop infiltrator to the worst degree, and everyone gives him a pass. He steals beats without giving proper credit, he's disowned hip-hop & came running back when Danja stopped ghostproducing for him, & has the worst partner ever in Magoo. Besides, his beats don't age well, the sound effects he makes with his mouth are corny, and he has a Sausage Neck. Aligning himself for YEARS with sub part artists such as Missy Elliot, Tweet, & Ginuwine was digusting. He let other infiltrators into the circle (Timberlake, Nelly Fertado) & not one person called him out on it.

He gave Nas his worst beats ever ("You Owe Me" feat. Ginuwine, "You Won't See Me Tonight" feat. Aaliyah), had the worst beat on LOX's We Are The Streets, worst Snoop single with the most embarrassing hook ever ("S-N-DOUBLE-O-P D-O-DOUBLE-JUH-SAYYYYYY"
embarassed.gif
).

How can people say that the team of Jay/Timbo is one of the GOAT? Their best stuff together hasn't aged well ("N*gga What, N*gga Who"). "Hola Hovito" is the second worst beat on BP1 & he gave Jay his worst beat ever ("Ghetto Techno"). "Hey Papi", "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", & "Big Pimpin" are their only listenable songs together. He never stole the show on any Jigga album.

"I'm So Fly" & "Put You On Game" were his best-produced singles, and Danja co-produced them.

If only he finished what he was going to do after his $2 million watch was stolen.

I sort of see where you're coming from, cause I couldn't tell you a Timbo that just knocked me out (like a Dre, ALC, old DJ Paul/Juicy J beat), but
I could throw on Missy's 1st album or that Timbaland & Magoo 'Indecent Proposal' album and kick back like it ain't nothin.

Originally Posted by heelish

How can people say that the team of Jay/Timbo is one of the GOAT? Their best stuff together hasn't aged well ("N*gga What, N*gga Who"). "
Stopped reading here

^ It was dope when it came out, but I can't listen to AMIL's whack a*ss on it. Lyrically, Jay killed it but the beat didn't age well. This isn't about the song, it's about Timbaland's production skills.

Yea, you're tripping.

You're acting like you can't throw on an old Timbo produced track and people won't start vibing to it.

^Yeah, Swizzy is right behind Timbo. I'd say early Neptunes stuff is up there, but they've had so many classics.

You saying beats that dont age well but then you name 2 producers that rely heavily on melodies? (Neptunes & Tim)

The boom bap era was a classic era in hip hop but you're delusional if you dont think that sound has aged

It's actually quite the opposite.

If anything, Timbo is one of the only producers from the 90's whose work has aged well.

OP got poor taste.

Swizz is straight basura. Everything he did in the 2000's made me cringe.

Originally Posted by cartune

You saying beats that dont age well but then you name 2 producers that rely heavily on melodies? (Neptunes & Tim)

The boom bap era was a classic era in hip hop but you're delusional if you dont think that sound has aged

The late 90's/early 00's sound has aged so poorly. I said EARLIER Neptunes hasn't aged well, especially their songs with NORE
sick.gif
. Saying boom-bap aged poorly is like saying G-Funk aged poorly.
But Premier HAS been making the same beat for years now. 
eyes.gif

Heatmakers. Those sped up samples got played real quick. They weren't even good at using the sped up sample either.

%%%% no, Timbaland is one of the greatest. I don't care, maybe some of his beats are weak now but he still has joints that are thrown on and I'm still in shock.

I was just listening to Ginuwine's The Bachelor, production on this album over TEN years later is still phenomenal.
Supa Dupa Fly
100% Ginuwine
Miss E so Addictive
All of the Timbaland albums had some crazy production, Aaliyah's albums and the work he put in with Justin Timberlake.

Fabolous - Make Me Better
Ruff Ryders - They Ain't Ready
Obie Trice - Bad $*!*%
Lox - Ride or Die Chick
Snoop Dogg - Set it Off
Aaliyah - We Need A Resolution
Jadakiss - Nasty Girl
Ludacris - Rollout
Jamie Foxx - Can I Take You Home

All BIG name producers are gonna have some beats that don't age well because they have so many beats out. I can't play half of the Neptunes catalogue because so much of it sounds outdated now but I'm not gonna @%!% on them.

It's definitely swizz beats..timbo's "All Yall" is one of greatest beats ib my opinion..I wish Jay spit over it

how you say timbo and neptunes ??? They were clearly ahead of their time - you can put on both Justin Timberlake albums and they still fit into todays radio

also i'd have to say Swizz Beatz doesn't age well at all

Back
Top Bottom