Movie Buffs: Foreign films?

Asian Action wise..

definitely the 2 Ip Mans, 13 Assassins, and Raid Redemption is absolutely ridiculous.

Best of Youth
Pan's Labyrinth
Life is Beautiful
Joyeux Noel
A Prophet
City of God
The Intouchables
I Cento Passi
Cinema Paradiso

those are some of my favorite ones

Really most of the foreign films that I can remember are Horror...so here goes that...

Them - French flick...cool twist with really good suspense.
Frontiers - Another French one...this is kinda like a Texas Chainsaw sorta thing...incredibly violent.
High Tension - Something you've likely heard about...it's very good.
Let The Right One In - The Swedish version of Let Me In...way better than the remake.
Dead Snow - Norwegian "Nazi Zombie" joint...a little silly at times but it's definitely a fun watch.
Dogtooth - This one isn't horror but it's very bizarre...the direction and the way it's shot is amazing.

All of these are great and I highly recommend them, but if there's one recent foreign film that I would classify as "must-see" it's this one.

Most of the trailers make it seem hokey, but it's tone is a little more serious when you're actually watching it.

It's easily one of my favorite movies from the last 5 years. Period.

In addition to those listed...

Film - (Genre) - Logline
M - (Film Noir) - When the police in a German city are unable to catch a child-murderer, other criminals join in the manhunt.
La Dolce Vita - (Comedy/Drama) - A series of stories following a week in the life of a philandering paparazzo journalist living in Rome.
Abre los ojos - (Drama/Romance) - A very handsome man finds the love of his life, but he suffers an accident and needs to have his face rebuilt by surgery after it is severely disfigured.
Det sjunde inseglet - (Drama) - A man seeks answers about life, death, and the existence of God as he plays chess against the Grim Reaper during the Black Plague.
La fille sur le pont - (Comedy/Drama) - It's night on a Paris bridge. A girl leans over Seine River with tears in her eyes and a violent yearning to drown her sorrows...
La battaglia di Algeri - (War) - An account of the bloodiest revolution in modern history.

just saw this one... In Darkness, its about a group of Jews during WW2 that live in the sewers and is helped by the sewer inspector

documentary, but its about the greatest sushi chef ever and his son going to take over once he's gone

Originally Posted by ErickM713

The Man from Nowhere
I Saw the Devil

If you're into Korean action movies.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pretty much La Haine (the hate) is all you need to know
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

la-haine.jpg

one of my top 5 films of all time

Originally Posted by PLVN

Really most of the foreign films that I can remember are Horror...so here goes that...

Them - French flick...cool twist with really good suspense.
Frontiers - Another French one...this is kinda like a Texas Chainsaw sorta thing...incredibly violent.
High Tension - Something you've likely heard about...it's very good.
Let The Right One In - The Swedish version of Let Me In...way better than the remake.
Dead Snow - Norwegian "Nazi Zombie" joint...a little silly at times but it's definitely a fun watch.
Dogtooth - This one isn't horror but it's very bizarre...the direction and the way it's shot is amazing.

All of these are great and I highly recommend them, but if there's one recent foreign film that I would classify as "must-see" it's this one.

Most of the trailers make it seem hokey, but it's tone is a little more serious when you're actually watching it.

It's easily one of my favorite movies from the last 5 years. Period.
A few weeks ago, I was looking for some good horror movies, and saw that The Troll Hunter was one of the ones on a lot of people's top 10 list. Is it really that good?

edit\\ I ignored it because it's not the type of horror movie I was looking for. I am more interested in supernatural movies.

If you're into action/martial art films check out The Raid: Redemption. I think its Korean (might be wrong), but you really don't need subtitles to know what's going on. Perfect chill group movie!

Originally Posted by AyshunPryde

If you're into action/martial art films check out The Raid: Redemption. I think its Korean (might be wrong), but you really don't need subtitles to know what's going on. Perfect chill group movie!

Indonesian actually, that movie was crazy 
eek.gif

i watched this movie when i was like 13. captivating as hell. literally was absorbed into their world.

images

i think it won some awards too. i dont even want to explain it. just watch it, beautiful cinematography, gripping storyline, and real characters. great movie.

"The Fall" had some of the most amazing imagery i've ever seen.  
eek.gif

It's going to be a pain to try and find some of these movies.

Originally Posted by myselfonline

A few weeks ago, I was looking for some good horror movies, and saw that The Troll Hunter was one of the ones on a lot of people's top 10 list. Is it really that good?

edit\\ I ignored it because it's not the type of horror movie I was looking for. I am more interested in supernatural movies.

Yeah it's great...the acting is done well and the story is really cool.

It's without a doubt one of the best "found footage" films.

I'd say give it a shot even if it doesn't seem like the type of movie that you would typically enjoy. There are some really creepy parts.

Originally Posted by Air273

tell no one

That was a GREAT movie! Mind blowing even...

Back
Top Bottom