Most upset you've ever been after a sporting event? Vol. '03 National Championship

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?

Not sure the year but ill try it
SF Giants VS NY Mets Playoffs - JT Snow Game tying HR only to lose it in the extra innings and eventually the series
SF Giants VS Anaheim Angels World Series - 5 freaking outs away
SF Giants VS Florida Marlins - Jose Cruz or whatever his name dropped an easy fly ball to right, Snow getting gunned @ home
Redsox VS Yankees "aaron Effin Boone"
Patriots Near Perfection - I swear i didn't watch sportscenter for almost a month

Not sure the year but ill try it
SF Giants VS NY Mets Playoffs - JT Snow Game tying HR only to lose it in the extra innings and eventually the series
SF Giants VS Anaheim Angels World Series - 5 freaking outs away
SF Giants VS Florida Marlins - Jose Cruz or whatever his name dropped an easy fly ball to right, Snow getting gunned @ home
Redsox VS Yankees "aaron Effin Boone"
Patriots Near Perfection - I swear i didn't watch sportscenter for almost a month

Originally Posted by you go boy

94 nba finals
30t6p3b.gif
john starks
01 world series yanks lost in the 9th

One of the most excited/happy I've ever been when the D'Backs won it all...don't even know why I don't care about them...or baseball at all anymore.

Originally Posted by you go boy

94 nba finals
30t6p3b.gif
john starks
01 world series yanks lost in the 9th

One of the most excited/happy I've ever been when the D'Backs won it all...don't even know why I don't care about them...or baseball at all anymore.

rivera-2001world-series_display_image_display_image.jpg

large_tyree.jpg

There's been other heart breakers but nothing compares to those 2...although my level of being upset of #2 does not compare to #1.
tired.gif

rivera-2001world-series_display_image_display_image.jpg

large_tyree.jpg

There's been other heart breakers but nothing compares to those 2...although my level of being upset of #2 does not compare to #1.
tired.gif

2000 NCAA Football Championship - One of the best offenses in the nation and the Heisman trophy winner and all we can muster is 2 freaking points.

I know Snoop Minnis sat that game but damn
30t6p3b.gif

2000 NCAA Football Championship - One of the best offenses in the nation and the Heisman trophy winner and all we can muster is 2 freaking points.

I know Snoop Minnis sat that game but damn
30t6p3b.gif

I've had a few that stung deep.

The 2005-2006 National Championship Texas over USC has got to be #1 for a lot of reasons.

The 2003 World Series when Florida beat the Yankees also hurt a whole hell of a lot. We had that in the bag and that marks the last day I bet on a team I personally root for. That defeat was crushing.

The following year when the Yankees lost to the Red Sox was also absolutely humiliating but the first loss in the series, that one stung. By game 7 I was just numb.

Taking it back a little further Duke over Kentucky in i think it was 92, Christian Laettner the buzzer beater and the perfect 10-10 game left me shocked. Only followed by the next year when i was a super Fab 5 fan and Webber Calling the timeout to lose the game against North Carolina.
30t6p3b.gif

*EDIT* I think i'm getting the Yankees/Marlins World Series confused with the one we lost to the Diamondbacks back in 01.... but the loss in 03 hurt a lot too

I've had a few that stung deep.

The 2005-2006 National Championship Texas over USC has got to be #1 for a lot of reasons.

The 2003 World Series when Florida beat the Yankees also hurt a whole hell of a lot. We had that in the bag and that marks the last day I bet on a team I personally root for. That defeat was crushing.

The following year when the Yankees lost to the Red Sox was also absolutely humiliating but the first loss in the series, that one stung. By game 7 I was just numb.

Taking it back a little further Duke over Kentucky in i think it was 92, Christian Laettner the buzzer beater and the perfect 10-10 game left me shocked. Only followed by the next year when i was a super Fab 5 fan and Webber Calling the timeout to lose the game against North Carolina.
30t6p3b.gif

*EDIT* I think i'm getting the Yankees/Marlins World Series confused with the one we lost to the Diamondbacks back in 01.... but the loss in 03 hurt a lot too

All those KU games you mentioned 
laugh.gif
I almost punched a hole in my wall last year.

Hmmm... lets see.

Oregon losing to Cal in 07. %%%*!+@ touchback fumble. I wanted to cry after the game.
Oregon losing Dixon against Arizona later in the season. Self explanatory.
'02 Giants collapse against the Angles. #+%* that rally monkey.
2000 Western Conference Finals. The year my Laker/Kobe hatred started. #+%* those refs. Cant wait for them to burn in hell.

Only ones I can think of off the top.

All those KU games you mentioned 
laugh.gif
I almost punched a hole in my wall last year.

Hmmm... lets see.

Oregon losing to Cal in 07. %%%*!+@ touchback fumble. I wanted to cry after the game.
Oregon losing Dixon against Arizona later in the season. Self explanatory.
'02 Giants collapse against the Angles. #+%* that rally monkey.
2000 Western Conference Finals. The year my Laker/Kobe hatred started. #+%* those refs. Cant wait for them to burn in hell.

Only ones I can think of off the top.

Back
Top Bottom