MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I think im good on paying for a movie subscription and cant justify the price… I see a movie once a month and that’s if theres something good out… very rarely prally never do I see more than 2 movies a month… I usually go to matinee and its 6.00 per movie and if its imax its 7.50…I usually pass on imax unless it’s a blockbuster like end game… and the movies by me isn’t even regal or amc its xscape… if they have the movie subscription at my local theater ill take a look at it but don’t think I would actually do it…

I think im good on paying for a movie subscription and cant justify the price… I see a movie once a month and that’s if theres something good out… very rarely prally never do I see more than 2 movies a month… I usually go to matinee and its 6.00 per movie and if its imax its 7.50…I usually pass on imax unless it’s a blockbuster like end game… and the movies by me isn’t even regal or amc its xscape… if they have the movie subscription at my local theater ill take a look at it but don’t think I would actually do it…

Where do you stay where IMAX is only $7.50? Sheeeesh

And with a plan(AMC and formerly Moviepass) I go a lot more than I used to, because movies I wouldn't have paid for I'll see now. I probably wouldn't have paid for Midsommar or The Art of Self Defense.

:rofl::smh::sick::rofl:

New Report Alleges MoviePass Changed Account Passwords to Keep Users Locked Out

MoviePass is all but extinct (as of April 2019, the service reportedly had just over 200,000 subscribers left), and a new four-month investigation into the service published by Business Insider (via /Film) reveals some of the alleged unethical practices carried out by the fledgling company. One of the more shocking revelations is that MoviePass manually changed the passwords on accounts it found most active in order to prevent top subscribers from using the service. In an attempt to save money, MoviePass allegedly locked out some of its most active users so they wouldn’t be costing the company as much.

Business Insider also reveals that “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” was specifically targeted by MoviePass in order to help the company save money. News broke in July 2018 that MoviePass was not working for select “Fallout” screenings, prompting the company to blame a “technical issue” it was trying to fix. Former MoviePass employees told Business Insider that the “Fallout” error was not a technical issue but a deliberate choice on MoviePass’ part. The company knew “Fallout” would be one of the top choices for users, so executives “ordered half of subscribers be frozen out the weekend of its release” in order to save money.

MoviePass then allegedly started what employees called a “trip wire,” which was an “automatic shutdown mechanism for all users that would be activated if MoviePass went past a certain amount.” When the daily balance ran out, MoviePass accounts would stop working and an error message would read: “There are no more screenings at this theater today.” The balance reportedly started at a few million dollars each day, but as the company continued to suffer it went down to just a few hundred dollars.

“It was a guessing game,” a former staffer said. “There were some days we actually got all the way through without the trip wire going off.”

MoviePass became a moviegoing sensation in 2017 after it announced it would let subscribers see one movie each day for the total price of $9.95 per month. The $9.95 price point drove millions of subscribers to MoviePass, but it was a business model that could not sustain itself. From June 2018 to April 2019, MoviePass dropped from 3 million users to 225,000.

That is OD levels of sketchy. :rofl:

With that said, just used my Moviepass to see Once Upon a Time In Hollywood with no issues.

:rofl::smh::sick::rofl:

New Report Alleges MoviePass Changed Account Passwords to Keep Users Locked Out

MoviePass then allegedly started what employees called a “trip wire,” which was an “automatic shutdown mechanism for all users that would be activated if MoviePass went past a certain amount.” When the daily balance ran out, MoviePass accounts would stop working and an error message would read: “There are no more screenings at this theater today.” The balance reportedly started at a few million dollars each day, but as the company continued to suffer it went down to just a few hundred dollars.

I ****ing knew it had to be something like this. By 6pm in those days there would be NO showtimes available. I'm happier with AMC than I ever was with moviepass.

Man who the hell was it that kept caping for MP last year when it started going downhill? Was it tay1 tay1 ? :lol:

Wasn't me, but I'm definitely riding that ship into the ground haha. Apparently I must be one of the luckiest SOB's on the planet when it comes to this app. (knocks on all available wooden surfaces)

I mean you guys can still talk about the other thin A-List of whatever.

After moviepass I didn't mess with anymore services I've just paid full when I went and only probably went to the movies 1-2 since.

Yeah I've had A-list for a few months now and it's getting to the point where I have to push myself to go to the movies. Nothing too good out since Far From Home and IT part 2 was kind of a let down. Plus there's just been so much good content on streaming lately. I'm just now discovering how good some Amazon originals are. The Boys, Fleabag, Jack Ryan, Bosch, and I haven't even started sneaky pete or Mrs. Maisel yet.

Back
Top Bottom