MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Caught Creed 2 on Wednesday and Ralph 2 today. Hadn’t used Sinemia all month until now with 3 days remaining on my cycle. They finally started charging the damn convenience fee. I was getting away with it for a while

This week I seen 6 movies, Burning/Fantastic Beasts/Green Book/Creed 2/Widows/Robin Hood. Need to see at least 2 more next week with The Favourite and Shoplifters.

watched can you ever forgive me and widows. going to catch creed 2 in dolby and ralph 2 in 3d later this wk

Shoplifters is a Japanese film thats been out and won a lot at the film festivals but just now hitting theatres by me, The Favourite came out friday but i've been watching so many other movies this past week. Oh yeah I need to watch Roma too which is Netflix's best chance at an Oscar award winning film

Didn't know anything was coming out next week

Have you guys seen the Movie Pass 2019 plans?

3 tiers.

Select $9.95 a month
Great value, special selection of movies just for you.

All Access $14.95 a month
All movies, all showtimes, no restrictions

Red Carpet $19.95 a month
All movies, all showtimes, 1 premium screening

Edit:
Not worth it. Won't accept debit/credit cards. Have to give them access to your bank account. :stoneface:

Last edited:
To people with A List did you buy it twice for you and your girl or how does it work if you want to bring someone else?

$15 deal sounds decent but i just don't trust them anymore

all ive been getting from them are deals and discounts that leads me to other stuff, i guess they got enough ad revenue and affiliate clicks to stay afloat :lol:

3 tiers.

Select $9.95 a month

Edit:
Not worth it. Won't accept debit/credit cards. Have to give them access to your bank account. :stoneface:
They wildin thinking I'm going to give them access to my back account. :lol:

I just know that one weekend they are gonna hit me with a $5000 "special maintenance fee"

Can anyone shed some insight? I'm thinking about A-List vs Sinemia. Closest AMC to me is 25ish mins away. Closest theater to me is a Cinemark. Which plan would you guys say is better and what would you do in my position?

3 tiers.

Select $9.95 a month

Edit:

Yeah that’s a wrap for me. I still kept them around for their E-ticketing at Landmark theaters, but if they’re raising prices and asking for banking info then I’m out :lol:

Can anyone shed some insight? I'm thinking about A-List vs Sinemia. Closest AMC to me is 25ish mins away. Closest theater to me is a Cinemark. Which plan would you guys say is better and what would you do in my position?
EASY AMC A LIST! Dolby Cinema and IMAX alone is worth it. Been with them for 2 months. No problems whatsoever! Also, got like 20 dollars on rewards I haven’t used. VERY EASY to use app.

3 tiers.

Select $9.95 a month

Edit:

I heard about this. :lol:

Every two months they have a different plan

I think I have around 40. I saw Schindler's List for the first time over the weekend.

The next two weeks should be interesting.

I wish I would have seen Bumblebee last week

Into The Spider Verse
The Mule
If Beale Street Could Talk
Mortal Engines
Aquaman
Bumblee

and there's a couple of more

CEO of MoviePass' parent company had $7.25 million in stock that's now worth less than $50

At this time last year, MoviePass was the darling of the entertainment industry, boasting millions of subscribers and a cult following. But since then, the business model has proved faulty, causing the company to repeatedly pare down its once-generous subscription plan. That prompted a swift backlash from its subscribers.

But it's not just movie buffs who are feeling hurt by the company. Ted Farnsworth, CEO of MoviePass parent company Helios and Matheson Analytics, has taken a financial beating. Thanks in part to the failures of MoviePass, $7.25 million worth of Helios and Matheson stock Farnsworth was awarded in 2017 was worth less than $50 as of Dec. 8, as Quartzpointed out after a Dec. 10 SEC filing by the company.

To put the plunge in perspective, shares of Helios closed at $2,520 on Dec. 12, 2017, and on Dec. 12, 2018, they are trading at less than 2 cents.

According to SEC filings, Farnsworth's total compensation for 2017 was $8.9 million, about 80 percent of which consisted of stock (then worth $7.25 million). Farnsworth's base salary for 2017 was $225,000 and he received $1.35 million in cash bonuses and $76,050 in housing expenses.

Helios acquired MoviePass in December 2017 but announced in Octoberthat it plans to spin MoviePass off into its own entity, MoviePass Entertainment Holdings. The new entity, the company has said, will be publicly traded.

"Since we acquired control of MoviePass in December 2017, HMNY largely has become synonymous with MoviePass in the public's eye, leading us to believe that our shareholders and the market perception of HMNY might benefit from separating our movie-related assets from the rest of our company," Farnsworth previously said in a statement.

After the spinoff announcement, shares of Helios spiked, but were still trading at pennies per share. While such a move might benefit Helios on Wall Street, it's still unclear whether the company will be able to execute the spinoff.

Seen Vox Lux and A Cool Fish the other day. Still behind in so many I need to see, The Favourite, Roma, Shoplifters, Mary Queen of Scots

I got a Regal theatre minutes from my house. Should I Sinemia or re-up movie pass?

Back
Top Bottom