MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Enjoy brotha!!
tenor.gif

My girl and I got our cards today. Process was extra smooth. Checked in, went in, but the complete cost wasn't covered (had to pay 6 cents). All in all, pretty satisfied thus far.

i need to roll into general more often...how am i just hearing about this?!

As others have said the process is super easy with no friction. I didn't have to go to a person and buy tickets and show them my moviepass card hah. It was done through the movie theater's kiosk.

1. Check in on my app the movie and time I wanna see and be at the theater (gotta be 100 yards distance from the theater)
  2. Select the movie and time on the kiosk
  3. When it's time to pay for the movie, swipe my moviepass debit card at the kiosk
  4. Kiosk prints ticket
This can also be done for advanced showings not shown that day as you just select the time and date in the future. You still just gotta be at the theater though at time of purchase.

I've seen 2 movies so far and I wanna see that Good Time movie too. Trailer looks dope.

Lot's of theateres in nyc on that list. This pays for itself with just one movie. Tickets here are like $15 a movie
JonathanLegend JonathanLegend watch Good Time before they pull it. It's only playing in a few theaters

Rainy weekend would love to use this immediately. They should have made an app that lets you check in just like the debit card

Also, can you buy a ticket in advance for an upcoming day? To avoid movies selling out or to secure tickets for new movies.

This is my question too. When you want to see a movie with friends and they're all buying online and selecting reserved seats a day or hours in advance would you then be limited to having to go to the theater to check in then select at the actual kiosk? No way to this online?

Damn the biggest problem I have is the local theater doesn't have a kiosk..

I don't want the workers to mess this up for me.. :rofl:

Last edited:
I will be getting one of these passes based on what I've read here 3 local theaters for me accept so that works out well for me . I will report once I get it going

Is this good for alamo drafthouse theatres or only the big chains like century and regal etc

Lot's of theateres in nyc on that list. This pays for itself with just one movie. Tickets here are like $15 a movie
JonathanLegend JonathanLegend watch Good Time before they pull it. It's only playing in a few theaters

Rainy weekend would love to use this immediately. They should have made an app that lets you check in just like the debit card

Good lookin out. I'll definitely check it as soon as I can.

This is my question too. When you want to see a movie with friends and they're all buying online and selecting reserved seats a day or hours in advance would you then be limited to having to go to the theater to check in then select at the actual kiosk? No way to this online?

Yup gotta be at the theater in advance to check in and get tickets. Unless that particular movie theater accepts E-Tickets.

I wonder if I can still use my regal card to keep getting points on going to the movies?

I still got points on my AMC card. I'm assuming Regal will be the same since the kiosk can't discern whether the card is a moviepass debit card.

Damn the biggest problem I have is the local theater doesn't have a kiosk..

I don't want people to mess this up for me.. :rofl:

:rofl: the card itself will work fine. They gotta accept it. Only thing is you might get a weird look from the concession person only if they realize it's a moviepass but yea it's still a debit card so they gotta take it. But I honestly doubt that a concession person would even care even if they knew about movie theaters like amc being pissed off about it.

Is this good for alamo drafthouse theatres or only the big chains like century and regal etc

If it works for Alamo I might have to get this thing.....
If any of you have never been to an Alamo you need to go.
Nothing like hot steaming food and a lot of alcohol while you watch a movie :pimp:

^It'll work for any movie theater that accepts debit cards (virtually everywhere) and the movie itself is in standard 2D. No Imax or 3D movies.

Nothing like hot steaming food and a lot of alcohol while you watch a movie :pimp:

I saw there's one in brooklyn. I'm not going to brooklyn to watch a movie though.

Alamo is alright. My issues with it are the paired seating and that the prices are way up there but it is the movies after all.

I saw there's one in brooklyn. I'm not going to brooklyn to watch a movie though.

I've been to the Brooklyn one a couple of times. It's great. Got a better menu than some restaurants.

Alamo is alright. My issues with it are the paired seating and that the prices are way up there but it is the movies after all.

Yeah it is a bit pricey but the experience is worth it to me. Only movie theater where I dont complain about how much they charge :lol:

Back
Top Bottom