MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Good info. Figured as much.

Might change to monthly if the next annual deal is no different. 3 movie cap across the board, no stub pic, etc.

I was overseas for a couple of weeks. Wtf happened? There are barely any movies available theu moviepass in nyc. My local only had The Meg and Slenderman. The theater near my job that I frequent isn’t even available anymore:

I was overseas for a couple of weeks. Wtf happened? There are barely any movies available theu moviepass in nyc. My local only had The Meg and Slenderman. The theater near my job that I frequent isn’t even available anymore:
:lol:

Mans like

krabs.jpg

For real! Gonna give it to September. If they don’t fix this I’m out
You gotta catch up on like the last 5-7 pages man :lol:

Depends if you're a monthly or annual subscriber but things will change after the 15th.

There might still be some blocking of blockbuster movies for some time. Peep the vid on this page.

In order not to run out of money MP has been making up new restrictions to force ppl to cancel and if you do you cant sign back up for 9 months. I guess they think they'll be in a better situation a year from now.

I left the movie theater tonight and checked Movie Pass, and they had nothing available for 9:30 on :smh:

Caught up on the last couple of pages. I’m month to month so I’m affected by the new change. Major blackouts on my app.
Had to pay $16.50 to watch MI tonight. :smh:

AMC’s plan looks like the best alternative atm but their theaters aren’t close enough for me. Regal needs to roll out a subscription pln by the end of this year.
The Regal near me has made all their showings reserved seats as an extra blow so moviepassing one movie to go to another is useless now.

Easy way to get around that.

Get the regal app. So you can get a live look of what seats are and aren't reserved when you go in.

Finesse em

Some important info for Annual MoviePass holders:

As an annual cardholder, this means nothing because the same lies and bull**** that affect monthly plans affect everyone. The app hasn't been working and a bunch of movies have been blocked no matter how you pay for the pass.

It's been terrible for about a month now. I finally just got fed up and checked in to see slenderman today since thats all that was available on the app and bought a ticket for Mission Impossible since I've been wanting to see it and its STILL not available on the damn app. If they aren't holding up there end, no reason for consumers to either.

The only saving grace is that Costco fully refunded me for the 2 annual moviepasses I bought for my mother and little brother.

As an annual cardholder, this means nothing because the same lies and bull**** that affect monthly plans affect everyone. The app hasn't been working and a bunch of movies have been blocked no matter how you pay for the pass.

It's been terrible for about a month now. I finally just got fed up and checked in to see slenderman today since thats all that was available on the app and bought a ticket for Mission Impossible since I've been wanting to see it and its STILL not available on the damn app. If they aren't holding up there end, no reason for consumers to either.

The only saving grace is that Costco fully refunded me for the 2 annual moviepasses I bought for my mother and little brother.

MoviePass process been terrible since they started restricting repeat views. Tend to watch multi times to better understand movie and/or kill couple hours. But users like Zik and I been saying gotta work around the obstacles.
If you've had Annual since last year and haven't gotten multi dollar amount times value what you paid, then not sure what to say. Canceling and getting money back is kinda pointless now. Not sticking up for any of the Company's procedure changes. All a pain in the a-s-s.
We all like jigs, workarounds and hacks when buying shoes and streetwear. Same idea.

Finesse em

Go early that day to buy ticket when you see most available times. Definately before late afternoon when everything removed. Try the Zik method: check in to one and casually go to another. Not my favorite recommendation cause of assigned seats. Take her phone with you.
I've just bought available ticket at lobby kiosk close to movie and time wanted, submited pic and then exchanged at main counter. Staff don't care. Be friendly and just come up with half excuse.
These methods and then some have been posted before. Not the most convenient, but work. Even the block on new releases can be circumvented.
Did these for MI opening week and second watch next week. Since on Annual plan, everything been icing on cake.
Shoutout to the 15% of MP holders that skew the average.

c055a87cba7e107b25c763cf21c1711cfda5a1c9.gif

I'm wondering if Slender Man's numbers this weekend were padded by Slenderman being one of the only Movie Pass movies available

MI6 was available but had peak pricing.

Today my moviepass is up. I canceled and they said I could use it up to the 8/13. My girl canceled too, and hers expires on the 8/18 I think.

Didn't matter everything was blocked out either way. I would have stayed though if I knew of the changes before canceling, but it's not a big deal like that anyway.

I'm just going not sign up for anything right now, give it some time, and just pay regular for any movie I want to go and watch as I used to.

I only started going to the movies more frequently because of Moviepass anyway.

I am trying to use my cancelled moviepass anytime i can until the 17th...but whenever I go in, I see only two movies, and one of them is blocked off. I hear they are starting to limit to 2-3 movies on purpose.

I would like to see how they survive but I am an A-List member eating my popcorn watching this unfold.

Easy way to get around that.

Get the regal app. So you can get a live look of what seats are and aren't reserved when you go in.

Finesse em

I thought of that but it’s not full proof. With assigned seats now I saw people casually strolling in to their seats after previews and a few mins after the movie started. Just bc seats aren’t reaerved on regal app or fandango doesn’t mean they won’t get bought up last minute.

I see a full card of movies this morning, let's see if it lasts till later.

Everything is showing for me this morning too. Hopefully it stays this way thru tonight and i’ll catch Equalizer after work.

I thought of that but it’s not full proof. With assigned seats now I saw people casually strolling in to their seats after previews and a few mins after the movie started. Just bc seats aren’t reaerved on regal app or fandango doesn’t mean they won’t get bought up last minute.
You're suppose to keep checking until the movie starts.

But if you're the type to want to sit in the middle you'll always be getting up out ya seat for ppl.

Gotta work the aisles.

You're suppose to keep checking until the movie starts.

But if you're the type to want to sit in the middle you'll always be getting up out ya seat for ppl.

Gotta work the aisles.
True. Its just so much of a damn hassle. I was checking seats on fandango app last night at the showing I went to and after the movie started was when it sold out. So I guess it’s miss the first 15 minutes of a movie or just be that annoying guy that keeps getting asked to move

Edit: blackouts are back. Only The Meg and Slenderman are availablr

Last edited:
Signed up for AMC.

Great deal with imax and Dolby viewings.
Even better that Marvel is going to show all of their films on the big screen.

That's too much work. I came to watch a movie and relax...not keep watching my phone like security.
I mean when you've seen all the trailers they're going to show that month I'm on my phone before the movie starts.

On NT. I tend to check only if I notice the theater getting packed which is rare for me.

Cuz that's another thing, I'm not going to see these movies 7-11 pm. I'm with the matinee crowd chilling.

So it looks like I'm going to see "Never goin' back" at Landmark today since they're e-ticketing theatre here. All the non e ticketing theatres for me show only Slender Man available or completely blacked out

My local theater is only showing Slender Man.

Might be my last month with MP as I just got the 3 movies/month email.

Back
Top Bottom